Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    I see Bohs, shels, Dundalk and Sligo are interested in buying Tommy Lonergan from Pats as per Dan McDonnell’s newsletter. He’s still in contract and Pats are looking for €60k for him. Based on his performances this year he wouldn’t be worth anywhere near that but there’s definitely a lot of potential there and if he was to leave and become a regular starter somewhere he could easily hit the ground running and be sold on for a profit on that. As it stands he won’t get many starts at all with Keating and Kavanagh coming in the door so it’ll be interesting to see if he’s happy to stay with that substitute role he had this year
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Jack Keaney heading to Drogheda according to Dan McDonnell….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    I see Bohs, shels, Dundalk and Sligo are interested in buying Tommy Lonergan from Pats as per Dan McDonnell’s newsletter. He’s still in contract and Pats are looking for €60k for him. Based on his performances this year he wouldn’t be worth anywhere near that but there’s definitely a lot of potential there and if he was to leave and become a regular starter somewhere he could easily hit the ground running and be sold on for a profit on that. As it stands he won’t get many starts at all with Keating and Kavanagh coming in the door so it’ll be interesting to see if he’s happy to stay with that substitute role he had this year
    I'd rather keep Lonergan tbh. He had a poor start to the season but he improved as the season went on and I'd be wary of him improving considerably with another team in the league as there's potential there. Kavanagh hasn't a great scoring record and I wouldn't want him as our main striker if Keating got injured.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    It's a weird one with Lonergan. You can see the talent there but it just didn't happen enough for him last season. Some great finishes but mostly surprisingly underwhelming overall play in terms of his first touch, etc.

Still and all agree with the above that I'd rather we kept him. If and when it clicks for him there's a serious goalscorer in there I think, certainly more so than Kavanagh who probably offers more along the lines of what Conor Carty did.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Bohs certainly need another striker in with Williams gone (don't understand that move from Bohs side tbh) and Afolabi more than likely heading abroad soon. Can't say I've seen enough of Lonergan to have formed an opinion on him but we have a good recent record with strikers so I'll trust the process there. Still desperately need defenders and a keeper imo. I'm hoping they have some lined up when the winter window opens across Europe.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Reading appear to be taking a keen interest in Kennedy Amechi:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts
    New Dundalk owner saying Hoban will be staying.

Now unless his agent forces a move, I don't see Dundalk just letting him leave and for free with one year left on his contract, but still the whole thing is just bizarre, unless it was the old regime due to cost cutting who came out with this in the first place.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    https://www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

PFAI transfer list there,Rob Cornwall an interesting name on it ….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    New Dundalk owner saying Hoban will be staying.... unless it was the old regime due to cost cutting who came out with this in the first place.
    Presumed that was exactly what it was. If there's now finance, can't see him leaving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Just makes the whole situation with Hoban even more bizarre. If they were actively seeking new investment and they knew that in an ideal world they'd be moving the club on quickly, why were they telling Hoban before the season even concluded that he needed to find a new club? I could understand it if finding new ownership/investment was looking unlikely and we were into December/January, but they went fairly early with it and only served to make his situation terribly messy despite still being under contract.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    €60k Dan can take Sligo Rovers off his list. We might be able to give a bag of balls and some loose change from down the side of the sofa.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    It's a weird one with Lonergan. You can see the talent there but it just didn't happen enough for him last season. Some great finishes but mostly surprisingly underwhelming overall play in terms of his first touch, etc.

Still and all agree with the above that I'd rather we kept him. If and when it clicks for him there's a serious goalscorer in there I think, certainly more so than Kavanagh who probably offers more along the lines of what Conor Carty did.
    I’m assuming Lonergan will be third in the pecking order behind Kavanagh (and obviously Keating) just based on Kavanagh only coming in the door but who knows, pre-season form and fitness might dictate the pecking order a bit. I do agree though I’d rather keep Lonergan as I always feel having just 2 main strikers over a year is always a bit of a risk, if you pick up an injury you’re a bit goosed. And with Lonergan the potential is defo still there for it to click for him. He only got 10 league starts last season so it can be hard to find a rhythm from the bench most weeks in fairness to him
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    341 Posts
    Shels sign the goalkeeper Healy from UCD. They really are very active in the transfer market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Ollie Horgan wearing a Bohs top on a flight this morning. New signing, or just Ollie being Ollie?
    https://twitter.com/bodgek/status/17...rPSnhKjNA&s=08

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I don't think that's Ollie

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Another bizarre modern day LOI first for a club to be looking for €60k compensation for a player they are prepared to let go for the 2nd time in 2 years...
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckett View Post
    I don't think that's Ollie
    It's definitely Ollie, and it's definitely an Ollie thing to do.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,302 Posts
    Can you imagine a world where there's an Ollie lookalike?!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Ya, my mistake. I bet he robs a football and a tracksuit top every time his team plays an away game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Just makes the whole situation with Hoban even more bizarre. If they were actively seeking new investment and they knew that in an ideal world they'd be moving the club on quickly, why were they telling Hoban before the season even concluded that he needed to find a new club? I could understand it if finding new ownership/investment was looking unlikely and we were into December/January, but they went fairly early with it and only served to make his situation terribly messy despite still being under contract.
    If that's what happened at all.... But you're right it makes no sense

Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast