Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 2267

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    He's as easy to wind up as the average football fan. He's a football fan as much as the rest and loves the banter. You should see the pics of him at a Legia match last season.

It's a strange one. If it was a Hibs player you'd be loving him mate, no doubt about it.

We had our own Polish clown, and I didn't like him. So to answer you're question, NO. (but thanks for telling me how I'd feel)

Am quite happy so far with Makalamby anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You don't like Polish people then? Anyway, of course you would. Celtic fans idolise Boruc and have a great laugh with him during games. You're an incredibly biased man I must say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    You don't like Polish people then? Anyway, of course you would. Celtic fans idolise Boruc and have a great laugh with him during games. You're an incredibly biased man I must say.

Your posts puzzle me sometimes I have to say

Why do you think I don't like Polish people?

and why am I incredibaly bias just for slagging a keeper that DID have a complete nightmare of a game?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You're just really biased towards Hibs and it affects your judgement a lot imo.

Of course Boruc had a nightmare. I started this by replying to the "childish arrogant gimp" comment.

As for the Polish comment, could it be more obvious?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    You're just really biased towards Hibs and it affects your judgement a lot imo.

Of course Boruc had a nightmare. I started this by replying to the "childish arrogant gimp" comment.

As for the Polish comment, could it be more obvious?

Firstly, everyone is bias towards the club they support, FACT

Secondly, if someone was to poke fun at John O'Shea and Ian Harte for having very similar nightmare performances. Would you take it that that person is saying they don't like Irish people?? Very strange logic you have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    About time Hibs profited from a goalkeeping error!
    Delighted for Shiels when he scored the winner, almost equally as delighted for that pr!k Caldwell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever View Post
    Secondly, if someone was to poke fun at John O'Shea and Ian Harte for having very similar nightmare performances. Would you take it that that person is saying they don't like Irish people?? Very strange logic you have
    As I said in my previous post, Boruc's performance against Hibs has nothing to do with anything. I'm commenting on your post about his celebration. He's a football fan who likes to interact and have a bit of craic with the crowd.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    I had written a pre match post yesterday writing off Celtic in the CL and writing off Strachans chances to get his team Celtic mk3 going
    I see there is a bit more to the 2 Scotts than was evident in the other CL games.
    Last night was good though Milan were powder puff and only played when they had to and when they did play, the 4 or 5 one touch football was different class.
    Jarosik surprised, wasn't bad at all considering his absence, plenty of mistakes but was willing all night, a Killer Kilbanish type performance.
    Our lad McGeady looked like he was starting where he left off against the Czechs (against the same full back?). But he is more sure of himself in Celtic's team than ours, he is better supported by those around him. Cut inside a bit more, lost the ball a lot less, covered better and coulda scored one.
    Nakamura is more than essential, vision and skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    Last night was good though Milan were powder puff and only played when they had to and when they did play, the 4 or 5 one touch football was different class.
    Jarosik surprised, wasn't bad at all considering his absence, plenty of mistakes but was willing all night, a Killer Kilbanish type performance.
    Our lad McGeady looked like he was starting where he left off against the Czechs (against the same full back?). But he is more sure of himself in Celtic's team than ours, he is better supported by those around him. Cut inside a bit more, lost the ball a lot less, covered better and coulda scored one.
    Nakamura is more than essential, vision and skill.
    an accurate enough description imo.

however i still think that Celtic are seriously weak up front and even though McDonald scored I thought he had a poor enough game. Nailor and Doumbe had decent games troo and I reckon Scott Brown was immense in the first half, well up until he got booked anyway.

Milan can be top drawer when they want to be and it is a pity they are 'ageing' as their skill is only produced when it is needed whereas a younger team would be able to maintain that level for a good proportion of the game.

Overall a good night for Celtic on the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I actually thought McDonald played well. He really did trouble Bonera and Nesta. His first touch is superb, the ball just sticks to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Celtic's reserves beat Rangers today. They might have some useful players worthy of taking the step up to the senior team come the next window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Had the misfortune to watch the Gretna v Celtic game yesterday. Jeez it was grim. The only thing that helped me through it was the few beers that I indulged in.

Nobody can knock Strachans record but this team quite regularly produce absolute dross. That's the main reason why fans are still split 50/50 when it comes to him.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think any fan that wants to see Celtic play good football will be fully behind Strachan. There'll always be a few dodgy performances away from home. I don't know how Gretna did it yesterday. It was like they had 2 or 3 players on whichever Celtic player had the ball. They didn't give them a second. Donati certainly wouldn't be used to that. You're allowed all the time in the world in Italy if you're at least 40 yards away from the goal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    You're allowed all the time in the world in Italy if you're at least 40 yards away from the goal.
    Jaysus, Andy Reid would be a legend out there!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think any fan that wants to see Celtic play good football will be fully behind Strachan. There'll always be a few dodgy performances away from home. I don't know how Gretna did it yesterday. It was like they had 2 or 3 players on whichever Celtic player had the ball. They didn't give them a second. Donati certainly wouldn't be used to that. You're allowed all the time in the world in Italy if you're at least 40 yards away from the goal.
    Any team playing a big side will always be "up for it". That's not the issue and it certainly wasn't a case of Gretna running around like blue arse flies. They worked hard but it was to be expected. The problem was that Celtic were sluggish and went through the motions.

I watched in the local supporters bar and the vast majority there were commenting about how regular this sort of performance was becoming. You'll know more than me eirebhoy when it comes to performances as I hardly see any games anymore but that was the general consensus anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Maybe the fact the ball wasn't round didn't help the players

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ic/7032540.stm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    I watched in the local supporters bar and the vast majority there were commenting about how regular this sort of performance was becoming.
    In the last year they've more often than not played poorly away from home. Most of the time at home though they're a joy to watch. The likes of Naka, Donati, Brown and McGeady get so much more space at home. I don't know the reason. Many Irish fans only get to see the odd home game so I can understand them thinking the football under Strachan isn't great. His first season we played well 70% of the time. Last season it was more like 30-40% of the time. This season is back up there. The last few away performances have been poor but other than that it's been great to watch this season.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 09/10/2007 at 2:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    In the last year they've more often than not played poorly away from home. Most of the time at home though they're a joy to watch. The likes of Naka, Donati, Brown and McGeady get so much more space at home. I don't know the reason.
    Bigger pitch maybe

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    I watched in the local supporters bar and the vast majority there were commenting about how regular this sort of performance was becoming. You'll know more than me eirebhoy when it comes to performances as I hardly see any games anymore but that was the general consensus anyway.
    Hardly the IB??? Never liked watching games in there if so. Fellas opinions in pubs! If they knew so much why weren't they at the game, bus leaves from outside, heaps of tickets, only down the road.....
    I'm getting wound up.

I'm with eirebhoy on this one, the football is coming back this season under strachan, and most fans (bar the totally anti brigade no matter what he does) are wising up to it.
    Last edited by Bottle of Tonic; 10/10/2007 at 4:41 PM. Reason: spelling
    The dude abides....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bottle of Tonic View Post
    Hardly the IB??? Never liked watching games in there if so. Fellas opinions in pubs! If they knew so much why weren't they at the game, bus leaves from outside, heaps of tickets, only down the road.....I'm getting wound up.

I'm with eirebhoy on this one, the football is coming back this season under strachan, and most fans (bar the totally anti brigade no matter what he does) are wising up to it.
    On the contrary, most of them were season ticket holders. Not everyone goes to the away games and this is a supporters club that is based 2 hours away from Glasgow.

I wouldn't have them down as a moan and groan brigade either, in fact a lot of them I would class as knowledgable and reasonable. Just saying that they aren't exactly thrilled with the way the team has been playing.