Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    192 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    It was oriel web. I went on to see who
    Dundalk fans would even want in as manager but got great amusement out of the Long stuff so had to raise it here.
    It’s seems that orielweb is actually a beacon of truth! Keith Long has confirmed Dundalk approached Waterford for permission to speak to him about becoming manager

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...655156193.html
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    So it turns out Ainscough is absolute idiot or at worst a charlatan after all. I take it King and Ainscough go back a long way to when they were younger in the 80s?

I like Noel he's decent man and he did a good job with Shels women's WNL team which is not men's LOI level but everywhere else in the past 20 years he has done nothing, that is your typical Irish jobs for the boys hire
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    It’s seems that orielweb is actually a beacon of truth! Keith Long has confirmed Dundalk approached Waterford for permission to speak to him about becoming manager

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...655156193.html
    Probably a case of a broken clock being right twice a day! To go from trying to get Long in to Noel King is some turnaround though. I mean they would have obviously been happy to pay compensation for Long so I doubt money was the issue. Why go from plan A straight to plan Z though? Was there no other option if Long said no? Bohs manager hunt pre Reynolds was a bit of a shambles but they had A, B and C options by the looks of things. Even this time around they had A & B options. Dundalk fans better get the buckets out again and look at trying to buy the club from this Ainscough chancer because he doesn't have the money himself to fund it and he seems to be lacking in the know how to run it as well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    I woke up this morning and had to check that it wasn't a dream. This guy is so bad even the fai got rid. Car crash stuff. Can u imagine his team talks. Eat your orange quarters and let's get it up to the big girl up front.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    There are 'fans' who have stated that they'd rather be in the 1st division than have an American owner, based on their own personal political persuasion. Not anti hedge fund investment, faceless stuff that ruthlessly will take a return, just simply anti American even if they were the most dedicated and loyal kind. Well they have gotten what they wished for.

There has nothing officially announced so there could be an element of kite flying. I know its an old trick, to get what you want propose something complelely unpalatable so that people will be very relieved by the compromise. John Gill or Vinny Perth would be seen as a lot more acceptable now than if they were announced as new managers. BA could pivot after seeing the backlash simply because its not official yet, unlikely but can be done. If he takes this executive decision alone he completely undermines that new CEO and possibly other key people. He might reconsider if he sees Halpin considering walking after a matter of weeks. Hopeful thinking...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    This is Bray and Athlone stuff now.

Just disastrous. Im incredibly gutted - not just with the appointment, but how we got here.

Whatever about banter-era stuff - this kind of decision destroys fan bases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    If u want a measure of yhe man google his rte interview when he was interim manager and was questioned about his tactics ...nasty piece of work

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    One of the darkest days in the history of the club, this absolute bluffer coming in, just watch the anger at the next home game.

This is a disgrace by Ainscough.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I don’t know what to say. An absolute joke decision. I’d rather Filippo back.
    Rather? he won the FAI Cup and got to EL Group Stage, first and only time both was ever achieved by a LOI manager in same season.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    One of the darkest days in the history of the club, this absolute bluffer coming in, just watch the anger at the next home game.

This is a disgrace by Ainscough.
    What happened to things not being confirmed until its is on the official website. I dont see uch more than people saying its King on football fora and X. Its not been confirmed by national media just that its reported to be a done deal without official confirmation. Am I missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    348 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    What happened to things not being confirmed until its is on the official website. I dont see uch more than people saying its King on football fora and X. Its not been confirmed by national media just that its reported to be a done deal without official confirmation. Am I missing something?
    There you go Nesta!
    https://www.dundalkfc.com/new-manager-noel-king/
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    King has be confirmed as the new Dundalk manager. I’d say there are a lot concerned Dundalk fans today.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by D24Saint View Post
    King has be confirmed as the new Dundalk manager. I’d say there are a lot concerned Dundalk fans today.
    He won't be well received in Oriel on Friday, I'd imagine Mr Ainscough will get the same reception if he is at it

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I don’t know what to say. An absolute joke decision. I’d rather Filippo back.
    I thought Filippo was fairly decent for the most part.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    This is Bray and Athlone stuff now.

Just disastrous. Im incredibly gutted - not just with the appointment, but how we got here.

Whatever about banter-era stuff - this kind of decision destroys fan bases.
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel Kiki. King won't last long and this will probably see the end of Ainscough as well.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel Kiki. King won't last long and this will probably see the end of Ainscough as well.
    Then what for the club ? Is there anyone in the town that would step in. There are rumours doing the rounds of mounting debts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    877 Posts
    They are not rumours! Thats said we have paid a fee for Gullan, were obviously going to have to pay a fee if Waterford had let the approach to Long happen, there has been work done in Oriel Park including getting the YDC back open for punlic use. Not an absolute guide but not indicitive of out of control debt. Glentoran owner, Mags and her agency might come sniffing around again if the club became available in the 1st Division on the token level of cheap, that or done as I cant see there being the stomach for another pitch at fan ownership.

Now that King has been confirmed we just have to suck it up in the short term anyway. In the past there have been managerial appointments that on paper looked progressive, Trevor Anderson and Jim Gannon for example and they were disasters especially the former. Even Sean McCaffrey had a good reputation as an underage coach with a sports psychology background too and bar Monaghan United going bang we were relegated even with hos 'rolls royce of players' and Simon Madden not being good enough for Dundalk FC. Even back as far as John Hewitt there was a positive reaction to his appointment that was the start of the decline to relegation for the first time in the clubs history. It would be great fun if the appointment of King, an appointment that has united Dundalk fans in despair at probably our most fractured ever, that he clocks up some wins and keeps us up. Its grasping at straws but back to basics is whats called for, just being a horrible side that is difficult to beat and picks off the odd win against teams around us - and Derry and Rovers etc bloody well stop flapping about and quit gifting points to those we might have a chance of catching otherwise.

One things for sure is that this will be spectacular glitw one way or another....
    Last edited by Nesta99; 20/04/2024 at 4:12 PM.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    538 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    There are 'fans' who have stated that they'd rather be in the 1st division than have an American owner, based on their own personal political persuasion. Not anti hedge fund investment, faceless stuff that ruthlessly will take a return, just simply anti American even if they were the most dedicated and loyal kind. Well they have gotten what they wished for.

There has nothing officially announced so there could be an element of kite flying. I know its an old trick, to get what you want propose something complelely unpalatable so that people will be very relieved by the compromise. John Gill or Vinny Perth would be seen as a lot more acceptable now than if they were announced as new managers. BA could pivot after seeing the backlash simply because its not official yet, unlikely but can be done. If he takes this executive decision alone he completely undermines that new CEO and possibly other key people. He might reconsider if he sees Halpin considering walking after a matter of weeks. Hopeful thinking...
    Whos this Halpin bloke? When I first seen the news I thought it was a practical joke. God help us Noel bloody King. what age is he now?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    The SOD Out lobbyists at Dundalk today are certainly experiencing one hell of a dose of 'be careful what you wish for'
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    It's just an incredibly disappointing day to be a Dundalk fan. Aincough had appeared to be doing a lot of things right since he came in like bringing in the new CEO. But this appointment is just inexplicable. My only way to try to comprehend it is one of two options.

1) You have to assume he genuinely thinks that this is a good move. In which case his judgement on football matters gets called seriously into question. So who is he listening to and what's the point of having a CEO and Head of Football Operations in place. You have to believe in this scenario that neither would have endorsed King, if they were even aware of it in advance. In this case we're into Wild Bill version 2 rogue decisions territory.

2) On the other hand, if it's just a job for the lads move and he knows King is not up to it but hired him as a favour, then he must have deeper pockets then we thought. If he's willing to basically flush his investment down the drain with relegation, then what will stop him just bailing when the time is right.

I honestly don't know which scenario is worse.

Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38788687888990 ... LastLast