Page 105 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105
Results 2,081 to 2,084 of 2084

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I’d prefer Jaros back, if I’m being picky. But still, good signing. Interesting, as he didn’t exactly leave on the best of terms.
    Jaros is off winning leagues in Austria and getting called up to Euros squads so we'd be doing well to!

With Anang I always gave him a bit of leeway because realistically he was only on loan to us and almost any player would take a club of Derby's stature over any LOI side. Maybe it wasn't handled the best, although maybe given that he's back that wasn't as much the case as it seemed. Either way he's actually a Pats player now which is an important distinction, and on a decently long contract to boot. Rogers is a relatively safe pair of hands but Anang is a different level, pleasantly surprised to see him return.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    I’d prefer Jaros back, if I’m being picky. But still, good signing. Interesting, as he didn’t exactly leave on the best of terms.
    Jaros seems to have kicked on to another level this year, winning the Austrian League & Cup, making his senior Czech Republic debut and the squad for the Euros and earning a new contract with Liverpool. It’s fair to say he’ll never play at this level again.

On Anang's departure in 2022, reading all the quotes on it at the time, Clancy seemed to have nothing but good things to say about Anang even after he’d left, but noted that he was seemed to be badly advised by his agent so it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the club’s stance on it also. He may well have changed agent since then
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 24/06/2024 at 7:23 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Jaros is off winning leagues in Austria and getting called up to Euros squads so we'd be doing well to!

With Anang I always gave him a bit of leeway because realistically he was only on loan to us and almost any player would take a club of Derby's stature over any LOI side. Maybe it wasn't handled the best, although maybe given that he's back that wasn't as much the case as it seemed. Either way he's actually a Pats player now which is an important distinction, and on a decently long contract to boot. Rogers is a relatively safe pair of hands but Anang is a different level, pleasantly surprised to see him return.
    Ah yeah, my Jaros comment was pie in the sky wishful thinking. I know Jaros is well out of our league now. As you say, Anang is an upgrade on Danny Rogers, so it’s good news. Hopefully this means Pitiluga is off back to Liverpool. Can’t see him having a hope in hell of making the grade there.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe heading to Galway….,
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.