Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 2297

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

  1. #1
    Seasoned Pro joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    3,907
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    301
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    486
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

    2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

    Might aswell start this for next season!

    Gary Buckley and Ryan Flood rumoured to be heading to Galway....

    https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...358126303.html

    Bradley confirms Gaffney had 3 or 4 offers from around the country, namely Galway and Derry City.
    Last edited by joey B; 30/10/2023 at 9:57 PM.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pro ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    3,182
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    259
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    571
    Thanked in
    339 Posts
    Bradley saying that contract offers made very late for players, mentions Byrne and Gaffney specifically. Says Gaffney had 3-4 other offers on the table. I know he is a Galway lad and has a house there but is he really going to be at Galway next season. Still the best striker in the league and he has a hunger to win trophies and stay at the top for as long as possible. I’m thinking he does another season at Rovers.

  3. Thanks From:


  4. #3
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    13,475
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,017
    Thanked in
    2,371 Posts
    Can't be too many transfer fees paid between LOI clubs. Ryan Flood under contract at Harps, Ollie Horgan definitely approached him after the game in Galway recently too, so it'll be interesting to see whether they're willing to stump up a fee.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

  5. #4
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Can't be too many transfer fees paid between LOI clubs. Ryan Flood under contract at Harps, Ollie Horgan definitely approached him after the game in Galway recently too, so it'll be interesting to see whether they're willing to stump up a fee.
    Galway paid €6-10K for Mikey Place which went well!

  6. #5
    International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Longford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,674
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,692
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    964
    Thanked in
    826 Posts
    Flood is incredibly one footed, Id be surprised if Galway are looking to sign players from a dreadful FD team. Gary Buckley well past his best too. Wouldn't be getting overly excited by those names. They need plenty of investment if they are going to achieve anything next season

  7. #6
    First Team
    Joined
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,863
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    731
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    632
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Bradley saying that contract offers made very late for players, mentions Byrne and Gaffney specifically. Says Gaffney had 3-4 other offers on the table. I know he is a Galway lad and has a house there but is he really going to be at Galway next season. Still the best striker in the league and he has a hunger to win trophies and stay at the top for as long as possible. I’m thinking he does another season at Rovers.
    I hope so. He's the best player in the league for me. Won't have the same amount in the tank next season but I wouldn't want him anywhere else. I'd imagine Byrne is gone but if he can't stay fit that's OK. You can't win leagues with the likes of Byrne or McEleney if they can't play games.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #7
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Galway paid €6-10K for Mikey Place which went well!
    Did we ****.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

  10. #8
    First Team Jack B's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,017
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    13
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    164
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Seems to be at least some kind of optimism that Adam Murphy will stay with Pats which would be a surprising one to say the least.

    Sam Curtis is off for sure though. Only getting compensation for him isn't ideal.

  11. #9
    Seasoned Pro D24Saint's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,506
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    180
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    356
    Thanked in
    274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Seems to be at least some kind of optimism that Adam Murphy will stay with Pats which would be a surprising one to say the least.

    Sam Curtis is off for sure though. Only getting compensation for him isn't ideal.
    Very surprising on Murphy after nearly moving to Bristol. Not sure why that deal fell apart. He hasn’t hit top form since but would be an important player to keep for next season.

  12. #10
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Did we ****.
    Finn Harps to receive compensation from transfer of Mikey Place to Galway United

    "But due to his age and the nature of his arrangement with Harps, it is believed that Harps will get compensation to the tune of something between €6,000 and €9,000."

  13. #11
    Reserves yurt's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    285
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    26
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    55
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I know he is a Galway lad and has a house there but is he really going to be at Galway next season. Still the best striker in the league and he has a hunger to win trophies and stay at the top for as long as possible.
    This has been my thinking on it up now. Hard to see someone going from the best striker in the best team to a newly promoted club with no Europe.

    But I've read his wife gave birth last week so maybe having a young family based in Galway means he'll want to live and work as close to home as possible. Without really knowing the man or his situation at all I think the situation could be that he ideally wants to be in Galway next season but just depends if the club can pay him enough to make it make sense.

  14. #12
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Finn Harps to receive compensation from transfer of Mikey Place to Galway United

    "But due to his age and the nature of his arrangement with Harps, it is believed that Harps will get compensation to the tune of something between €6,000 and €9,000."
    Donegal Live LOL

    Nothing was paid.

