Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: 2024 Pre-Season Competitions and Friendlies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Great achievement for Kerry FC ! Who did they beat in the Semis Legendz?
    Kerry 4 - 1 Treaty in the semi-final 2 weeks ago, it was played on the Monday after the Friday they had played in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Cobh. 3-1
    Beat Cobh 1-0 in the MSC quarter-final during pre-season.

2. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Certainly seems to have been a rather youthful Waterford line-up yesterday, with Romeo Akachukwu the stand-out name.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    Certainly seems to have been a rather youthful Waterford line-up yesterday, with Romeo Akachukwu the stand-out name.
    It was the u19 team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Dundalk 2 down to St Mochtas after 25 minutes
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Finished St Mochats 2-0 Dundalk in the LSC, Dean Casey with both goals. Drogheda beat Athlone 4-0 with Adam Foley scoring a hat-trick and Emre Topcu getting the other.

In the other quarter finals Maynooth play Shels on Sunday at 12 and Bray vs Pats time/date is TBC at the moment.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    I was at our game and we played with a fairly strong line up. 3 youth players in our back 4 and Kenny Jnr. up front but the rest were first team players. A couple of defensive errors for their goals which can be forgiven given our inexperience at the back but we looked toothless going forward again. Really hard to see where we're going to get goals from at the minute. And fair play to St Mochtas, they were deserved winners and it was a nice welcoming club.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Maynooth beat a young shels team 4–1 on Sunday in the LSC. Looking at the Maynooth squad for the game, the majority of them have some LOI experience, with a lot of ex Longford and Athlone players in particular playing for them
    Paaatrick's Agletic

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Maynooth beat a young shels team 4–1 on Sunday in the LSC. Looking at the Maynooth squad for the game, the majority of them have some LOI experience, with a lot of ex Longford and Athlone players in particular playing for them
    Played us off the park earlier in the comp, good side.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    The Munster Senior Cup final has finally been scheduled for June 24th (19:30) at Turners Cross.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by culloty82 View Post
    The Munster Senior Cup final has finally been scheduled for June 24th (19:30) at Turners Cross.
    I love how the MFA are already ramming TX full of ****e matches again. I see some sort of local game on it for its reopening before both Cork men and women play on it. Surely the MSC final could be played elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    I love how the MFA are already ramming TX full of ****e matches again. I see some sort of local game on it for its reopening before both Cork men and women play on it. Surely the MSC final could be played elsewhere.
    its their big competition. why would they want to move it somewhere else?. theres 2 munster finals down to play in TX , the MFAs ground. i dont see why theyd be anywhere else if the pitch is fit to host games.
    Last edited by Jd2793; 24/04/2024 at 4:52 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Seems you're seeing that correctly: https://www.echolive.ie/corksport/arid-41380696.html
    "But on Tuesday afternoon, the MFA announced that the Cross will host the upcoming Munster Youth Cup final between Carrigaline United and College Corinthians next Wednesday night, May 1 at 7.30pm and it is understood this will be the first game played on the refurbished surface."

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    God forbid that the Munster FA hold their own Youth and Senior competitions in their own ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    God forbid that the Munster FA hold their own Youth and Senior competitions in their own ground.
    When you consider the tone of the statement they released and the fact they essential laid the blame for the entire state of the pitch on one league of Ireland match I think it's fair to ask if there's a necessity for these games to be played there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    When you consider the tone of the statement they released and the fact they essential laid the blame for the entire state of the pitch on one league of Ireland match I think it's fair to ask if there's a necessity for these games to be played there.
    As harsh and incorrect as the Munster FA's statement was essentially blaming an LOI match, ultimately it’s their ground and they can do what they want with it so questioning whether certain games get hosted there isn’t going to lead to them ever being changed as it’s entirely an MFA decision.

Its the equivalent of the MFA owning a house and renting one of the bedrooms out to CCFC, both have house parties every week that have left the place a mess, the MFA throw a strop about it, tell CCFC it’s their fault as their last party is the one that messed the place up. As wrong as the MFA are, CCFC are in no position to question the MFA on whether they should be asking their friends over to their next party in their own house
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    As harsh and incorrect as the Munster FA's statement was essentially blaming an LOI match, ultimately it’s their ground and they can do what they want with it so questioning whether certain games get hosted there isn’t going to lead to them ever being changed as it’s entirely an MFA decision.

