Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Games Weekend of Friday 22nd of Sep to Mon 25th

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    I'm off to do a bit of research on the record low average points total per game in the leagues history to see if there has been one as bad as this one. I guess there has to be.
    In recent history, 2010 appears to be the last time that the champions averaged less than two points per game:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_L...emier_Division

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Yeah I'd got that far back and nothing as far back as 2006.
    I'd say that 2010 season the standard was better then this year but I suppose that's subjective.
    36 games 67 points that year. Rovers on 59 with 5 games left. Wouldn't bet on us beating 67 points but as derry pats are unlikely to get to 62 or 63 it probably doesn't matter.
    I'll celebrate winning the league if we do it but unless we freshen things up for next season it won't be 5 in a row. Someone has to step up you'd imagine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Having gone 20 years winning feck all in the past I'm happy to win the league any way we can

4. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack B View Post
    Absolutely bizarre game. Freak goal and a wonder goal for Drogs and from what I could tell one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen. Only decision I've managed to watch back was him booking Forrester for diving rather than giving a penalty which has been backed up as one of the more scandalous decisions I've seen.
    Here’s the free out that was awarded, an absolute joke of a decision from the round man with the whistle

https://x.com/anacourseceltic/status...775543747?s=46
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Here’s the free out that was awarded, an absolute joke of a decision from the round man with the whistle

A scandalous decision. Cracking strike to win the game in fairness (Daragh Markey has really come back to haunt us this year, great assist from him too) The ref did us big time tonight though. Would like to see the red cards again too.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    A scandalous decision. Cracking strike to win the game in fairness (Daragh Markey has really come back to haunt us this year, great assist from him too) The ref did us big time tonight though. Would like to see the red cards again too.
    Agreed, a goal worthy of goal of the season in any league, Rooney looks a very good player this season. I haven’t seen the reds back yet but both of Mulraney's cards looked soft and for the Curtis one myself and everyone around me was calling for a pats free kick, it was more of a 50/50 but a straight red card seemed totally uncalled for from where I was on initial viewing.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    If the First division play offs weren’t sorted already they definitely are after tonight,fair play to Wexford for churning out the results late in the season,haven’t impressed me any time I’ve seen them but have got the results when it mattered…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Having gone 20 years winning feck all in the past I'm happy to win the league any way we can
    Too right!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts
    Decent win or actually a win (at last) for Dundalk last night, yet this is still not a good side, could have conceded two goals easy such was the usual lack of concentration at the back, but a welcome win all the same.

Results did go our away above the table, but I still think we have left it too late to finish 4th, the gap is only 4 points though and no games in hand, 5 to go and we have Shels (a) and Bohs (h), but realistically we would need to be winning 4 of the last 5 and I do not see that happening.

Cork City look tired and disinterested, Keating is a superb talent but that said they looked depressingly like a team that had already accepted their fate and made little or no effort apart from 2 chances.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Decent win or actually a win (at last) for Dundalk last night, yet this is still not a good side, could have conceded two goals easy such was the usual lack of concentration at the back, but a welcome win all the same.

Results did go our away above the table, but I still think we have left it too late to finish 4th, the gap is only 4 points though and no games in hand, 5 to go and we have Shels (a) and Bohs (h), but realistically we would need to be winning 4 of the last 5 and I do not see that happening.

Cork City look tired and disinterested, Keating is a superb talent but that said they looked depressingly like a team that had already accepted their fate and made little or no effort apart from 2 chances.
    Fair play for not being blinded by the scoreline. A better team would have exploited that Dundalk back four, all over the shop at times but Cork no where near good enough to exploit it. Louth derby will be interesting.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Still simmering about that match in Dalymount last night.
    Several Shels players went down as if they'd been shot in the head whenever they were under pressure.
    I haven't seen time wasting as bad as that in 20 + years (and when you've looked at Ger Doherty that's saying something).
    Ref has to stop it, so they lay as if dead, only to rejoin the action after a sideline visit.
    Dreadful, cynical side. Not much of a spark last night without Moylan.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Keating is a superb talent but that said they looked depressingly like a team that had already accepted their fate and made little or no effort apart from 2 chances.
    I genuinely couldn’t believe it when he signed a new long term contract with Cork at the start of July. He’d have every team in the country queuing up to sign him if he didn’t sign that contract. With all due respect it’d be quite the waste if he’s still playing for Cork next season
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Sam Curtis appeal against red card turned down and he gets 2 game ban. The system is a joke. AFAIK not one change all season. Clubs need to call the fai on this **** at seasons end. Zero point in current ststem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    390 Posts
    Lafferty was given a 6 game ban and the kind folks reduced it to 4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Ah Jaysus, I always take these absolute defo peno shouts with a pinch of salt but as an ex referee I can honestly say Pats were feckin robbed there

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Ah Jaysus, I always take these absolute defo peno shouts with a pinch of salt but as an ex referee I can honestly say Pats were feckin robbed there
    Yep, we were. Very annoying too that Sam Curtis gets a two match ban. Honestly don’t think it was a red. Both players went in high. The least they could have done was leave it at a one game ban. I’ve seen conflicting stories on whether it applies to the cup semi or not. Anyone know for sure ? Doesn’t really seem to be a reason why it wouldn’t.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Yep, we were. Very annoying too that Sam Curtis gets a two match ban. Honestly don’t think it was a red. Both players went in high. The least they could have done was leave it at a one game ban. I’ve seen conflicting stories on whether it applies to the cup semi or not. Anyone know for sure ? Doesn’t really seem to be a reason why it wouldn’t.
    According to Irish Sun today, SC would miss Cork FAI cup game TonyD.
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Pat’s fans don’t seem too keen on Jon Daly, he had a good run at the start and somehow are potentially in contention for the double despite having played badly for the last 6 weeks or so.
    Performances of late haven’t been great but you can’t really knock the results too much, which at this stage of the season is the most important thing. I don’t think I’ve seen a single fan say they want him out or anything like that if that’s what you’re suggesting. Just saw a tweet highlighting the league table since he got the job, Pats are top. Baring in mind that although he was Clancy's assistant, he wouldn’t have had final say on a lot of the squad signings so we’ll see what he does personnel wise in the off season, having Redmond and Grivosti unavailable for most of the season this year hasn’t helped things so fingers crossed the bad luck on the injury front will remain in 2023

https://x.com/cunneen92/status/1709501466619109666?s=46
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345