Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 67 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2267

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Actually I've just seen a quote from Strachan saying Naka did very well. I always seem to agree with Strachan's assessment of Naka when 95% of people seem to disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thankfully some people thought he did alright.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/...in_chances.php

NAKAMURA Repaid manager's faith in starting him with his best-ever performance at Ibrox.
    Granted he hasn't been great at Ibrox overall but I watched 8 Old Firm games back to back recently and he has had a couple of good games there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thought Naka did reasonably well. Certainly a lot better than his other visits to Ibrox where he has undoubtedly been anonymous.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Look it, I realise Naka is the most technically sound player we have. Like you mentioned, the ball sticks to his feet, he doesn't pass directly to the opposition (Naylor, Caldwell, Donati, Brown, Aiden on occasion etc) and if games were won playing neat little triangles out on the touchline 40 yards from goal we'd have a right hero on our hands. But games aren't won on completed passes and miles run up and down a touchline.

Look at the ease with which the hun scored their goal. Must have taken all of 5 seconds from Ferguson releasing the ball to back of the net. We don't play that way and the slow predictable ponderous build up we tend to favour features Naka heavily. But how often does it actually end up in something positive? Eventually Naka himself, or Aiden or Naylor just pumps in a cross as the elaborate build-up has yielded nought and the opposition has had all day to get 10 men in their own half their box organised!

You posted a video a while back of Naka controlling a phase of play at Old Trafford. It was grand and you could see Naka was the fulcrum of the whole situation. However that was a good example of how we try and play (it's normally broken down quicker than that) and yet very little came of it as far as I remember. United were not a bit bothered with us doing that.

Look it i'm not having a go a Naka exclusively. It's more that we never look like scoring. Naka's main job would be to create/score goals. It's the rigid system we play. Do you get to watch the home matches in Ireland on Polsat or one of those? I've been sat there for so many games this season thinking where is the goal coming from? Everyone around me is the same. In some games if we don't score in the first half you just KNOW the second won't be pretty. It was the same at Ibrox. I was looking up at the clock 60 minutes gone. I just knew there wasn't a hope in hell of us scoring. And bar one 30 yard drive from the german full back we didn't even come close. Pathetic.
    The dude abides....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry celtic bluffers

[QUOTE=Bottle of Tonic;909151]Right lads what do ye make of it all now?

"With the right management the huns should have been buried for another couple of seasons. Now we're handing them a treble with a cherry on top."

its clowns like you who make football unbearable sometimes.. the huns!!! that would be rangers would it??? i presume thats a reference to protestants?? if im not wrong celtic have many huns playing in their team, sorry i mean protestants.. and also many other religions too, you ignoramous...
    personally, i think it would be no shame or loss at all to football if celtic park burned to the ground in the morning - no reflection on any of the players or management at the club - but the supporters are some the most galling and ignorant shower on the planet..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    [QUOTE=cartman;911435]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle of Tonic View Post
    Right lads what do ye make of it all now?

"With the right management the huns should have been buried for another couple of seasons. Now we're handing them a treble with a cherry on top."

its clowns like you who make football unbearable sometimes.. the huns!!! that would be rangers would it??? i presume thats a reference to protestants?? if im not wrong celtic have many huns playing in their team, sorry i mean protestants.. and also many other religions too, you ignoramous...
    personally, i think it would be no shame or loss at all to football if celtic park burned to the ground in the morning - no reflection on any of the players or management at the club - but the supporters are some the most galling and ignorant shower on the planet..

Brave man posting that here. Could well mean a ban, ar post deletion at least

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    [quote=cartman;911435]

of course we are:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ic/7318430.stm

As for your religious reference above, I have done and always will refer to the rangers team as bottle of tonic does, nothing to do with what religion the player is its just what im used to, and afaik huns relates more to a barbaric race who lived in asia/eastern europe around the 4th/5th century and nothing to do with protestants. there's plenty info on the net about what a hun is!
    Havin a weekend away is quite frankly,lettin ur team mates down!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

good one

[QUOTE=EAFC_rdfl;911610]
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post
    of course we are:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ic/7318430.stm

As for your religious reference above, I have done and always will refer to the rangers team as bottle of tonic does, nothing to do with what religion the player is its just what im used to, and afaik huns relates more to a barbaric race who lived in asia/eastern europe around the 4th/5th century and nothing to do with protestants. there's plenty info on the net about what a hun is!
    i know what a hun is.. celtic supporters put there own spin on it - it is said with vile and anger and it is meant as a religious taunt to rangers supporters... when you speak of rangers as huns - are you making reference between a race of people from hundreds of years ago and a modern football club?? i dont think so

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

good what???