Its the equivalent of the MFA owning a house and renting one of the bedrooms out to CCFC, both have house parties every week that have left the place a mess, the MFA throw a strop about it, tell CCFC it’s their fault as their last party is the one that messed the place up. As wrong as the MFA are, CCFC are in no position to question the MFA on whether they should be asking their friends over to their next party in their own house
    I don't think that analogy is fair really. It's a venue being used for its intended purpose by the business that rents it not a gaf party. The MFA have a responsibility to keep it in good shape and Cork similarly have a responsibility when using it but whether a match goes ahead is almost completely out of Corks control that's down to the refs and MFA really. The actions of the MFA have lead to the pitch being replaced. They can limit the number of games played on the surface but choose not to. They then attempt to throw Cork under the bus. Yes Cork playing on the pitch has contributed to the situation but the amount of games Cork play there is mostly known bar a couple of cup games and the schedule is released pretty regularly and earlier than it used to be so there is time for the MFA to plan other games or weeks where the pitch won't be used. They are just trying to use it as much as possible even when it shouldn't be. Sure it's their right to do it, I have the right to **** in my sitting room as well it doesn't mean that I should!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    I don't think that analogy is fair really. It's a venue being used for its intended purpose by the business that rents it not a gaf party. The MFA have a responsibility to keep it in good shape and Cork similarly have a responsibility when using it but whether a match goes ahead is almost completely out of Corks control that's down to the refs and MFA really. The actions of the MFA have lead to the pitch being replaced. They can limit the number of games played on the surface but choose not to. They then attempt to throw Cork under the bus. Yes Cork playing on the pitch has contributed to the situation but the amount of games Cork play there is mostly known bar a couple of cup games and the schedule is released pretty regularly and earlier than it used to be so there is time for the MFA to plan other games or weeks where the pitch won't be used. They are just trying to use it as much as possible even when it shouldn't be. Sure it's their right to do it, I have the right to **** in my sitting room as well it doesn't mean that I should!
    Yeah maybe not the perfect analogy, I wasn’t trying to say Cork have done anything wrong, more so that there’s nothing Cork can do about it unfortunately
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Has the MFA used CCFC as leverage in a SPG applications? Id guess thay have and with others so on that basis alone they could be in trouble if they are messing or singling out CCFC arbitrarily and without consultation between named applicants. Do CCFC have a formal agreement with the MFA for use of Turners Cross and what are the specifics. It wouldnt be too different from SDCC just closing Tallaght and blame SRFC for their agreed use of the pitch. Im sure Rovers/SDCC lease agreemeant is thorough!! If the surface is unplayable now its unplayable, the statement was poorly worded and looked very much like it was pointing the finger though its hard to know if it was intended that way or whether the author is just an idiot.

It would be a punch in the gut if CCFCs use of Turners Cross was on a more informal basis or that the agreement cedes all control of the ground to the MFA including being able to eject its anchor tenant or the the club has breached the agreement eg not paying rent. Regardless there seems to be few on the same page betwen clubs, local association, local and national leagues and FAI.

Will we ever move on from the petty suits hanging on to the little fiefdom and see a bigger picture oe day??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Has the MFA used CCFC as leverage in a SPG applications? Id guess thay have and with others so on that basis alone they could be in trouble if they are messing or singling out CCFC arbitrarily and without consultation between named applicants. Do CCFC have a formal agreement with the MFA for use of Turners Cross and what are the specifics. It wouldnt be too different from SDCC just closing Tallaght and blame SRFC for their agreed use of the pitch. Im sure Rovers/SDCC lease agreemeant is thorough!! If the surface is unplayable now its unplayable, the statement was poorly worded and looked very much like it was pointing the finger though its hard to know if it was intended that way or whether the author is just an idiot.

It would be a punch in the gut if CCFCs use of Turners Cross was on a more informal basis or that the agreement cedes all control of the ground to the MFA including being able to eject its anchor tenant or the the club has breached the agreement eg not paying rent. Regardless there seems to be few on the same page betwen clubs, local association, local and national leagues and FAI.

Will we ever move on from the petty suits hanging on to the little fiefdom and see a bigger picture oe day??
    I wish i was young as you filled with youthful optimisim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    I think he cynic was inherited from day dot I think, its the hope that kills. Was there ever comment from CCFC come to think of it? seems a bit conspicuous by its absence.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415