Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Friday 20th Fixtures

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Of course the Cobh changes helped significantly, but two draws to end the season, and finish on 10 points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Pats still in the title race anyway! A result for Drogheda on Sunday and a Pats win on Monday would set up a great game next Friday....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Actually an entertaining enough second half, all things considered, in the Brandywell.
    Shels had the ball in the net at one stage, but Moylan did handle the ball before putting it in. One of those new rules, his hand was up against his body, nothing he could do about it, but can't be given. Don't really like that rule myself.

There were two instances in the second half of challenges worse than Diallo's. One got a yellow, one nothing. Just a bit of consistency would be nice.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    An enjoyable nights work A win against Sligo on Monday would secure Europe for pats. Whatever about his technical ability, Mark Doyle has a great habit of scoring important goals
    Paaatrick's Agletic

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    That was a pathetic performance from Shels with that man advantage looks like we have blown that European chance unless Bohs pull off one hell of a choke. We only showed a little bit of urgency for about 10 minutes at the hour mark before seeing out the game passing the ball sideways, backwards, passing the ball to Derry players, more sideways, more backwards
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    An enjoyable nights work A win against Sligo on Monday would secure Europe for pats. Whatever about his technical ability, Mark Doyle has a great habit of scoring important goals
    Some of my fellow Pats fans just won’t give Mark Doyle a break. A crucial first goal in each of the last three games, all well taken, has had a huge impact on how our season looks now.

That was a very enjoyable game in Dalymount despite horrendous conditions. I thought it was a very controlled performance by ourselves, happy to soak up Bohs pressure but much more clinical than them when we attacked. Pretty much a mirror image of the previous two games against Cork. Joe Redmond brilliant in defence, David Norman unrecognisable now he’s properly fit, Dean Lyness made the big saves when he had to, Sam Curtis played like the superstar he’s going to be…. I could go through the whole team, everyone delivered.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Actually an entertaining enough second half, all things considered, in the Brandywell.
    Shels had the ball in the net at one stage, but Moylan did handle the ball before putting it in. One of those new rules, his hand was up against his body, nothing he could do about it, but can't be given. Don't really like that rule myself.

There were two instances in the second half of challenges worse than Diallo's. One got a yellow, one nothing. Just a bit of consistency would be nice.
    The Moylan goal was joke I still couldn't see the 'handball' on the replays

Diallo's was one of those intermediate ones between a yellow and red you've seen them given either way, he was definitely a bit unlucky no malice or anything it was careless. John Martin on the other hand done one on Brian McManus in our last game against Dundalk with a worse scummy challenge and he got a yellow and McManus gets a injury just after returning from injury. The inconsistency is a farce
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    We conceded more goals this season than our last 3 seasons in the First Division combined,absolutely rank rotten!!!!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    876 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    We conceded more goals this season than our last 3 seasons in the First Division combined,absolutely rank rotten!!!!
    & yet we lost twice to you somehow and I am looking at that three points short of the play offs final table with investment coming in and blaming the Harps results mostly.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Tell me more about Robbie Burton plz
    Such a passionate guy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Some of my fellow Pats fans just won’t give Mark Doyle a break. A crucial first goal in each of the last three games, all well taken, has had a huge impact on how our season looks now.

That was a very enjoyable game in Dalymount despite horrendous conditions. I thought it was a very controlled performance by ourselves, happy to soak up Bohs pressure but much more clinical than them when we attacked. Pretty much a mirror image of the previous two games against Cork. Joe Redmond brilliant in defence, David Norman unrecognisable now he’s properly fit, Dean Lyness made the big saves when he had to, Sam Curtis played like the superstar he’s going to be…. I could go through the whole team, everyone delivered.
    Good point on Harvey Norman, I worried when seeing him in the starting 11 the last few games but to his credit he’s been solid in them all. Redmond had Afolabi in his pocket all night again, same as the 0-0 in Richmond, helped that night by McGrath beside him and Norman last night
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    I think Norman got a bit of a rough deal when he first signed. He's a left footed centre back that got thrown in at the deep-end mid-season, often playing on the right side and occasionally even at right back. He didn't play well but I think many would have struggled to, and now he's more up to speed, playing on his more comfortable side and possibly most importantly with Redmond next to him we're seeing more of what he can offer.

Doyle is a weird one, he's a pretty limited so just looks a but messy over the course of the game and doesn't give you the consistency to keep possession ticking over like most of the "top" wingers in the league, but he finds a way to be effective. Genuinely think his instincts, positioning etc are up there with the best in the league, so as much as he'll have people pulling their hair out for the majority of a game it feels like he's always liable to get a big chance.

Big win last night anyway, was worried about the run-in we had but kicking it off with those three points eases the nerves a lot. We don't always put the most convincing performances in under Daly but we do have a knack for managing games well and pulling results out of the bag. He deserves a lot of credit for the job he's done thus far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    I think Norman got a bit of a rough deal when he first signed. He's a left footed centre back that got thrown in at the deep-end mid-season, often playing on the right side and occasionally even at right back. He didn't play well but I think many would have struggled to, and now he's more up to speed, playing on his more comfortable side and possibly most importantly with Redmond next to him we're seeing more of what he can offer.

Doyle is a weird one, he's a pretty limited so just looks a but messy over the course of the game and doesn't give you the consistency to keep possession ticking over like most of the "top" wingers in the league, but he finds a way to be effective. Genuinely think his instincts, positioning etc are up there with the best in the league, so as much as he'll have people pulling their hair out for the majority of a game it feels like he's always liable to get a big chance.

Big win last night anyway, was worried about the run-in we had but kicking it off with those three points eases the nerves a lot. We don't always put the most convincing performances in under Daly but we do have a knack for managing games well and pulling results out of the bag. He deserves a lot of credit for the job he's done thus far.
    He has done well. He has us well drilled and makes the right moves tactically. It’s not the prettiest football but the ends justify the means in such a competitive league.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Keith Buckley another to miss the cup final, did a bit of damage in that big tackle with pats last night. Big big loss to us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Kerry are delighted to finish on double digits and left it late to secure the point required. Humble beginnings.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    Kerry are delighted to finish on double digits and left it late to secure the point required. Humble beginnings.
    Lacked a bit of guile and experience but I thought they were definitely worth more than ten points. After the first round of fixtures they became much harder to beat but had a soft underbelly after conceding so many late goals. Was at 3 of our fixtures and there was very little between the two teams

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    Lacked a bit of guile and experience but I thought they were definitely worth more than ten points. After the first round of fixtures they became much harder to beat but had a soft underbelly after conceding so many late goals. Was at 3 of our fixtures and there was very little between the two teams
    Kerry definitely left a lot of points behind them. Conceded a lot of soft equalisers and winners by their opponents. The beginning of August was Kerry's moment to build positive momentum but it slipped away. 2-0 up at home against Cobh and drew 2-2. Three days later 2-0 up away to Wexford and lost 3-2. Kerry should have picked up at least 20 points. At least they have a clear picture of what needs to be put right defensively.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Keith Buckley another to miss the cup final, did a bit of damage in that big tackle with pats last night. Big big loss to us.
    Saw on Facebook that he’s done his ACL ? Hopefully not for his sake.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    UCD v Cork feels like a First Division game in all but name

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post

What's the general feeling about Higgins on foyleside BE? Looking like a season without a trophy and I think its fair to say clubs / fans not getting a return from the massive weekly budget, has to be 40k+

I personally think he could be in trouble next season if a title challenge is not launched early days, granted only 3 points behind as things stand but 2 more games played and Rovers will prob add to that gap tonight. I'd put Higgins in the 'coach more a manager' category (fwiw i'd prob have Vinny Perth in same bracket).

Just wondering what the local thoughts are on this season, as one FAI Cup is just ok in my book for a return over 2 seasons given the resources.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast