Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend of Friday 22nd of Sep to Mon 25th

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Wasn't sure about our penalty shout last night, they didn't show a decent replay, but Brush being refreshingly honest that it was.
    https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-...a-penalty.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    It’s funny to look at the League and the reaction to managers

Rovers fans all realise they’ve been way off previous standards this season and the whole thing needs to be refreshed so I don’t think too many would be sad to see Bradley leave.

Derry fans also seem to think they could be doing better with a different manager.

Pat’s fans don’t seem too keen on Jon Daly, he had a good run at the start and somehow are potentially in contention for the double despite having played badly for the last 6 weeks or so.

Bohs fans, if they lose the cup semi, will be wondering where it all went wrong from the start of the season and some will answer that it’s the manager.

Dundalk. If O’Donnell wasn’t a club legend he’d 100% be gone.

Sligo - they clearly want Russell gone, though last night’s win should be enough to calm things down and see him to next season.

Cork - well they probably wish they actually had a manager to call for to be sacked.

UCD - yes I’ve even seen UCD fans complain about the 4-minute-Myler!

So that leaves Duffer and Kevin Doherty as the only two managers in the Prem who the fans are happy with!

Thanks for all the well wishes to us too. I think someone did make the point that it’s ended up being such a procession there wasn’t really a “moment” last night. I guess the late equaliser in Waterford about a month ago we knew it was done then but having the cup for the moments had made this extra special.

I definitely think we can be competitive next season and hopefully we can aim to finish 6th to establish ourselves before progressing even further.

In all my 30+ years following the club it feels like the most potential ever.

But as with everything in LoI things can fall apart in the blink of an eye.
    We have been awful recently. The second half was the best that we have performed in months. Since the Derry home game the only time we have played well was the 7-0 V UCD. I'm encouraged by Lonegran potentially hitting form at the crucial part of the season. I like Carty as he works hard but his finishing is poor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Pat’s fans don’t seem too keen on Jon Daly, he had a good run at the start and somehow are potentially in contention for the double despite having played badly for the last 6 weeks or so.
    I don’t know that that’s the case. I don’t sense any great dissatisfaction with Jon Daly. I think he’s done well. Yeah, we’ve been off the boil a bit lately, but have been generally getting results. Shels away being the exception, but we’d possibly have seen that out with 11 on the pitch. Second half last night was much better, as has been said. (Someone needs to tell SOD that games last 90 minutes, not 45 ) We won’t win the league, but I think we’ll get top 3, and with the Cup, who knows ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brendy_éire View Post
    Wasn't sure about our penalty shout last night, they didn't show a decent replay, but Brush being refreshingly honest that it was.
    https://www.derrynow.com/news/derry-...a-penalty.html
    Defo a peno, but we had an equally blatant one disallowed at the BW last time, goal was HB too if SR's delay in celebrating is anything to go by.
    *Haven't seen a replay of either.
    *Ye were cat all the same.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Comfortable win for Treaty against 10 man Athlone.

Poor crowd owing to the game being a dead rubber, but all of a sudden it seems we might have a chance...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts

Rovers fans all realise they’ve been way off previous standards this season and the whole thing needs to be refreshed so I don’t think too many would be sad to see Bradley leave.

Derry fans also seem to think they could be doing better with a different manager.

Bohs fans, if they lose the cup semi, will be wondering where it all went wrong from the start of the season and some will answer that it’s the manager.

Dundalk. If O’Donnell wasn’t a club legend he’d 100% be gone.

Sligo - they clearly want Russell gone, though last night’s win should be enough to calm things down and see him to next season.

Cork - well they probably wish they actually had a manager to call for to be sacked.

UCD - yes I’ve even seen UCD fans complain about the 4-minute-Myler!

So that leaves Duffer and Kevin Doherty as the only two managers in the Prem who the fans are happy with!

Thanks for all the well wishes to us too. I think someone did make the point that it’s ended up being such a procession there wasn’t really a “moment” last night. I guess the late equaliser in Waterford about a month ago we knew it was done then but having the cup for the moments had made this extra special.

I definitely think we can be competitive next season and hopefully we can aim to finish 6th to establish ourselves before progressing even further.

In all my 30+ years following the club it feels like the most potential ever.

But as with everything in LoI things can fall apart in the blink of an eye.
    Not sure about that in our case JC. Bradley still has plenty of support at Rovers. Nobody thought going for 4 in a row would be easy. There's definitely some who wouldn't mind a fresh approach but you'd only have to go to Tallaght for a game to see how much support Bradley has from the majority.

I'd be surprised if the majority at bohs weren't happy for now but I do think they'll finish behind Shels so we will see how that goes. If they get 4th it would have to be seen as a good season. 5th...probably ok.

For me Sligo are the only team massively underperforming and I'm surprised Russel is still there but I don't know if he is well like or not.

Go on and win the cup and congrats on promotion. It's good to have Galway back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Not sure about that in our case JC. Bradley still has plenty of support at Rovers. Nobody thought going for 4 in a row would be easy. There's definitely some who wouldn't mind a fresh approach but you'd only have to go to Tallaght for a game to see how much support Bradley has from the majority.

I'd be surprised if the majority at bohs weren't happy for now but I do think they'll finish behind Shels so we will see how that goes. If they get 4th it would have to be seen as a good season. 5th...probably ok.

For me Sligo are the only team massively underperforming and I'm surprised Russel is still there but I don't know if he is well like or not.

Re Bradley I’d be the first to moan/criticise many of our performances this season …. However hopefully he’s about to deliver a 4-in-a - row ; plus where he’s taken us from and how he and his ‘team’ have also developed the academy as well ( their vision supported by a board that were bereft of ideas.

So I think he has huge support and any fans or board members looking to replace him would be fools to put it mildly…. The big question is will he want to stay ( yes methinks) but only if he can agree with the board the next steps and also that the board can financially commit

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts
    Game last night was a slog,and UCD defended well,but that's all they did. Rovers lost focus in exploiting the weakness in the students and the paint by numbers approach of our football was rendered pointless by the 10 UCD players in the box. Burt hasnt been a success and Burkey insistence on playing head down football made us about as dangerous as a rubber knife.
    Still derry conspired to lose a game they had to win so it's a case of never look a gift horse in the mouth.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,267 Posts
    Just had a look there and we were on a run of 16 successive defeats against Rovers.

Don't know is there a worse record elsewhere in the league?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Re Bradley I’d be the first to moan/criticise many of our performances this season …. However hopefully he’s about to deliver a 4-in-a - row ; plus where he’s taken us from and how he and his ‘team’ have also developed the academy as well ( their vision supported by a board that were bereft of ideas.

So I think he has huge support and any fans or board members looking to replace him would be fools to put it mildly…. The big question is will he want to stay ( yes methinks) but only if he can agree with the board the next steps and also that the board can financially commit
    The club are set to lose something like 2m this year was said at the members meeting recently I think that is backing your manager. I want bradley to stay but the board deserve credit for the backing they have given him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I think the only Rovers fans that want Bradley gone are Runners in to be honest, rovers always had a solid 1500 - 2500 core of supporters that show up even when we are S***e, great to have the buzz of extra attendances but who in the name of god would get rid of a manager that has won the cup and three leagues in the last 4 seasons (hopefully 4 in a row) he has brought us from a team who were very predictable and average to where we are today, I think there have only been 3 previous managers to win 3 leagues in a row, so his achievement has to be acknowledged, and you have to remember he didn't want the job in the first place, he was happy coaching the underage teams, so a lot of credit has to go to the likes of himself, Pajo Flynn, Duffer, Stephen Rice Graham Gartland, and several ex players who have made the academy a success, I'd say if Bradley isn't with Rovers next season it will be his decision and nobody else's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    No chance of him getting sacked even if we don't win the league. The crowds have doubled in the last 3 years so the newbies think we win the league easily every year.
    I am.worried at the losses though 2m this year and unless we refresh the team I can't see this group winning next season ....is that another 2m? Or more or maybe less , either way its a worry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    For most of the hardcore of fans, the league is always 'bread and butter' and all that will ever matter. But nowadays since the financial reward for doing well is so great, how much money can SRFC afford to lose out on due to his inability to get decent results in Europe?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    On a match thread where Galway get promoted after 6 years in the wilderness a Galway fan decides that the thing he wants to talk about is Rovers in Europe.

We are gargantuan. Thank you Steve.

And congrats. Looking forward to seeing how you do next season.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    Waterford got a confidence boost with a good 3 0 away win against a team that we had drawn with 3 times already this season. Ronan Coughlan back and scored after being out injured the last month. Bastian Hery sent off again for Longford.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trevy View Post
    Waterford got a confidence boost with a good 3 0 away win against a team that we had drawn with 3 times already this season. Ronan Coughlan back and scored after being out injured the last month. Bastian Hery sent off again for Longford.
    Coughlan's goal was an og but for a man out for so long he looked very lively. Blues will need him if they are to get through the play offs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    No chance of him getting sacked even if we don't win the league. The crowds have doubled in the last 3 years so the newbies think we win the league easily every year.
    I am.worried at the losses though 2m this year and unless we refresh the team I can't see this group winning next season ....is that another 2m? Or more or maybe less , either way its a worry
    Was that a €2m loss for 2022 even with all the European money?

Said to death but transfers and tv/streaming revenue really needs to increase in the league. Too much reliance on match day revenue and European prize money, if you are one of the lucky 4 to qualify.

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post

I think Russell is too well liked, he is part of the DNA of the club and would be a big tear to sack him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Personally I don’t think this is the appropriate forum to be mentioning €2m losses for this year…. Reason being is that it is a ‘headline’ figure that gives a distorted view of our overall real financial position ( which I don’t intend explaining here ).

Bottom line literally is the Board set the budget and targets and Bradley and his back room team plays a big part in achieving the targets ( he’s exceeded the targets set out on a rolling 3 year basis) . Internal controls of the budgets and spending rest don’t with him and any failure there is the responsibility of the Board.

So hopefully he decides to stay but that will depend hugely as to whether the Board are willing and or able to back his recently submitted plans - methinks they will

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    Personally I don’t think this is the appropriate forum to be mentioning €2m losses for this year…. Reason being is that it is a ‘headline’ figure that gives a distorted view of our overall real financial position ( which I don’t intend explaining here ).

Bottom line literally is the Board set the budget and targets and Bradley and his back room team plays a big part in achieving the targets ( he’s exceeded the targets set out on a rolling 3 year basis) . Internal controls of the budgets and spending rest don’t with him and any failure there is the responsibility of the Board.

So hopefully he decides to stay but that will depend hugely as to whether the Board are willing and or able to back his recently submitted plans - methinks they will
    Are you the real John Delaney CJ

22. Thanks From:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast