Page 105 of 111 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2204

Thread: Next Senior Men's Team Manager - Runners and Riders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR89 View Post
    Said this before that the FAI should hire Netflix to come in and do a mockumentary. Harchester United wouldn't get a look in with the FAI.

Rather than have all these people battle it out to be manager we could just keep the job as interim only and invite people in to manage the team.
    just a few images that spring to mind

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    559 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosby87 View Post
    Why not a reality show?
    Winner to managed Ireland!

Gordon Ramsey and the like can give tasks and challenges, and each week one person is eliminated.

The final show is the final 3. At the end, Stutts gives one lucky fella a rose.
    Donald Trump to choose the Ireland Manager ~ ~ Step forward Stormy Daniels ! !

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Are they seriously going to let the week run out without even making a statement clarifying what happened since their previous statement? These lads are taking the Irish sporting public for fools and getting well paid for doing it.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    There's a board meeting tomorrow isn't there ?
    We'll have something following that if so surely.

Edit : now rumoured to have been cancelled [ YBIG poster ]
    Last edited by CraftyToePoke; 16/04/2024 at 9:53 PM.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts
    I read the irish times piece. Says Hill is already gone. He’s officially here till the 30th but he’s already on annual leave which takes him to then. Says appointment delayed but board meeting where Canham updates the board will happen. Then there’s this great quote:

“The most interesting sight at the Aviva on Tuesday evening was a mock riot between fake hooligans and the Garda Public Order Unit, down the north end of the stadium, where English fans will be put when they visit on September 7th.”

How on earth do you get a job as a fake hooligan? I think I really really would have liked to have been part of it

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts
    All bull**** aside, I’d say they get O’Shea to manage in June and see who gets sacked after the euros and if there’s anyone decent who fits their criteria.

Maybe they’re hoping for Marco Rossi or someone to walk / be fired

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts
    Thinking through this a bit more. I’m sure there’s plenty out of contract but the issue is, anyone who does a bad job at the euros is undesirable. Anyone who does a great job is probably unaffordable.

Does anyone want to do analysis on the 24 managers at the euros? Contract situations? Job they’ve done so far? Presumed affordability? How well does it fit?

I’ll try find the time if no one else is up for it

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    848 Posts
    If it goes to the end of the season I want Robbie. I know the Israeli thing is sh1t, but our own Government are still doing business with them so football man doing job doesn't bother me too much. Couple of good results and everyone moves on. Roy was regarded as a traitor to his own country and most reasonable people moved on pretty quickly. Robbie will hopefully win league title there and might be getable then
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    O'Shea is destroying his own credibility by staying involved in this. So blatantly obvious that nobody wants him but he's willing to wait around just in case things fall his way. But even if they do he'll be hugely damaged now from the outset. He should go and continue to learn his trade and stop looking for an easy short cut to the top job.

11. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elatedscum View Post
    All bull**** aside, I’d say they get O’Shea to manage in June and see who gets sacked after the euros and if there’s anyone decent who fits their criteria.

Maybe they’re hoping for Marco Rossi or someone to walk / be fired
    Hopefully they are not going after the racist

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    431 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    If it goes to the end of the season I want Robbie. I know the Israeli thing is sh1t, but our own Government are still doing business with them so football man doing job doesn't bother me too much. Couple of good results and everyone moves on. Roy was regarded as a traitor to his own country and most reasonable people moved on pretty quickly. Robbie will hopefully win league title there and might be getable then
    Robbie Keane would be a big PR disaster if they hired him straight from Israel so they won't touch him.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Thinking through this a bit more. I’m sure there’s plenty out of contract but the issue is, anyone who does a bad job at the euros is undesirable. Anyone who does a great job is probably unaffordable.

Does anyone want to do analysis on the 24 managers at the euros? Contract situations? Job they’ve done so far? Presumed affordability? How well does it fit?

There are a lot of coaches out there who are either unemployed or coming to the end of their contract - there is a limited number of vacancies and a lot more people looking for them. The FAI should cast a wide net.

As for the Euro managers - I did have a look

Sylvinho is out of contract with Albania after the Euros

So is Ralf Rangnick with Austria

And Domenico Tedesco with Belgium

And Edward Iordanescu with Romania

And Matjaž Kek with Slovenia

And Murat Yakin with Switzerland

From this list - the only one who would interest me is Sylvinho
    Last edited by Jolly Red Giant; 17/04/2024 at 10:27 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Razors left peg View Post
    Along with being an a*sehole - he has shown nothing that would indicate he is a good coach (he did nothing at Middlesbrough - he screwed the FAI for a lot of money - and managing the big fish in a small pond really doesn't add much).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    O'Shea is destroying his own credibility by staying involved in this. So blatantly obvious that nobody wants him but he's willing to wait around just in case things fall his way. But even if they do he'll be hugely damaged now from the outset. He should go and continue to learn his trade and stop looking for an easy short cut to the top job.
    I agree - and I always thought O'Shea was a smart guy - unfortunately he is not showing it so far in his coaching choices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Chris Hughton would be a great manager for Ireland and, given the current field of candidates, he is now arguably the best available option. Do it.
    End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!

18. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    Like so many others, the question is whether Hughton could be bothered with it for the salary involved.

20. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler View Post
    Unnecessary sledges among a smattering of assumptions. What has O'Shea done to deserve such comments, such condemnation, such vitriol? In the wake of three dire Kenny years when, lest we forget, Ireland failed to score in seven early consecutive games, O'Shea is being hammered from pillar to post for two stand-in games, one of which (Belgium) was generally assessed as promising.

I don't think JOS will get the job. Yes, his managerial inexperience is a legitimate minus and there are preferred candidates - if they're available or willing to make themselves available.

So he puts his hand up and you've blasted that as hanging around like a bad smell.

He's done nothing other than show loyalty, ambition and a modicum of optimism. How does that "badly damage" his name? It doesn't, in fact it enhances it whatever the outcome.
    Anois teacht an Earraigh / Beidh an lá dúl chun shíneadh,
    Is tar eis na féil Bríde / Ardóigh mé mo sheol.

22. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    752 Posts
    It's not intended as vitriol, just an assessment of the situation. O'Shea isn't qualified to do this job, he has been part of a number of unsuccessful coaching setups over the last few years, in addition to showing nothing of note in his games as interim manager.

If he ends up in the job he will be seen now as the appointment of last resort, there's no other way of looking at it. That will weaken his position from day one. Yet he seems happy to sit tight and hope the FAI fail spectacularly enough that he ends up getting the gig.

He should walk away now and earn the appointment in future through actually achieving some coaching success of note.

24. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

All leagues will be over in May, so that managerial merry-go-round will also be in full flow. There will be lots of candidates looking for a new job.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weldoninhio View Post
    All leagues will be over in May, so that managerial merry-go-round will also be in full flow. There will be lots of candidates looking for a new job.
    Rotherham are looking for a coach; maybe JOSH thinks he is above league one standard (as they've just been relegated from the championship). There is some recent precedence in ex-Utd players with minimal to no managerial experience (Rooney, Carrick spring to mind though I can't remember if Derby were L1 or champ when rooney took over) being given championship jobs but I'd say it's relatively uncommon and tends to be the preserve of ex England internationals.

Which is a roundabout way of illustrating the level I would consider JOSH to be at in this stage of his career.

edit: Rotherham have re-appointed ex-manager Steve Evans today but the broader point stands.
    Last edited by zero; 17/04/2024 at 1:13 PM.