Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Netherlands V Republic of Ireland - Saturday, 18 November 2023 - Euro 2024 Qualifier

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    I wouldn't wish any ill will on Stephen, but the comments about previous managers is petty and small time. O'Neill is a nasty piece of work who has enjoyed slinging it but basic cop on would tell you not to slag off a guy who won two European Cups, managed at a high level and had us competitive. I personally hated our style of play under O'Neill but you wouldn't be saying it's great under Kenny. Having a pop at Stan was out of order. An Irish legend who appeared in three world cups. In fairness, on paper, Stan had a very decent team and you could argue he did a worse job pound for pound given the resources at his disposal.

Kenny only had Coleman as a proper senior pro that could contribute anything of note as a player and he's injured a lot. The others are either past it like Duffy or limited like McClean (both have a skillset that was used much better by O'Neill). I feel sorry for him in this regard but despite what people are saying we actually have our most talented players coming through in twenty years. I'm glad to have Kenny gone with a view to maximisimg these players either in the team already or the ones about to come in like Moran. By the way, Moran will be a very good player for us imo. Hard to know what his ceiling will be, but I feel it will be good to very good premier league player.

We started the 2020s in disarray. Let's end it after playing in Euro 28 and in the mix for qualification for wc 2030.

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    369 Posts
    He had that tier 1 comment ready to roll – which is a problem. Even EalingGreen needed to check that up. So, it appears Kenny had his excuses ready prior to the result in the Holland, meaning he spent time in the build up preparing for defeat.

Understandable he’s making comments he believes can help keep him in the job, but in doing so he is revealing he is not currently doing his job as his mind is pre-occupied with fighting his corner.
    Last edited by ifk101; 21/11/2023 at 8:52 AM.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Even the Faroes got a point against a team higher than them in this qualifying group. The Faroes. Against the group winners no less.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post

Kenny only had Coleman as a proper senior pro that could contribute anything of note as a player and he's injured a lot. The others are either past it like Duffy or limited like McClean (both have a skillset that was used much better by O'Neill). I feel sorry for him in this regard but despite what people are saying we actually have our most talented players coming through in twenty years. I'm glad to have Kenny gone with a view to maximisimg these players either in the team already or the ones about to come in like Moran. By the way, Moran will be a very good player for us imo. Hard to know what his ceiling will be, but I feel it will be good to very good premier league player.

We started the 2020s in disarray. Let's end it after playing in Euro 28 and in the mix for qualification for wc 2030.
    yes and he dropped him when he took over. One of the many glaring errors he made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793
    surprised at the reaction to bazunu. thought he should have done much better for the goal.
    How dare you criticise him. He's playing every week in the pub league, so he's exempt from it. Beaten at the near post this time. Yes he made a few other saves, but by then the damage was done, and the three points were gone.

The stats are stark, 8 games played, 6 defeats, 10 goals conceded. An ever present in the worst Irish qualifying performance in 50 years.

When the new manager comes in, hopefully he won't select a goalkeeper who he can't rely upon to keep the ball out of the net. The first step on the road to progress.
    Last edited by mypost; 22/11/2023 at 6:19 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    How dare you criticise him. He's playing every week in the pub league, so he's exempt from it. Beaten at the near post this time. Yes he made a few other saves, but by then the damage was done, and the three points were gone.

The stats are stark, 8 games played, 6 defeats, 10 goals conceded. An ever present in the worst Irish qualifying performance in 50 years.

When the new manager comes in, hopefully he won't select a goalkeeper who he can't rely upon to keep the ball out of the net. The first step on the road to progress.
    As opposed to who? A grown man calling the English championship a pub league would make me seriously question your intellectual facilities.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LurcherLover View Post
    As opposed to who? A grown man calling the English championship a pub league would make me seriously question your intellectual facilities.
    I see you've met mypost.

There are multiple posters reporting that post, so I'm going to ask mypost to tone it down.
    Last edited by John83; 22/11/2023 at 8:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    507 Posts
    C'mon lads, grow up will ye? Did your mammies never tell ye to just ignore people that bother ye?

If you don't have the self-control to do it yourself, get the website to do it for you:

https://foot.ie/profile.php?do=ignorelist

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    888 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dahamsta View Post
    C'mon lads, grow up will ye? Did your mammies never tell ye to just ignore people that bother ye?

If you don't have the self-control to do it yourself, get the website to do it for you:

https://foot.ie/profile.php?do=ignorelist
    Calling out gobsh1tery is part of the fun sometimes : )
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83
    I see you've met mypost.

There are multiple posters reporting that post, so I'm going to ask mypost to tone it down.
    Tone what down, I did nothing wrong. I've used that phrase several times before, it applies to all leagues in England below the EPL.

I know people like to equate the quality of the league he plays in, with the Champions League that many of our opponents do, but facing opponents such as Rotherham every week is not the same as facing Real Madrid, it just isn't. The gulf in standards between the EPL and the next one down, is currently being shown by what the three promoted sides from last year are doing.

In the past 18 months, Kenny went with him in goal, just as Hassenhuttl did, and Jones did. They all lost their jobs, he's still there. His supporters tell us that Travers should be next in the pecking order. Well he got another go against New Zealand, but couldn't even be trusted to keep the ball out of the net for 20 minutes, leaving a gap as wide as the Dodder for the equaliser. What league does he play in???

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    828 Posts
    Fair play mypost, I think pinning Kenny's sacking on Bazunu might be your best work yet. 10/10.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

15. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Another fan boy of a club in England thats feels a player sitting on the bench of said club deserves be Irelands No.1 keeper because he supports said English club. Thats honestly an argument you'd get from a child in a playground.

17. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    I don't actually think it's his argument and you are lacking evidence to substantiate the alleged motive. On the plus side, you clearly have some expertise in the sphere of "playground arguments."

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,302 Posts
    I think it's not far off in fairness. My post is a Liverpool fan afaik.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,668 Posts
    He is indeed. This thread used to be fairly active and entertaining back in the day.

https://foot.ie/threads/19993-Everto...ool-discussion

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    He is indeed. This thread used to be fairly active and entertaining back in the day.

https://foot.ie/threads/19993-Everto...ool-discussion
    Good Lord, what a treasure trove of forgotten posters!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by third policeman View Post
    I don't actually think it's his argument and you are lacking evidence to substantiate the alleged motive. On the plus side, you clearly have some expertise in the sphere of "playground arguments."
    I don't think you should call yourself a policeman with those detective skills. It's clearly Planning.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    I would enjoy a thread where people talk about mypost but don't ever reply to his posts.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mypost View Post
    Tone what down, I did nothing wrong. I've used that phrase several times before, it applies to all leagues in England below the EPL.
    Okay, let me spell it out for you then: by using that phrase, you are winding people up. If you continue to wind people up, I'll give you an infraction.

26. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    I would enjoy a thread where people talk about mypost but don't ever reply to his posts.
    We could call it the pub thread, and it would be below his station to respond in it.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast