Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Kits

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    In the far east yes, these factories won't be big but they are highly skilled and have high output. I once had a made to measure three piece suit made in Bangkok in under one day. Producing these would be a totally mundane task for 50 - 60 people turning them out hand over fist.
    But you're saying there is a factory that is solely dedicated to making West Ham kits. I'd bet my house that that is nonesense. In reality such facilities would be dedicated to a single manufacturer (i.e. Umbro, Addidas), but be making kits of multiple clubs for them, in response to demand. The idea that there is a single special dedicated factory that exists day-in day-out solely for West Ham kit - or indeed any other club (with the possibel exception of a massive shirt seller like Real Madrid) is frankly silly.

Your Bangkok suit example is irrelevant. Large kit manufacturers go for scale in production, as that's what minimises costs. They also have rigid regulations around environment responsibility, working conditions, HR etc etc, all of which mitigate in favour of large plants and against the sort of small operations you're claiming are making this stuff.

Why this all matters is that it means that Irish clubs with Umbro are having to compete within these factories for usually long-scheduled production slots alongside lots of other cliubs. Many of whom will be deemed such important clients and big sellers that they get prioritised.
    Last edited by EatYerGreens; 21/12/2023 at 11:47 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    But you're saying there is a factory that is solely dedicated to making West Ham kits. I'd bet my house that that is nonesense. In reality such facilities would be dedicated to a single manufacturer (i.e. Umbro, Addidas), but be making kits of multiple clubs for them, in response to demand. The idea that there is a single special dedicated factory that exists day-in day-out solely for West Ham kit - or indeed any other club (with the possibel exception of a massive shirt seller like Real Madrid) is frankly silly.

Your Bangkok suit example is irrelevant. Large kit manufacturers go for scale in production, as that's what minimises costs. They also have rigid regulations around environment responsibility, working conditions, HR etc etc, all of which mitigate in favour of large plants and against the sort of small operations you're claiming are making this stuff.

Why this all matters is that it means that Irish clubs with Umbro are having to compete within these factories for usually long-scheduled production slots alongside lots of other cliubs. Many of whom will be deemed such important clients and big sellers that they get prioritised.
    You are correct Umbro will have dedicated facilities. However their kits are made in Vietnam, China and Thailand and probably several facilities in each country. To ensure the quality of the products they will be all made in one facility, which will also produce their warm up tops, full & half zip tops, polo's tee shirts tracksuits etc. (my use of the my dedicated) While it may not be 100% dedicated to West Ham, it will have been awarded the West Ham contract by Umbro.
    I get the impression you thought I was saying they were made in some sort of sweat shop. I never implied or questioned the working conditions, HR obligations or Environmental responsibilities of any facility.
    Please don't go loosing your house on over a late delivery of rovers kits
    Merry Christmas

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Confirmed that Treaty United will wear blue home kits in 2024.

4. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Phase 1 of the planned return to the Limerick FC name next year?

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Phase 1 of the planned return to the Limerick FC name next year?
    Maybe I'd say. I'm sure Limerick United is the goal.

Split feelings on the colour switch. Plenty of people sorry to see the original red and white stripes of Limerick Senior football gone but many happy to see the blue back too.

8. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post

Split feelings on the colour switch. Plenty of people sorry to see the original red and white stripes of Limerick Senior football gone but many happy to see the blue back too.
    Changing the name won't change anything. I think they're wasting their time. Or maybe they're just attracting attention. Or what's the reason for this little rebranding?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    881 Posts

Home/Away colours maybe? Green for a third kit - cover all bases...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLL View Post
    Changing the name won't change anything. I think they're wasting their time. Or maybe they're just attracting attention. Or what's the reason for this little rebranding?
    Treaty is a terrible name, and was only ever gong to be a temporary thing whilst the legal nonesense around the use of 'Limerick' got sorted out.

I see no downside to using the name 'Limerick', and a hell of a lot of upsides.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLL View Post
    Don't think anyone is suggesting it'll change anything. Plenty of people want to see the name change, some want to see it stay while others aren't too bothered.

But it can't hurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts
    The new Pats kit is due back in stock next week. I put a pre order in for delivery, things are shooting up €70 notes now for a kit. I seen it when I got my season ticket , lovely kit imo. I like umbro. I’m not sure what the O’Neills stuff is like now but had a bad experience when they supplied Hartlepool the kits were only for whippets.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    The new Pats kit is due back in stock next week. I put a pre order in for delivery, things are shooting up €70 notes now for a kit. I seen it when I got my season ticket , lovely kit imo. I like umbro. I’m not sure what the O’Neills stuff is like now but had a bad experience when they supplied Hartlepool the kits were only for whippets.
    I've loads of stuff from O'Neills. Is it as good as Umbro or Adidas? No. But it's not a million miles off either. And more importantly - if O'Neills were supplying your kit, I suspect it wouldn't be out of stock 4 weeks before the new season starts and 3 weeks before your President's Cup game.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    O'Neills gear for Shels is ok quality, better than yonks ago but I don't think their standard designs are anything special, they are also a tad more expensive than Umbro too

Their USPs are clearly supply and if you want a Bob Marley or a Dublin Bus shirt they will design and release one you
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    I Neil’s have been excellent at bohs, supply never an issue , and good quality.
    Hummel were by far my favourite bohs kit design wise but nowhere close to O’Neill’s variety and quick supply

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    Their USPs are clearly supply and if you want a Bob Marley or a Dublin Bus shirt they will design and release one you
    Release yes, design no...

19. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NavanBohs View Post
    Release yes, design no...
    Who designs them so?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Who designs them so?
    He does!

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    All gufc gear is designed by one of our own Morgan O’Brien . O’Neill’s the best we’ve ever had for quality and supply

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Don't think anyone is suggesting it'll change anything. Plenty of people want to see the name change, some want to see it stay while others aren't too bothered.

But it can't hurt.
    If it can't hurt, there's nothing to worry about

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    All gufc gear is designed by one of our own Morgan O’Brien . O’Neill’s the best we’ve ever had for quality and supply
    That's brilliant. How many clubs have an in-house designer? bohs must have a lot of input as well obviously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    That's brilliant. How many clubs have an in-house designer? bohs must have a lot of input as well obviously.
    Would guess the vast majority of clubs have some sort of in house designer.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast