Thread: 2024 Kits

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    It's a Christmas thing.

People don't just buy new shirts at the start of the season/when they're released. A tonne will be sold at Christmas time too - particularly to none hardcore fans. So Umbro will prioritise the big clubs in their pre-Christmas production schedule. Could you imagoine Umbro telling West Ham the same thing they've just told Rovers? Zero chance of that. They'll feck over an Irish clubm but not one of their big clients.

Rovers should ditch Umbro for this at the first opportunnity.
    Interestingly, on the Umbro website page that lists the team sthey supply kit for they don't include Rovers or any other Iriish clubs. Yet they have all sorts of clubs listed that you've never heard of, plus things like the Ethiopian national team!

We're literally not even on Umbro's radar.

Umbro Clubs | Umbro Football Clubs | Official Umbro

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Interestingly, on the Umbro website page that lists the team sthey supply kit for they don't include Rovers or any other Iriish clubs. Yet they have all sorts of clubs listed that you've never heard of, plus things like the Ethiopian national team!

There’s even a second division Norwegian side that average 1200 fans at games on there and you can be sure they don’t sell more jerseys than rovers/pats would this year
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    You wouldn’t mind but Jon Courtney is a supposed rovers fan himself. Bohs used to have awful service from them too, nice gear but unavailable. O Neil’s is top quality and we have a smashing range of new gear for Xmas in the club shop. Best suppliers we’ve ever had, and the look and quality is excellent.
    Yeah he is but unfortunately I think his relationship with Umbro is over with JACC wound up?

Bohs do churn out some nice kits. And some others! I'd take that over what we've been served up lately though. Like the look of some of the New Balance kits too.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    These new jerseys of ours is terrible. Considering it was the 100 year anniversary you would think fans would have being consulted on this on different versions and put it to a a vote. Clubs PR is terrible the last while and I have given up on ever going to a Longford Town home game considering Im criminal property for only a verbal altercation so its their loss!

I am just gone beyond caring. My two lovely nephews would have done a better design on those jerseys!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    These new jerseys of ours is terrible. Considering it was the 100 year anniversary you would think fans would have being consulted on this on different versions and put it to a a vote. Clubs PR is terrible the last while and I have given up on ever going to a Longford Town home game considering Im criminal property for only a verbal altercation so its their loss!

I am just gone beyond caring. My two lovely nephews would have done a better design on those jerseys!
    The clubs centenary committee played a part in designing the home kit. It was open for anyone to volunteer and become a part of the committee but as usual people prefer to sit back and then criticise after the fact. I spoke to someone at Elverys yesterday and they reposted huge interest in the jersey.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts
    Had a look at our new kit in the club shop. I really like it. I’m not a fan our training kit this year imo it’s just awful.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    Had a look at our new kit in the club shop. I really like it. I’m not a fan our training kit this year imo it’s just awful.
    The new Pats home jersey is completely sold out in all formats too.

I'm speculating entirely - but I suspect Umbro provided a limited supply of them, they all went quickly, and there won't be any more for a while. Which is the whole problem with Umbro.

There'll be kids who should be running around in Pats jersies this Christmas who'll be wearing one from other teams or other sports instead. The impact of that - both financially and in terms of future support - shouldn't be underestimated. But this is what you get if you go with Umbro as your supplier.

8. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I understand what you are saying " it's a Christmas thing" but on the scale these things are produced in China, viatnam and Thailand there shouldn't be a problem for anyone. There will be a factory dedicated to making west ham kits, another one making kits for 10 smaller clubs and another for 10 more clubs etc. You'd just wonder when did Rovers validate the new designs??? Hhmm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,360 Posts
    I think there's a level of unprecedented demand for jerseys and other club merch this year. Harps online store has been mental this Christmas. I was in Finn Park today and the boxes upon boxes of gear getting shipped out on time for Christmas is nothing I've seen before, and the club are awaiting even further stock to make sure there's enough to meet the demand.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Dundalk away kit is like an optical illusion or what the world looks like when you have a bouncing gangover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I was dizzy after having a look myself! New tactc, blind the opposition with a psychadelic jersey...

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    I understand what you are saying " it's a Christmas thing" but on the scale these things are produced in China, viatnam and Thailand there shouldn't be a problem for anyone. There will be a factory dedicated to making west ham kits, another one making kits for 10 smaller clubs and another for 10 more clubs etc. You'd just wonder when did Rovers validate the new designs??? Hhmm
    Do you honestly think there is a factory somewhere in Asia which is enntirely dedicated to making only West Ham kit? Is that really how you think textile manufacturing works?!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I think there's a level of unprecedented demand for jerseys and other club merch this year. Harps online store has been mental this Christmas. I was in Finn Park today and the boxes upon boxes of gear getting shipped out on time for Christmas is nothing I've seen before, and the club are awaiting even further stock to make sure there's enough to meet the demand.
    Yeah was round there after 4pm it was a hands on as they courier was on his way to pickup the day's dispatches
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    https://www.dundalkfc.com/2024-home-away-jersey/

Nice retro feel to the home, and a throwback to the 1988 double winning season, shades of Wexford Youths on the away one !
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    The clubs centenary committee played a part in designing the home kit. It was open for anyone to volunteer and become a part of the committee but as usual people prefer to sit back and then criticise after the fact. I spoke to someone at Elverys yesterday and they reposted huge interest in the jersey.
    Of course they would say that. My younger brother was happy to come on board and hes very skilled as a graphic designer and yet he wasnt approached.
    Ur just full of b******* you are as bad as a certain town official who banned me in the 1st place.

Well each to their own!. I know lads in my whatsapp group are furious about the jersey design.
    U and ur comrades are running a banana republic altogether. It was you that originally broke up Section O hope ur proud of that fact.
    Its last time that I am going to comment as ur a born policitican whos ego is monstrous.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    505 Posts
    @Martinho II can you tone it down a bit please? There's no need for that level of aggression. If you can't talk to someone without getting angry, add them to your Ignore List.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Eh what did happen with Section O?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Do you honestly think there is a factory somewhere in Asia which is enntirely dedicated to making only West Ham kit? Is that really how you think textile manufacturing works?!
    In the far east yes, these factories won't be big but they are highly skilled and have high output. I once had a made to measure three piece suit made in Bangkok in under one day. Producing these would be a totally mundane task for 50 - 60 people turning them out hand over fist.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    822 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Eh what did happen with Section O?
    Section O is very much alive and kicking albeit a very young make up to it these days but fair play to the young fellas, they put huge effort into displays last season and making an atmosphere despite the terrible attendances and atmosphere. When I was in Section I ten years ago I was either in college or working in retail locally, most of the lads would have been the same so it was great having a core of lads going on busses every Friday night and having a few tins but that group of fans are all older now and living away from Longford. A new group has come up. It's different to ten years ago and I'm sure the lads from twenty years ago would say the same. That's life. Never mind Martinho hes unable to hold any sort of constructive conversation without throwing personal insults.

23. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    https://www.dundalkfc.com/2024-home-away-jersey/

Nice retro feel to the home, and a throwback to the 1988 double winning season, shades of Wexford Youths on the away one !
    And the manufacturers have clarified in response to queries that both jerseys will be available for purchase without the sponsor's logo.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast