Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    You can't be serious Eirebhoy?? I'm not sure if you're taking the p!ss because you're normally on the ball. They are not "helping him" out because he has no income, he earned £1m a year at Celtic for the last 2 seasons. He obviously had that negotiated in his last contract or negotiated a consultancy deal when he left.

Southampton and Coventry wouldn't have helped out Strachan either just for the sake of it, more likely that they continued to pay the remainder of his contract instead of paying him off in one lump sum.
    Strachan:

"Martin is more than happy to get in touch with me any time he wants.

"But that's a deal - if it's true - which was set up between the directors and Martin and that's fine.

"As a matter of fact, up until a couple of months ago, I was still getting looked after by Coventry and, after I left Southampton, I got looked after by them for a year and that's what happens.

"I wasn't helping Harry Redknapp and I definitely wasn't helping Gary McAllister or the rest of the boys at Coventry.

"That's the way it happens sometimes when your contract is up and there are some things you have to tidy up and Celtic have tidied that up with Martin.

"So that's not a problem and I'm sure Martin wouldn't want to step on my toes in any way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Hearts Shock.. Burley Gone!!

George Burley has parted company with SPL leaders Heart Of Midlothian. It is thought an uneasy relationship between major shareholder Vladimir Romonov and Burley was the reason behind his departure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...an/4367202.stm
    This is shocking lads. Where do hearts go from here?
    Last edited by KR's Post; 22/10/2005 at 12:28 PM.
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan1
    George Burley has parted company with SPL leaders Heart Of Midlothian. It is thought an uneasy relationship between major shareholder Vladimir Romonov and Burley was the reason behind his departure.

This is shocking lads. Where do hearts go from here?

On to win the league

Kingdom of Bohemia, home of the BIG club!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

George Burley Resigns

George Burley is understood to have parted company with SPL leaders Hearts.

The news is sure to send shock waves through Scottish football, which had been revitalised in recent weeks following Hearts' resurgence.

Burley is known to have been frustrated by the hands-on role of owner Vladimir Romanov and, despite Hearts' great start to the Scottish season, their relationship looks to have come to an abrupt end.

The news comes before Hearts' SPL clash with Dunfermline, but the club have confirmed a statement will be made later on Saturday evening.

Is that the sound of a bubble bursting I hear? There's only 1 team in Edinburgh
    And on the Seventh Day, God created Kevin Hunt.

Kevin Hunt - Probably the Greatest Bohemian ever !

Living Legend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    2nd club in a row Burley left the club in mysterious circumstances
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tarzan1
    Where do hearts go from here?

Hopefully downhill

Burley for Ireland?

Living Legend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Rumour mill has it that he's gonna replace the Ginger Judas at Ibrox

Living Legend!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Stand
    Burley for Ireland?
    Maybe..... You would never no????
    Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam, Harry and Liam.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    hearts are fooked now as i feel the only reason they were up that high was cos of him , always struck me as a good manager , he has improved the lot of all the clubs he has been with so i feel that if he was to be considered for the irish job it wouldnt be a bad thing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Hearts winning form continues

Today's results:

Hearts 2-0 Dunfermline

Rangers 2-0 Motherwell.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Burley leaves Hearts

Frm BBC Website
    Manager George Burley has dramatically parted ways with Premier League leaders Hearts because of "irreconcilable differences" with the Tynecastle board.
    Hearts chairman George Foulkes said it had been "mutually agreed" that Burley would leave with "immediate effect".

Foulkes refused to comment further, citing a confidentiality agreement signed by Burley and the club.

Burley, 49, arrived at Tynecastle in the summer and leaves with Hearts unbeaten and top of the SPL table.

Throughout his short reign, rumours persisted about an uneasy relationship between Burley and major shareholder Vladimir Romanov.

The sensational news comes the day after Romanov announced a bid to take private control of the club.

Hearts coach John McGlynn took control of the first team for Saturday's 2-0 win over Dunfermline.
    And he will remain in charge until a replacement is found.

"It is important that we look to the future," continued Foulkes. "The club is greater than any individual.

"We want to compete with Celtic and Rangers for a Champions League place and we will take the time necessary to find a top class manager.

"Naturally, I'm not happy at having to make this statement but there is no point looking to the past.

"We are determined to go from strength to strength."

Burley resigned his post at Derby County in June claiming his position was "untenable" after falling out with director of football Murdo Mackay.

At the time, Derby chairman John Sleightholme accused him of not making clear "his real reasons" for stepping down.

Burley moved to Tynecastle and set about rebuilding a team with the help of Romanov's considerable personal funding.

Unusually, Romanov himself identified several of Hearts' new faces, although Burley was adamant that he had "total control over selection".

Romanov, who now owns 55.5% of the shareholding at Hearts, arrived at Tynecastle in February.

And John Robertson resigned as manager in May after just seven months in the job.

Robertson, now boss at Ross County, was offered a lesser coaching role by Romanov but chose to step down.
    "Must you tell me all your secrets when it's hard enough to love you knowing nothing."

http://worddok.blogspot.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hopefulyl it'[s all downhill from here for the Hearts
    Shame they didn't go bankrupt a few seasons back
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Captain Unhappy With Burley Loss

Hearts captain Steven Pressley has expressed the bitter disappointment at the departure of manager George Burley.

The former Derby and Ipswich boss has left Tynecastle despite guiding the club to the top of the Bank of Scotland Premier League.

Hearts chairman George Foulkes has cited 'irreconcilable differences' for the exit of Burley but insists the departure was 'mutually agreed'.

Pressley said: 'I was bitterly disappointed because the manager had become a very popular figure in the dressing room.'

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p225.htm
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Robson Interested In Vacant Position

Bobby Robson has indicated he may be interested in the suddenly vacant managerial position at Hearts.

George Burley surprisingly left the Bank of Scotland Premier League leaders yesterday after just 113 days in charge

It has been suggested Burley had differences with club owner Vladimir Romanov but former England and Newcastle boss Robson insists he has no problem with the Lithuanian.

Robson, 72, said in the Mail on Sunday: 'I didn't take the Hearts job before for personal reasons but my circumstances are different now.'

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p225.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liam88
    Hopefulyl it'[s all downhill from here for the Hearts
    Shame they didn't go bankrupt a few seasons back
    Jaysus, most fans want to enter the premiership yet we're afraid of a bit of competition up in Scotland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Feck the pro-$eltic gloating.

Hearts resurgence has been great for Scottish football, which has been virtually flat-lining for the last decade.

Hopefully the Jamobos can still win the league, and turn that Caledonian footballing mnorgue into a properly competitive league for a change....

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Jaysus, most fans want to enter the premiership yet we're afraid of a bit of competition up in Scotland.
    Not about that really....I just hate Hearts as a club ; always have, always will. Good for Scottish football or not I'd be happier without them (treading on dodgy ground if I go any further)
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Let's hope this isn't the beginning of the Jam Tarts demise. They've been superb this season and deserve a manager who, like Burley, can continue to upset the status quo in Scotland. There are hard questions for Romanov to answer over Burleys exit and unless he gets it right next time Hearts fans won't forgive and forget.
    Mens sana in corpore sano

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts

Butcher impressed by classy Bhoys

Motherwell manager Terry Butcher admits he was blown away by the performance of Celtic in Wednesday night’s Scottish Premier League clash at Parkhead.

Celtic coasted to a 5-0 victory courtesy of a hat-trick from Stilian Petrov and goals from Shaun Maloney and Shunsuke Nakamura.

And Well boss Butcher was taken with the display of Gordon Strachan’s side, which was a far cry from the shambolic display in a 4-4 draw on the opening day of the season.

He said: “The balance of their team now is very good. The 4-4 game was a one-off and Gordon said that. They are certainly getting used to each other now.

"This Celtic team are gaining momentum and getting better and better. They’re irresistible and move the ball so well from back to front.

“They’re a phenomenal side and if they keep this momentum going then who knows what they can achieve?"

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/celtic/...p?newsid=19728

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Leaving aside my through dislike for the fans of Hearts I was a bit disappointed to see Burlely go, they gave an execlent performance at Parkhead and unlike what we've witnessed for year after year by most clubs at Parkhead they continued attacking right up to the end. DCFCSteve is right, Scottish football was dying on its ar*e for years but this year with more cometition there has been an air of excitement at Celtic Park, the Hearts game was the first non OF/Big Euro night or title winning game where I have sen such a scarcity of tickets around Parkhead. More teams challengiing can only be good for the SPL in the long run. (unfortunately it looks like it will only be a two horse race yet again - still that one more horse then is in the Greatest League in the universe {copyright Skypsorts and Ingerlish tabloids})
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast