Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Series 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Drive45 …. Sorry but way too Gaaesque… like you I’m a relic from the Milltown 4 in a row era and beyond ( my claim to ‘ fame ‘ is that myself and 3 friend d were amongst the crowd of 70 !! Who attended an end of season game in Milltown circa 1973 , the season we had to be ‘re-elected ie finished last). So for me and others where we now are is almost unbelievable and sheer joy.
    Its mad how those lows make the highs so so worth the effort and keepin the faith. A lot of football fans have short memories and why I always try to see things as relative and with some perspective. There is quite a bit of grumbling around Oriel currently, some is fair enough, but people calling things a disaster obviously dont remember dark days like relegation or reelection.

With the league finished and hostilities unnecessary, while I dont enjoy Shamrock Rovers adding another title to a league of honour, I do actually like to hear of experiences like CJ above. I envy other clubs' fans on such days certainly not begrudge! Roll on 2024.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Don't understand why Pat's put out what was basically a full side if that was the attitude. Pat's have up after the first 20 minutes, after a few rough challenges. Don't blame them at all, no point getting injured or sent off for a fairly meaningless game. Is it an extra €10k or something for finishing second?
    We played well, but were allowed to. Patching's goal was lovely though. Nice enough way to end a disappointing season.

Decent crowd up from Pat's, and enjoyed chatting to some of them before and after in the town.
    We did rest/rotate a good few players tbf. Lennon is fit but was left out completely, Norman has been first choice over McGrath but was on the bench for him, as were both Leavy and Murphy, Mulraney and McClelland is usually an either/or decision but he played both as well as Nolan who's probably 4th choice as a winger. Then there were all the early subs on top of it etc. A lot of our squad options at the back are injured which is probably why all of Curtis, Redmond and Brealin started.

But yeah, don't want to take anything away from Derry but beyond the team selection the general application told the story of what the priority was for Pats. 2nd and 3rd in this league is much of a muchness really, next week was the main thing as soon as Europe was wrapped up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Kudos to Bradley and his staff for maintaining the hunger to win, hardest part of success is maintaining it. ****ing killed me to admit that.
    Good finish from bohs but the damage was done in the dreadful derby displays this season., cup of bust now, but looking at Flores Clarke and Afolabi limping around at full time was worrying.
    Cork are awful, shockingly poor they will struggle in a play off.
    Fair play Dermo. Makings of a good team over your way. I'd expect the derbies to be much more competitive next season, especially if you hold Afolabi. Himself and Clarke looked excellent this season from what I saw.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Depends entirely on Devine revamping our back four, signing a replacement for bucko, not an easy task, and holding on to the majority of our other players. Don’t wish to lose Flores, coote, grant, Connolly,Afolabi, Clarke , or McManus.
    Twardek O’Sullivan akintunde holzman, Dennison all seem to be out of favour.
    I’d keep Williams too he’s been unlucky with injury, cian byrne I’d imagine would be a priority too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Depends entirely on Devine revamping our back four, signing a replacement for bucko, not an easy task, and holding on to the majority of our other players. Don’t wish to lose Flores, coote, grant, Connolly,Afolabi, Clarke , or McManus.
    Twardek O’Sullivan akintunde holzman, Dennison all seem to be out of favour.
    I’d keep Williams too he’s been unlucky with injury, cian byrne I’d imagine would be a priority too
    Did McManus get injured as he didn't seem anywhere near as prominent in the last few months of the season?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Was away on trial in the uk, then had a break because of the leaving! Played ok last game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123