[quote=cartman;911632]
    Quote Originally Posted by EAFC_rdfl View Post

i know what a hun is.. celtic supporters put there own spin on it - it is said with vile and anger and it is meant as a religious taunt to rangers supporters... when you speak of rangers as huns - are you making reference between a race of people from hundreds of years ago and a modern football club?? i dont think so
    you don't think so, oh well thats that then. in your earlier post where you wanted parkhead burned to the ground, you made a clear difference between the club/team and its supporters, I tried to do the same in my reply, i.e. that i referred to the team as 'the huns', not the rangers fans as you imply I do.
    you seem to have your mind made up already but its the team i hate and this is football based, they are the only real threat/opposition to celtic so why wouldnt i hate them! Im sure rangers fans only ever refer to celtic as celtic!! of course they do! it goes both ways and I don't see any probs in a bit of rivallry or what ever you want to call it
    and the comparison is not drawn from hundreds of years ago, its based on the allies referring to the germans during WWI as 'the huns', rangers are celtics enemy, therefore I shall continue to call them 'the huns'

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    "you seem to have your mind made up already but its the team i hate and this is football based, they are the only real threat/opposition to celtic so why wouldnt i hate them! Im sure rangers fans only ever refer to celtic as celtic!! of course they do! it goes both ways and I don't see any probs in a bit of rivallry or what ever you want to call it
    and the comparison is not drawn from hundreds of years ago, its based on the allies referring to the germans during WWI as 'the huns', rangers are celtics enemy, therefore I shall continue to call them 'the huns"[/QUOTE]

can i ask why you hate rangers?? purely footballing reasons?? why is that the level of antagonism between celtic and rangers supporters is way higher than between other rival supporters... it borders on vitriolic.. its purely football based though of course
    oh and by the way - did you actually put up in an earlier post a bbc piece where celtic fans were accused of sectarian chanting as a response to my comments on celtic supporters!!!! they are a laughable shower
    Last edited by cartman; 02/04/2008 at 12:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    yes i actually put up that link which clears them of the accusation and which also praises their good behaviour. i actually put it up in response to you're very objective quote: '...the most galling and ignorant shower on the planet...'
    it is a unique hatred alright, you wouldn't see it between teams in any of the other major european cities Rome, Istanbul, Milan, Manchester, even Dublin! Its part of football. my parents lived their lives in glasgow, this is where my love for Celtic comes from.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    [QUOTE=cartman;911435]

Christ lad it's just the unofficial nickname for the team and their supporters. You think many celtic fans give a damn about religion?! Get over that malarky, I genuinely don't think anyone gives a toss about it.

And by the way, every team in scotland refers to rangers as the huns.
    The dude abides....

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down shambles

[QUOTE=Bottle of Tonic;912220]
    Quote Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Christ lad it's just the unofficial nickname for the team and their supporters. You think many celtic fans give a damn about religion?! Get over that malarky, I genuinely don't think anyone gives a toss about it.

And by the way, every team in scotland refers to rangers as the huns.
    i lived in scotland for a couple years not long ago... and i guarantee you every other team doesnt call rangers or their supporters the "huns"... celtic supporters would want to get their heads out of their ar*es, with all your bigotry bullcr*p.. galling shower of muppets

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    [QUOTE=cartman;912234]

i lived in scotland for a couple years not long ago... and i guarantee you every other team doesnt call rangers or their supporters the "huns"... celtic supporters would want to get their heads out of their ar*es, with all your bigotry bullcr*p.. galling shower of muppets
    you lived in scotland did you and never heard another team refer to rangers as the huns? did you walk around with your fingers in your ears or were you well buried under that rock of yours? hun is not sectarian as you would like to suggest. in the context of celtic fans towards rangers it is a term meaning enemy, derived from the second world war when the brittish referred to the germans as "huns" and in fact it was rangers fans who referred to celtic fans first as huns. Hibenian, Motherwell and Abeerdeen are only 3 other teams i know that refer to them as the huns. your ability to try and apply a commonly used phrase and try and make out that it is sectarian is the exact kind of en-educated crap that leads people to believe celtic fans are as bad as the scumbags the other side of the city!!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Its easy lads.....

Football rivalry the world over = Great footballing rivalry that makes the game what it is.
    Football rivalry between Celtic & Rangers = Religious Sectarianism & Bigotry

Unfortunately thats how it is simplistically perceived by the likes of cartman and his ilk.

Now I couldnt care less if this thread is locked and binned but if you carry on with this line of discussion thats where its going, Id imagine.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE=cartman;912234]

I can't say I've heard EVERY team calling them that as I don't know fans of every SPL club but I have heard fans of Hibs, Hearts, Morton, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd definately calling them that so I'd imagine it's a term that's fairly widespread. Who cares anyway
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Thought this would be the best place for my question. does anyone know of supporters busses going from ireland to glasgow for the rankgers game in two weeks? got tickets for the game but travel is proving to be tougher. great win today scoring all five goals today, hope we can get as many against the dark side wedensday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    celticv3, take a look at the Green Brigade message board. I'm sure if you posted your query up there they will point you in the right direction. There's alot of Ireland-based Celts fans on there whoshould help you.
    Yer hame team is yer ain team!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    posted it up there already so just crossin me fingers can get help, thought the tickets would be harder

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    What a goal!!!!!!

Shunsuke Nakamura take a bow. Just when we thought the league was over the Man from Japan steps forward.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Page 67 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast