Page 64 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2342

Thread: 2024 Season, Arrivals and Departures

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    208 Posts
    Conor McCarthy has stated that Kerry have concluded their transfer dealings for the winter - should be more solid defensively again than the second half of last season, but looking very light up top, unless Okwute, Kelliher and Kennedy all chip in with double digits in the league, which seems unlikely.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    It took four games but there's finally some trialists in the Bohs team for the friendly against Celtic B today. A goalkeeper and defender by the looks of it.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Could be untrue but I've seen a figure of 80k mentioned by people for Turner, if any side pays that or anything approaching it for a player in this league I'd say it's safe to say they'll be a starter.

Can't imagine Pats signed Keeley with the idea of him being a back-up though, could see us using a back 3/5 quite a bit this season if this ended up happening.
    80k figure not even close to being accurate btw

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    370 Posts
    Tommy Lonergan’s moving to Fleetwood for 60k according to Dan McDonnell.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Tommy Lonergan’s moving to Fleetwood for 60k according to Dan McDonnell.
    If he ends up going to Waterford on loan it's a joke .

Anyway gutted to see him go thought he could have been one to shine this season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    If he ends up going to Waterford on loan it's a joke .

Anyway gutted to see him go thought he could have been one to shine this season

I think there is real potential in Lonergan going off his spell at UCD but Cian Kavanagh I don't see, he was a sub at Waterford & a sub at Derry, he has never shown anything.

Feels risky from Pats but I suppose 60k to spend elsewhere for the trade off

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    659 Posts
    If Fleetwood are getting Lonergan on the back of a 60k release clause and loaning him back to Waterford then any irish club with release clauses better start putting in "any English club except Fleetwood"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RealJohn91 View Post
    It took four games but there's finally some trialists in the Bohs team for the friendly against Celtic B today. A goalkeeper and defender by the looks of it.
    Anyone know who the trialists are?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Disappointed with Lonergan going as despite him underwhelming last season I still have high hopes for him, and if nothing else he'd be a handy back-up option to have. A lot of the talk around him even from a few years ago was that he's always been set on a move to the UK though so it's not surprising that clause exists nor that he's willing to take the risk of presumably being shipped straight back over to Waterford.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Senan Mullen of Dundalk is apparently set to sign for Torino's Primavera (u19) side
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Senan Mullen of Dundalk is apparently set to sign for Torino's Primavera (u19) side
    Seemingly Dundalk will be entitled to a development fee per one local journo (not Gerry M), but I have no idea how much.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If Fleetwood are getting Lonergan on the back of a 60k release clause and loaning him back to Waterford then any irish club with release clauses better start putting in "any English club except Fleetwood"
    I'm really surprised LOI clubs have not had these clauses proofed against UK clubs loaning sold players back to rival LOI clubs say within a timeframe of 2 years, why would you sell an important player to the UK and your LOI rivals benefit with getting the same player on a loan. I don't think a clause like that would deter UK clubs signing LOI players, I actually think it would do these players prospects better by being loaned to other UK clubs instead of being dumped back to the LOI on loan in no time

Rovers have also been beneficiaries of loans back with the Johnny Kenny and Darragh Burns loans so Pats clearly would want to proof their contracts as this is not the first time
    Last edited by total hoofball; 31/01/2024 at 5:58 PM.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts
    Alec Byrne rejoins Treaty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    659 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I'm really surprised LOI clubs have not had these clauses proofed against UK clubs loaning sold players back to rival LOI clubs say within a timeframe of 2 years, why would you sell an important player to the UK and your LOI rivals benefit with getting the same player on a loan. I don't think a clause like that would deter UK clubs signing LOI players, I actually think it would do these players prospects better by being loaned to other UK clubs instead of being dumped back to the LOI on loan in no time

Rovers have also been beneficiaries of loans back with the Johnny Kenny and Darragh Burns loans so Pats clearly would want to proof their contracts as this is not the first time
    I don't think yhe rovers situations with kenny a d burns are comparable. Rovers are paying loan fees for players who's clubs didn't want them and rovers have no connection to those clubs. Fleetwood who own waterford are simply allowing waterford to get lonergan on the cheap (if he ends up at waterford)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Pat’s apparently turned down a higher bid (75k) from Waterford than the 60k they may get from Fleetwood. Apparently his release clause only applied to clubs outside the league. Local Waterford journalist has reported if a loan was to happen it likely wouldn’t be until at least the summer window.

Didn’t a Drogs player move to their partner club in England and instantly signed back on loan?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I don't think there is anything especially sinister Fleetwood signing him only to loan him to Waterford. He is one of the more promising young forwards in the league & they can get him relatively cheap but at the same time he needs more game time so for his long term development he is better being at a club where he gets games.

I always felt they Promise Omochere went over too soon & would have been better suited to a deal like this

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Lonergan to Waterford is a weird one considering Long really finds it hard to get a tune out of a striker who isn't a physical presence. That was the case at Bohs at least, every smaller striker he brought in never amounted to much.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Kelly View Post
    I always felt they Promise Omochere went over too soon & would have been better suited to a deal like this
    To be fair he made 34 appearances in his first season there, scoring 7. It wasn’t like he was left to rot on the bench
    Last edited by 2 Year Contract; 31/01/2024 at 8:29 PM.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    210 Posts
    John Fallon from the Examiner tweeting that Naj Razi is joining Serie B club Como
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    To be fair he made 34 appearances in his first season there, scoring 7. It wasn’t like he was left to rot on the bench
    Also made 17 appearances so far this season w/ 3 goals. Looks like he's being played as a winger again as opposed to a striker, hope for his sake he gets some more games as a striker as I believe that was his best position.

Just on whether he went too soon, he was raw but has all the physical traits to succeed in the lower leagues in England (tall, strong, quick w/ ball at his feet). He probably could have refined his craft here but there's no guarantee he gets that move if he stays and he had had injury issues when younger so probably thought it's a bet worth taking.