Are you the real John Delaney CJ
    Nope…. He’s just a poor imitation of me

2. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by placid casual View Post
    Game last night was a slog,and UCD defended well,but that's all they did. Rovers lost focus in exploiting the weakness in the students and the paint by numbers approach of our football was rendered pointless by the 10 UCD players in the box. Burt hasnt been a success and Burkey insistence on playing head down football made us about as dangerous as a rubber knife.
    Still derry conspired to lose a game they had to win so it's a case of never look a gift horse in the mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Just had a look there and we were on a run of 16 successive defeats against Rovers.

Don't know is there a worse record elsewhere in the league?
    UCD's draw on Friday officially confirmed relegation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Comfortable win for Treaty against 10 man Athlone.

Poor crowd owing to the game being a dead rubber, but all of a sudden it seems we might have a chance...
    Wexford v Longford is an interesting playoff 6 pointer. Wexford can extend the gap to 10 or Longford can cut the gap to 4, with only 4 rounds remaining afterwards. Those final 4 rounds mightn't have much to play for.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    UCD's draw on Friday officially confirmed relegation?

Wexford v Longford is an interesting playoff 6 pointer. Wexford can extend the gap to 10 or Longford can cut the gap to 4, with only 4 rounds remaining afterwards. Those final 4 rounds mightn't have much to play for.
    Even if we win, 4 points with 4 games remaining is still a decent cushion for Wexford. Longford gave up so much ground at the start and it's going to cost them. Friday was absolutely atrocious as was Kerry (and that's without all the off field stuff). It appears our season is fizzling out and anything bar a win tomorrow will confirm that. I'm more interested now in how much of the squad we can keep for next year and hopefully Hendo being backed to strengthen it early this time around. If he can do that there's no reason we can't be top 3 next season. This season was always going to be tough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Just had a look there and we were on a run of 16 successive defeats against Rovers.

Don't know is there a worse record elsewhere in the league?
    Yes. Yes there is.

We have lost 23 times in a row to them.

To be ended next season.

Re: Bradley, I wasn’t saying Rovers fans want him sacked but that if he did leave (of his own will) that from fans I’ve been speaking to at matches they wouldn’t be too concerned that things would be freshened up and a new manager comes in for the required rebuild.

And to bring the thread back to Galway United - I would say a majority of United fans, myself included, wanted Caulfield gone after last year’s playoff.
    Some was down to the style of play but for me his recruitment last year was terrible. He brought in players who he quickly fell out with, then brought in and played players who weren’t good enough and also experimented with a 3-5-2 formation that was an utter disaster, which he stuck with for far too long.
    But for Conor Kearns having an absolute disaster in the playoff we may have beaten Waterford that night and ended up promoted but I think we’re far better prepared now for the Premier Division.
    We’re a much better team than Cork from last season and they didn’t really add much at all to their squad but I feel we’ll be looking to add 5 or 6 players.
    Maybe 6th is ambitious but I’d rather aim for 6th and miss out by 2 spots than aim for 8th and miss out by 1!

We could potentially finish ahead of Cork/Playoff Winner, Sligo, Drogs & Dundalk and any other team who has an off season.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post

Re: Bradley, I wasn’t saying Rovers fans want him sacked but that if he did leave (of his own will) that from fans I’ve been speaking to at matches they wouldn’t be too concerned that things would be freshened up and a new manager comes in for the required rebuild.

And to bring the thread back to Galway United - I would say a majority of United fans, myself included, wanted Caulfield gone after last year’s playoff.
    Some was down to the style of play but for me his recruitment last year was terrible.
    Guessing that's a fair enough assessment of where a lot of Rovers fans would sit at the moment but by the same token I only know about 2 of them

Caulfield kind of makes that rod for his own back. When his teams aren't effective it's fairly turgid. Essentially patience wears thing with a poor Caulfield side quicker than it does with others. Or maybe it's just something to hang your coat on when you're fed up with sub par results and performances and fans have little patience for either. He's a fairly combative character and opposition love getting one over Caulfield's teams. If Bohs beat Galway in the semi's you'll hear Caulfield's name being bellowed in chants and general conversation in... let's say a "gleeful" manner. If we lose the Caulfield factor will similarly ache and we don't even really have that big a history with him bar one cup semi where he just happened to be managing Cork.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Expecting a tough game tonight , Drogs are well set up. We have McGrath back at CB so should be spared a heart attack from starting Norman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Bohs/Shels is a huge game tonight,Shels could go 2 points behind second with a win,should be a good atmosphere at that one…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    If Shels win tonight they will travel to Tallaght on Friday knowing a win puts them 4 points behind Rovers.
    I simply cant see how Shels are where they are on the basis of what ive seen of them in the 3 matches we played against them this year.
    The standard of the league this year is awful (and thats from someone who still hopes we win it) rather than someone down the firld throwing Darts at the team winning.
    Even with that said Shels must have something about them that we havent seen this year in matches against Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    If Shels win tonight they will travel to Tallaght on Friday knowing a win puts them 4 points behind Rovers.
    I simply cant see how Shels are where they are on the basis of what ive seen of them in the 3 matches we played against them this year.
    The standard of the league this year is awful (and thats from someone who still hopes we win it) rather than someone down the firld throwing Darts at the team winning.
    Even with that said Shels must have something about them that we havent seen this year in matches against Rovers
    Dreadful standard overall imo. We shouldn’t be anywhere near a title race but still in the mix at the business end of the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Shels have really impressed me this season. Think they're excellently coached but have just lacked in individual quality and were too reliant on Moylan. Not surprised that with Wood and Jarvis being successes they've gone on even more of a run and capitalised on how ropey the more established sides have been.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Daly had made three changes tonight. I’m ok with Leavy starting but Norman and Mark Doyle should get the stress levels up a few notches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Cork clearly accepted their play off fate….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Nobody wants to take the title off Rovers.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Watched the last 30 mins of the drogs-pats game. its an absolute scandal the level of officiating in this League of Ireland. It's criminally poor. They literally look like the kind of refs you see on the replays of The Big Match from the 1970's on cable tv- overweight, part timers who don't belong in a professional league.
    Cracking winner by Drogs all the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Watched the last 30 mins of the drogs-pats game. its an absolute scandal the level of officiating in this League of Ireland. It's criminally poor. They literally look like the kind of refs you see on the replays of The Big Match from the 1970's on cable tv- overweight, part timers who don't belong in a professional league.
    He was utterly incompetent, probably the worst I've seen. We were poor but it was shocking refereeing. Drogs winner is unbelievably good, needs to be seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Nobody wants to take the title off Rovers.
    I'm off to do a bit of research on the record low average points total per game in the leagues history to see if there has been one as bad as this one. I guess there has to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Absolutely bizarre game. Freak goal and a wonder goal for Drogs and from what I could tell one of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen. Only decision I've managed to watch back was him booking Forrester for diving rather than giving a penalty which has been backed up as one of the more scandalous decisions I've seen.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    In a two minute spell in injury time he gave Forrester a yellow for being fouled (in the box) and Curtis a red for being fouled. Crystal clear on the replays. With multiple cameras covering all incidents these days you’d like to think the officials would have some accountability as in England but we know that won’t happen. Pats will surely appeal the Curtis red but the system will close ranks as always.

The fact that we didn’t take three points from a game we dominated is down to our own mistakes but the penalty howler cost us an almost certain point which could yet be the difference between getting Europe or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Fantastic goal.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Fantastic goal.

The Pat’s midfield made it hard for Markey?*??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast