Thread: Treaty in for Treat

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Name change likely for 2025.

Seen piece on virgin news about this. Best of luck in this change.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I've been a club member for the last 3 seasons but have found it increasingly hard to get behind Treaty, lets be honest they're going nowhere and the Markets Field is starting to drift towards a ****hole stadium that offers Limerick soccer nothing. Down here Treaty is still referred to as Limerick by a lot of causal soccer fans so a revert back to Limerick something is vital imo and hopefully the MF might be taken over by the council so it can be developed. There's so much potential down here it just needs a bit of joined up thinking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Is MF a longterm leasehold or what is the ownership model. In the past it seemed to just be a burden to those on the LEDP(?) so maybe depending on the type of lease it could be transferred to the council to make SPG grant applications as it would be highly unlikely that they would do SDCC and see the potential of a smaller sized municipal stadium to compliment the Gaelic Grounds and Thomond.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 18/10/2023 at 3:25 AM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by topfan View Post
    I've been a club member for the last 3 seasons but have found it increasingly hard to get behind Treaty, lets be honest they're going nowhere and the Markets Field is starting to drift towards a ****hole stadium that offers Limerick soccer nothing. Down here Treaty is still referred to as Limerick by a lot of causal soccer fans so a revert back to Limerick something is vital imo and hopefully the MF might be taken over by the council so it can be developed. There's so much potential down here it just needs a bit of joined up thinking.
    That's a fair assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Is MF a longterm leasehold or what is the ownership model. In the past it seemed to just be a burden to those on the LEDP(?) so maybe depending on the type of lease it could be transferred to the council to make SPG grant applications as it would be highly unlikely that they would do SDCC and see the potential of a smaller sized municipal stadium to compliment the Gaelic Grounds and Thomond.
    I think it's a year to year thing.
    The LEDP do not care, the best time they ever had was probably in 2020 when they just had to water and cut a pitch and have no sport on it.
    The stadium manager speaks vocally online about his love for the ground but some of the basic things that aren't done is crazy considering there's people in there daily.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    LEDP manage th ground, developments et al but do they own it or if not who?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    They own it. It was handed to them by JP. Pretty sure of the clubs that are renting stadia, Treaty are behind Rovers in terms of rent price and ahead of everyone else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Interesting tidbit from LOI Central I heard today that investors seem to contact the FAI first in regards to investing in clubs and are steered in whatever direction the FAI considers best,not sure if that’s how the Treaty investment came about but still an interesting part of the new investment that’s currently entering the league….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Interesting tidbit from LOI Central I heard today that investors seem to contact the FAI first in regards to investing in clubs and are steered in whatever direction the FAI considers best,not sure if that’s how the Treaty investment came about but still an interesting part of the new investment that’s currently entering the league….
    I wouldn't be surprised by that FAI effectively providing preliminary guidance to prospective investors before official approaches are made almost like selling franchises. I don't know exactly the ins and outs of how Shels/Iilicali came about earlier in the season along with known interest in Pats/Dundalk I believe Iilicali's team were on the ground researching the Irish market for a number of months before the initial Dundalk reports emerged in February

Maybe the FAI will be touting the likes of Dundalk, Harps who could do with investment or have new stadiums on the way?
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Ciara McCormack said on BTS this week she initially wanted to set up a women's team in West Cork (family connections) but FAI told her they've moved away from setting up teams, it's all about clubs now (underage, mens, womens etc) and pointed her towards a few clubs who might welcome some help, one of them was Treaty.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by total hoofball View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised by that FAI effectively providing preliminary guidance to prospective investors before official approaches are made almost like selling franchises. I don't know exactly the ins and outs of how Shels/Iilicali came about earlier in the season along with known interest in Pats/Dundalk I believe Iilicali's team were on the ground researching the Irish market for a number of months before the initial Dundalk reports emerged in February

Maybe the FAI will be touting the likes of Dundalk, Harps who could do with investment or have new stadiums on the way?
    You can see people being intersted in a club in a fast-growing city/town like Limerick/Dundalk, but Harps is a bit of a stretch realistically.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Thread needs more lfc fans opinion.
    Always respected LTID opinions here, you about sir??

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,002 Posts
    Bit of a strange one - the word 'investment' always makes me shiver in LOI terms, as, with the possible exception of Dundalk over their Euro spells, has there ever been an investor in with a shout of clawing back their investment?

The boom-bust cycle is obvious, so I wonder what the end goal for these investors is.

Still, as long as it's only their own money they are pouring into the black hole that is an LOI club, lets see where it goes.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    The boom-bust cycle is obvious, so I wonder what the end goal for these investors is.

Still, as long as it's only their own money they are pouring into the black hole that is an LOI club, lets see where it goes.
    Wonder this too. Listening to interviews from both clubs, and no-one really admitted what they're ultimately in it for, even though we all know it's profit.
    The investors will know that, whatever their talk about sustainability and the like, there is no real need to make any sort of sustainable investment, improve the stadium, etc.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    You'd have to assume it's a tilt at Europe within a few seasons? That's the only way I can realistically see these kinds of entities making a profit off clubs like Treaty.

I'm happy enough as things stand with this group. Treaty have existed in a kind of limbo since they started, just about good enough for the last play-off place (or being close to it this season) but with pretty much everyone admitting they haven't a hope of going any farther. Only investment in players and some facilities will change that. It could all end in tears, but then again that's a standard state of affairs for loads of LOI clubs season-to-season. I'd be interested in seeing how Barrett does with some kind of budget, it feels like he's been in that job (if you include his time with Limerick FC) a very long time.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    You'd have to assume it's a tilt at Europe within a few seasons? That's the only way I can realistically see these kinds of entities making a profit off clubs like Treaty.

I'm happy enough as things stand with this group. Treaty have existed in a kind of limbo since they started, just about good enough for the last play-off place (or being close to it this season) but with pretty much everyone admitting they haven't a hope of going any farther. Only investment in players and some facilities will change that. It could all end in tears, but then again that's a standard state of affairs for loads of LOI clubs season-to-season. I'd be interested in seeing how Barrett does with some kind of budget, it feels like he's been in that job (if you include his time with Limerick FC) a very long time.
    Had a fulltime budget with Limerick Fc afaik and that didnt end well and of course was everbodys fault but his own.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hahaha budgie you really have it in for Barrett that's right he did and as well documented lost all the full time players half way through the season as they were not being paid and still finished above Bray . Club went into liquidation the following season and was a basket case as you well know

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    How different will it be this time going full-time for Limerick? The season they came up and played in Thomand Park had plenty of investment(money) behind them and yet there was little return to show for all that spending. By the way did Limerick play in Thomand Park for 2 years? I went down for a couple games during that time and its a very nice ground, maybe it could be used for the playoff if Waterford qualify.
    p.s. having been at the game in Belfield yesterday, I should also point out that Cork can still catch Sligo.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    586 Posts
    Yeah, 2013 and 2014, then back to Jackman for a bit, then onto the Market's Field. Interesting times. They got their highest league placing during that time, 6th (of 12), but that was all. Guess it depends on how money is spent.

I doubt they'd allow Thomond to be used for a one-off football game of that level.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,359 Posts
    Safe to say the Thomond experiment didn't work either, with an average attendance of 1,649 in 2013, and 757 in 2014. Peaked at 3,758 for their opening Thomond Park game, but dropped like a stone fairly quickly and only got above 1,000 twice in 2014.

Always looked very poor in a 25k capacity ground too.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I see the Kerry CEO has been on the Between the Stripes podcast to be released tomorrow morning saying that they’re going part-time next year with full-time being the goal down the road. With Kerry and Treaty going part-time I’m pretty sure that means there’d be no amateur sides in the division? Good to see if so
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast