Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I'm not sure you read that properly
    An example of : Eats shoots and leaves

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The more results (either wins or draws) Rovers get, the better for all. I expect nothing from 4th & 6th match, but I'd be hopeful that something can be achieved from the other 4 games.
    Staying in the top 33 countries is the primary target and with co-efficient points living for 5 years, it is important to garner as many points as feasibly possible.
    From 32nd down, 10 teams are still alive, but none of these will be expected to survive to the knockout stages. I suspect that most points earned will by these teams will be from matches against each other.
    With RFS (from Latvia) in the Europa league, their task is more difficult, but they do have the comfort of playing 2 of their away matches in neutral venues (no games in Ukraine or Israel) and they have an extra 2 matches. Even still, I suspect that they will not garner many points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    A result against Apoel would be great. Maybe Jack Byrne can raise his game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccity View Post
    The more results (either wins or draws) Rovers get, the better for all. I expect nothing from 4th & 6th match, but I'd be hopeful that something can be achieved from the other 4 games.
    Staying in the top 33 countries is the primary target and with co-efficient points living for 5 years, it is important to garner as many points as feasibly possible.
    From 32nd down, 10 teams are still alive, but none of these will be expected to survive to the knockout stages. I suspect that most points earned will by these teams will be from matches against each other.
    With RFS (from Latvia) in the Europa league, their task is more difficult, but they do have the comfort of playing 2 of their away matches in neutral venues (no games in Ukraine or Israel) and they have an extra 2 matches. Even still, I suspect that they will not garner many points.
    I wouldnt rule out us getting something at Chelsea, its their last game and they will likely be safe and sound in the top 8.
    19th December is the begining of a very busy Christmas period for Chelsea, i could see them not being that bothered and playing a weak team.
    Clubs are allowed add anyone to the squad 24 hours before kick off that was born after Jan 1st 2003 and has been at the club for 2 years. With a bit of luck we could be playing the Chelsea under 20s.....still tough but not impossible.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 26/09/2024 at 3:39 PM.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I wouldnt rule out us getting something at Chelsea, its their last game and they will likely be safe and sound in the top 8.
    19th December is the begining of a very busy Christmas period for Chelsea, i could see them not being that bothered and playing a weak team.
    Clubs are allowed add anyone to the squad 24 hours before kick off that was born after Jan 1st 2003 and has been at the club for 2 years. With a bit of luck we could be playing the Chelsea under 20s.....still tough but not impossible.
    Any of our teams at their best aren't anywhere near Chelsea's third team even, let's not kid ourselves. It's the same sh*te talk we kidded ourselves with before the england game.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    671 Posts
    Jeez I said we could be playing their under 20s and it would be tough but not impossible, that's hardly bullish talk. Anyway my point is I would not be going to Chelsea expecting to see anything like a first second or even 3rd team
    ...hopefully anyway

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182