    Talking through your hole as usual about stuff you haven't got a clue about.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

  15. #13
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    1,204
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    70
    Thanked in
    61 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Donegal Live LOL

    Nothing was paid.

    Talking through your hole as usual about stuff you haven't got a clue about.
    The main thing is you're not upset about it

  16. #14
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    The main thing is you're not upset about it
    Laughing at you - imagine posting one of those garbage clickbait websites as a source to try and prove a point about something you haven't got a clue about. Embarrassing.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

  17. #15
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,380
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    195
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    878
    Thanked in
    659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    Donegal Live LOL

    Nothing was paid.

    Talking through your hole as usual about stuff you haven't got a clue about.
    Assuming Harps gave him a letter retaining him before his contract expired compansation is mandatory.
    So either Harps wanted rid of him and didnt issue a retention letter or compo is coming (which may not have been paid yet).
    Thats not opinion its the rules. ITs why Rovers had to pay Boh compo for Mandroiu and Bohs had to pay us compo for Max Murphy

  18. #16
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Assuming Harps gave him a letter retaining him before his contract expired compansation is mandatory.
    So either Harps wanted rid of him and didnt issue a retention letter or compo is coming (which may not have been paid yet).
    Thats not opinion it’s the rules. ITs why Rovers had to pay Boh compo for Mandroiu and Bohs had to pay us compo for Max Murphy
    A lot of assumptions there.

    Ask some of the Harps fans on here did they get any money off GUFC for Place.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

  19. #17
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    13,475
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,251
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,017
    Thanked in
    2,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Flood is incredibly one footed, Id be surprised if Galway are looking to sign players from a dreadful FD team. Gary Buckley well past his best too. Wouldn't be getting overly excited by those names. They need plenty of investment if they are going to achieve anything next season
    Flood scored 14 goals for a dreadful Harps side, and was absolutely a step above everyone else in the squad. I think he'd walk into majority of Premier Division squads on his ability alone. Work-rate is the issue, and likely the reason he didn't progress to MLS standard from USL in the states. I think he'd be a fabulous signing for Galway tbh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Finn Harps to receive compensation from transfer of Mikey Place to Galway United

    "But due to his age and the nature of his arrangement with Harps, it is believed that Harps will get compensation to the tune of something between €6,000 and €9,000."
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Assuming Harps gave him a letter retaining him before his contract expired compansation is mandatory.
    So either Harps wanted rid of him and didnt issue a retention letter or compo is coming (which may not have been paid yet).
    Thats not opinion its the rules. ITs why Rovers had to pay Boh compo for Mandroiu and Bohs had to pay us compo for Max Murphy
    Quote Originally Posted by Olander View Post
    A lot of assumptions there.

    Ask some of the Harps fans on here did they get any money off GUFC for Place.
    This is all very funny. Compensation is a UEFA requirement. It happens all across the LOI. Harps have received compensation from several clubs in the past number of years. I'm not sure in the case of Mikey Place specifically, there may well have been some other arrangement in place of it, which has also happened, but we've definitely required compensation from several moves.

    Those aren't transfers though, which I mean specifically a player under contract getting a transfer fee paid between clubs.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

  20. #18
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    This is all very funny. Compensation is a UEFA requirement. It happens all across the LOI. Harps have received compensation from several clubs in the past number of years. I'm not sure in the case of Mikey Place specifically
    Ask the know-all Limerick fan, he'll tell ya
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

  21. #19
    Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2002
    Location
    In the long grass
    Posts
    38,607
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,793
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    5,014
    Thanked in
    3,297 Posts
    The know-all Galway will certainly tell you, it seems

  22. #20
    Reserves Olander's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    860
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    212
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    The know-all Galway will certainly tell you, it seems
    I know about my own club pineapple stewart.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Page 1 of 115 1231151101 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2023 Season, Arrivals and Departures
    By joey B in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1778
    Last Post: 30/10/2023, 1:47 AM
  2. 2022 Season, Arrivals and Departures
    By patrickccfc in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 2354
    Last Post: 21/10/2022, 4:52 PM
  3. 2021 Season , Arrivals and departures
    By sbgawa in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 1532
    Last Post: 28/10/2021, 11:41 AM
  4. 2020 season arrivals and departures
    By Martinho II in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 860
    Last Post: 25/10/2020, 9:53 AM
  5. 2020 season arrivals and departures..................Rumours!
    By nr637 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 24/11/2019, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •