Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets 2024

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Aye, not going down well at all.
    The removal of the first Championship match from the ST needed to come with a price reduction really. Priced at €150 for NFL D1 & 2.
    Unless you're going to all away League games, the ticket isn't worth it. Guaranteed access to tickets all the way to the Championship final won't be a seller for the majority of counties.
    They do a four match pass for €65 though. So if you go to the three home games, plus an away, it's ok value.
    €20 a ticket otherwise, which is fairly similar to LoI.
    There looks to be an increase in the Championship ticket prices coming too, maybe looking €30+, which is steep.

LoI ST prices work out much better value. You really don't need your ST to include aways, the majority will only attend a handful a season at most.
    Last edited by brendy_éire; 12/12/2023 at 10:33 PM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Any updates from clubs on 2024 season ticket volumes? Last we heard Rovers had hit 3750, Pats over 2700.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTFC View Post
    Any updates from clubs on 2024 season ticket volumes? Last we heard Rovers had hit 3750, Pats over 2700.
    Email from Rovers today says 'almost 4,000 season tickets sold.'
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

4. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Email from Rovers today says 'almost 4,000 season tickets sold.'
    That is some sales from Rovers. I would guess that must be close to 1m in revenue, and I would think about 1/3 of running costs for 12 months.

Would compare very favourably with half of Scottish Prem League clubs and League 2 clubs in England.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Galway Utd don't release that type of information. Or much information in general for some reason. Phenomenal sales by Rovers, fair play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Aye, not going down well at all.
    The removal of the first Championship match from the ST needed to come with a price reduction really. Priced at €150 for NFL D1 & 2.
    Unless you're going to all away League games, the ticket isn't worth it. Guaranteed access to tickets all the way to the Championship final won't be a seller for the majority of counties.
    They do a four match pass for €65 though. So if you go to the three home games, plus an away, it's ok value.
    €20 a ticket otherwise, which is fairly similar to LoI.
    There looks to be an increase in the Championship ticket prices coming too, maybe looking €30+, which is steep.

LoI ST prices work out much better value. You really don't need your ST to include aways, the majority will only attend a handful a season at most.
    I could only get a club plus gaa ST aswell so the value I get was poor enough anyway. I’ll probably skip it this season. The value for my Pats ST is a different gravy altogether. I’ve my seat in the main stand with my name on it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Well any news from clubs on ST sales? Rovers we know are over 4000, how about others?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I’d say St Pats have sold a right whack, probably not far off that.
    From our pov the main stand(Jodi) is sold out between season tickets, 1250 I think, and memberships( part owners), which I think is about 2000 atm.
    Now that could be over estimating the st s I think, membership may be higher.
    Sts for the des kelly are I think still available , about 800 sold last I heard.
    There will be approx 500 held back for on the day sales too.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    I’d say St Pats have sold a right whack, probably not far off that.
    From our pov the main stand(Jodi) is sold out between season tickets, 1250 I think, and memberships( part owners), which I think is about 2000 atm.
    Now that could be over estimating the st s I think, membership may be higher.
    Sts for the des kelly are I think still available , about 800 sold last I heard.
    There will be approx 500 held back for on the day sales too.
    Afaik it was around 3000 + or - a few hundred . We have 4000 home end tickets per game so we are looking at a good few sells outs this season.

12. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    I think from any club post Covid that has shown increases, for me Pats have been most impressive. I'm sure their fans on here would agree their crowds were quite modest** past 5 or so years, but to get to 4k games most Friday is very impressive. I was a little sceptical on figures last year as main stand was not always full, and gaps behind seating goal, so must have been some squeeze in camac end, but still the increase has been huge.

Then again getting almost 1k away fans 4 times a year with Bohs and Rovers visiting will help, still the home fans need to come to make up majority.

**In 1988 there were some huge crowds in RP as Pats went head to head with Dundalk for the title, a good few that 87/88 season had 5k, great games too.

Dundalk sold 1.5K possibly 1.8 ST in SK era, sales were 'brisk' over xmas per local media, I'd still think do well to get over 1k taking into account current scene.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

14. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Bohs similar, and in a shorter period Shels. Shamrock Rovers have led that charge, jumping average for them from 3k+ to 5k to 6k. Season ticket sales are the lifeblood for lower league teams in England, and should be the same here. Pats/Bohs have probably earned 600K from season ticket sales - pre covid they would not earn that in gate receipts in a season.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Shamrock Rovers approaching 4250 season tickets sold.
    Shels have sold 150 more than in 2023 and its a record for season ticket sales for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    4,250 STs must be well over €1m in revenue. How much does a LOI club generate outside of gate receipts. Merchandise, sponsorship, TV/streaming and whatever else.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    4,250 at an average of €200 = €850k.
    Decent amount of pre season revenue for the club and with the prospect of possibly up to 10k attendances in some games that should help to offset the comically overstated wages of Towell, Jack Byrne et al.
    From a Rovers perspective the only 2 positions in question for the upcoming season are goalkeeper and main striker - Quite important positions, we can all agree!!
    Think the focus will be placed once again on winning the league and hoping an extended European run materialises.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    I was told during the week that 100 STs for my club have being sold.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    4,250 at an average of €200 = €850k.
    Decent amount of pre season revenue for the club and with the prospect of possibly up to 10k attendances in some games that should help to offset the comically overstated wages of Towell, Jack Byrne et al.
    From a Rovers perspective the only 2 positions in question for the upcoming season are goalkeeper and main striker - Quite important positions, we can all agree!!
    Think the focus will be placed once again on winning the league and hoping an extended European run materialises.
    One goalkeeper won't save the goal alone. One striker will not score a goal alone. Over the long haul, not in some lucky situation. They need help, don't they?
    But I agree that many players' salaries are grossly inflated. Good reason to sell them.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Pats have sold a record number of season tickets.
    Same for Shels and Rovers and Kerry in first.
    Waterford, must be similar, and possibly Galway and Bohs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LTFC View Post
    Pats have sold a record number of season tickets.
    Same for Shels and Rovers and Kerry in first.
    Waterford, must be similar, and possibly Galway and Bohs.
    It’s really great to see the continuing increase in interest in the league. The potential to really improve things is there. Great to see Tallaght finished too. We can only hope for similar Council support at Pats.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    It’s really great to see the continuing increase in interest in the league. The potential to really improve things is there. Great to see Tallaght finished too. We can only hope for similar Council support at Pats.
    With the current pace of the redevelopment of Richmond the timeline for completion is on track with nasa landing astronauts on mars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    With the current pace of the redevelopment of Richmond the timeline for completion is on track with nasa landing astronauts on mars.
    Slow and steady wins the race!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast