The funniest post i've seen in ages...
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm a lot more neutral than you can imagine. I like to see the full-time clubs do well domestically and in Europe -for the good of the game.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    "Boez" have signed Keegan from Bray.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shelsman, I agree with what your saying but Eric Lavine is 31, so hardly the sort of player suited to a full time position considering he has family in Galway. I also think Stephen Kenny would hve other LT players on his mind, namely Paul McNally or Stuart Byrne. As for all the other players I'd agree but it would take nice money to take McHugh from Harps. Alan Murphy and Stephen McGuinness are the most viable of those options.

As for Boez European options, I'd say Stephen McGuinness will be at Dundalk for their European games at least.

The Keegan signing is quite strange for two reasons. Paul Keegan is quite a talent but he is injury prone and for that type of player full-time soccer may not be the way to go. I also think he is quite similar to Crowe. He is also quite a wage earner.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Xlex
    How about who $h€l$ should sign...
    The funniest post i've seen in ages...
    Let me put it this way -Shels have such a good squad already that there is no real need for them to sign a load of new players.

It would also be a waste of talent for one of the better Eircom League players to go to Shels and end up warming the bench when he could be entertaining fans from another club elsewhere.

Having that said, it's also a waste of talent for a player of the quality of Ollie Cahill to be holding up a club all on his own - it's only proper that he plays alongside players of the same quality.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Shelsman, I agree with what your saying but Eric Lavine is 31, so hardly the sort of player suited to a full time position considering he has family in Galway.
    It's hardly such a big move to Dublin!
    As for Boez European options, I'd say Stephen McGuinness will be at Dundalk for their European games at least.
    Hopefully, I'd like to see Dundalk progress at least one round even though I was up for Bohs in the Cup Final because I knew they'd do a better job in Europe and I'd like to see them stay Full-Time.
    The Keegan signing is quite strange for two reasons. Paul Keegan is quite a talent but he is injury prone and for that type of player full-time soccer may not be the way to go. I also think he is quite similar to Crowe. He is also quite a wage earner.
    Keegan is in his thirties too as far as I know -so much for the age argument against Lavine! Besides which you can also argue that if a player is good enough, he's young enough.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Shelsman
    Let me put it this way -Shels have such a good squad already that there is no real need for them to sign a load of new players.

It would also be a waste of talent for one of the better Eircom League players to go to Shels and end up warming the bench when he could be entertaining fans from another club elsewhere.

Having that said, it's also a waste of talent for a player of the quality of Ollie Cahill to be holding up a club all on his own - it's only proper that he plays alongside players of the same quality.
    Even when Shels fans are trying to be pleasant they still sound SO arrogant! Christ ye lot annoy me. If Shels have such a good squad already, why did Pats win more points than ye, with a supposedly inexperienced squad?

Football is a squad game, if you want a truly good team, you need quality on the bench, one of city's biggest failings this year, and I don't think shels are over-endowed in that respect either.

I'm not even gonna reply to the last bit.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face

Just to drag this totally off topic.

Ollie Byrnes arrogance seems to filter down to $hel$ fans & this i think is the main reason for the rest of the league hating them.

I think this has taken stream since shels v rosenborg & lugo slovothingie. The attendances at toilka that year were boosted by several thousand other eL fans yet Keely & Ollie more or less denied it. $hel$ performance v Brondby & fans attempts at a fight were a disgrace to the league & probably more or less killed off any small goodwill towards shels left

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna

Football is a squad game, if you want a truly good team, you need quality on the bench, one of city's biggest failings this year, and I don't think shels are over-endowed in that respect either.
    City's biggest failing !?! How about having some quality in the team first never mind the bench !!!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don't you think it's rather crap the way Brondby is pronounced Bronbu ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Keegan is in his thirties too as far as I know -so much for the age argument against Lavine! Besides which you can also argue that if a player is good enough, he's young enough.
    I'm not argueing nor am I sure of what i'm saying but here it goes... I think Keegan is 29. He has a full two seasons the better of Lavine. The point I made about Lavine is that he has family and he is not with the mother of his kids, He sees them quite a bit and is based in Galway. A part-time set-up in the west/ Midlands/ two nights in Celbridge suits the man.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Don't you think it's rather crap the way Brondby is pronounced Bronbu ?
    Not so much crap as.................DANISH! Personally I think it's crap the way Geoghegan is pronounced GAYGEN.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    City's biggest failing !?! How about having some quality in the team first never mind the bench !!!
    Yet Shels tried to sign Morley from us while he was on the bench this season. Enough said...............

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Keegan

The latest is that Keegan got hopped after the Bray end of season awards party the other night. Obviously this is just an unsolicited rumour, but if it is true, its the last thing we need.
    Personally, I dont think its any coincidence that molloy has been up front with Crowe the two seasons he has been top scorer in the league. Bohs fans are saying Molloy will be no great loss but we will only see for sure when the new season starts, presumably without him.
    I dont think Keegan will compliment Crowe, and if he was signed as a squad player, then I hope he is not taking up too much of the wage bill, cos its not bottomless!
    We need one more striker either way, with reports of Gary O Neill on the way out the door.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna

Not so much crap as.................DANISH! Personally I think it's crap the way Geoghegan is pronounced GAYGEN.
    Yes, this is strange allright.