Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Palace boss backs Premier-class Clint

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Palace boss backs Premier-class Clint

Crystal Palace manager Iain Dowie is adamant that he has brought in a Premiership-class player in striker Clinton Morrison, who agreed a £2m return to his former club from Birmingham City this week.

Morrison left Palace three years ago, but returns to the south London club having failed to command a regular place at St Andrews.

His record at Selhurst Park before his departure was exemplary, and Dowie feels he has improved as a player during his time away.

Dowie said: “Clinton has been bought not only for this division, but for a higher division as well. I think if we had signed him last season, we might have stayed in the Premiership.

“He has a great hunger for the game and when I spoke to him he was eager to come back.

"He wants to prove to people what he’s capable of and he’s certainly improved as a player.

“Along with Andrew Johnson, Jon Macken, Dougie Freedman and Wayne Andrews we have a set of strikers who can put fear into defences."

Morrison is expected to make his debut against Stoke City at Selhurst Park today (Saturday).

http://www.elevenaside.com/acrossthe...p?newsid=18868

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Good news for Ireland? If he has improved that is.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Is that today ? How did he get on ?

Well Im at least glad that Clint has a manager who belives in him. He is a confidence player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot..._1/4168510.stm
    Crystal Palace 2-0 Stoke
    Crystal Palace's determination to keep England striker Andrew Johnson was rewarded with a double strike.

Johnson scored his first after 44 minutes, firing into the bottom corner after he was played in by strike partner Jon Macken.

And he struck late on when he played a one-two with new boy Clinton Morrison, on as a substitute after his £2m move from Birmingham, to fire home.

Gabor Kiraly has earlier kept Palace ahead with a save from Dave Brammer.

# Crystal Palace striker Andrew Johnson:
    "I'm delighted to have got the two goals, but I thought it was a good all-round team performance from the lads.

"No disrespect to Stoke, but I thought we could've scored five or six. But we'll settle for two.

"Jon Macken was involved for the first goal and then Clinton set me up for my second, so it was definitely a good day for the strikers."

# Stoke manager Johan Boskamp: "I'm disappointed with the result, but the performance wasn't too bad.

"It was easy to see the main difference between the two sides was the number eight.

"If you took Andrew Johnson out of their side, we could have played for five days and no-one would have scored.

"If you have a player like that who can make the difference, it's very good for their team and unlucky for my team."

Crystal Palace: Kiraly, Boyce, Ward, Fitz Hall, Borrowdale, Soares, Leigertwood, Watson (Hughes 71), McAnuff (Riihilahti 75), Macken (Morrison 75), Johnson.
    Subs Not Used: Andrews, Speroni.

Goals: Johnson 44, 85.

Stoke: Simonsen, Buxton, Duberry, Hoefkens, Broomes, Chadwick (Wilkinson 86), Brammer, Henry, Kolar (Harper 45), Junior (Dyer 78), Sidibe.
    Subs Not Used: de Goey, Taggart.

Booked: Broomes.

Att: 17,637

Ref: M Atkinson (W Yorkshire).

Crystal Palace: Kiraly, Boyce, Ward, Fitz Hall, Borrowdale, Soares, Leigertwood, Watson (Hughes 71), McAnuff (Riihilahti 75), Macken (Morrison 75), Johnson.
    Subs Not Used: Andrews, Speroni.

Goals: Johnson 44, 85.

Stoke: Simonsen, Buxton, Duberry, Hoefkens, Broomes, Chadwick (Wilkinson 86), Brammer, Henry, Kolar (Harper 45), Junior (Dyer 78), Sidibe.
    Subs Not Used: de Goey, Taggart.

Booked: Broomes.

Att: 17,637

Ref: M Atkinson (W Yorkshire)
    Morrison got 15 minutes in the end, no goals from him but you wouldnt expect too much in 15 minutes.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    Palace should compete for promotion but it does concern me that we don't have strikers getting regular playing time.

Is Elliot even getting his game at Sunderland?
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Robbie is still on the bench... he is expected to leave Spurs according to the irish independent.

Elliott got a full 90 minutes against wigan

[SIZE=5]there is only 10 days left for our 3 strikers to get match fit[/SIZE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie's Son
    Is Elliot even getting his game at Sunderland?
    Not sure how often he's playing but he started his 50th league game for them yesterday
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He didn't get one bid from any premiership club so these mangers obviously don't think hes 'Premier-class'....

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    Robbie is still on the bench... he is expected to leave Spurs according to the irish independent.
    Tottenham linked to yet another striker. If this guy signs, Keane needs to get himself a new club by Wednesday.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,681 Posts
    Elliott has played the full 90 in 3 of sunderland's 4 games, and played about 15 mins in the other I think (from memory). I'm not sure he's playing as an outright striker. He appears to be out on the right quite a bit - almost like a corner forward. I noticed this on MOTD last night and on R5Live during the week they complimented him on the accuracy of his crossing against man City. Maybe he's just going to where he can get on the ball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    he is expected to leave Spurs according to the irish independent.
    hehe, will you ever stop taking these journalists words as bible? All they said was they think Keane would be better off out of Spurs.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    Elliott has played the full 90 in 3 of sunderland's 4 games, and played about 15 mins in the other I think (from memory). I'm not sure he's playing as an outright striker. He appears to be out on the right quite a bit - almost like a corner forward. I noticed this on MOTD last night and on R5Live during the week they complimented him on the accuracy of his crossing against man City. Maybe he's just going to where he can get on the ball.
    no hes out right mid at the moment .. we playing with one striker in most games and have either stead or gray as the lone man ... its not working at the moment as results have shown and hopefully mick will move sleeves up front soon enough .... we playing well just not getting the luck at the moment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    hehe, will you ever stop taking these journalists words as bible? All they said was they think Keane would be better off out of Spurs.
    I already have Eirebhoy. I was just posting a rumor.