Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eirambler
    Cant say I agree with you on that one.

Livi are basically the scottish version of MK Dons, they were in administration for most of the past year, they have pitiful home attendances compared to other teams in the central belt, Pierce Flynn only bought them because he couldnt afford Celt!c, they're bottom of the SPL, odds on to go down, and former supporters of Meadowbank no longer support them because they moved out of Edinburgh.

They have had some success, but it looks like its behind them now. And really they have completely lost their soul.
    In order to be completely like the MK Dons they would have had to move about 70 miles from their original home ground as a League club in Meadowbank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Two time Dundee manager and a former coach of Gianluca Vialli at Chelsea.

Frank, he's put up with so much crap at Dundee the 2nd time around with the collapsed finances at the club. It's a wonder he stuck right through so long. No idea why he left. Something else on the horizon? I rate him quite highly.
    I think so too but there's not going to be much offers for him. I heard it was because they lost to Stranraer in the League Cup.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well Hearts could be an even greater force if they weren't confined to a home ground which only holds 16,000 odd. But if they DO make the Champions League at some future date hiring Murrayfield for those games is still an option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    There's an idea for you Gerrit, start your own one
    If I found a fanclub it'd have to be of a club I'm more fanatic about, like Rosenborg. I sympathise with Inverness as it is my prefered Scottish club, but I'm not fanatic at all. Maybe if I'd visit them, meet some nice people and have a good time in the Inverness city centre I'd roll into it and grow fanatic. I do follow them since they were still in 3rd division, but it's not like I frequent their website or so. Not yet anyway, I may fall for them completely once I've seen their ground in real ; looks beautiful on the pics, next to those mountains and loch...

Belfast also has a Stranraer fanclub... How does someone from Northern Ireland get to go with Stranraer ?? Not that I dislike the thought, on the contrary, those few lads must have a hard time when meeting their Rangers or Celtic supporting friends in the pub
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Hibs beat Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox!!!

SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
    Aberdeen 3-0 Falkirk 3.00
    Smith 3,22
    Clark 33

Hearts 2-1 Motherwell 3.00
    Skacel 41 Foran Pen 76
    Jankauskas 70
    Kilmarnock 3-0 Livingston 3.00
    Nish 28,35,43

Rangers 0-3 Hibernian 3.00
    Sproule 67,86,90

A familiar face scoring for Motherwell as Hearts continue their rampage. Thez-re going well clear at the top. Rangers have dropped to 4th with Celtic still to plaz tomorrow. If Celtic and ICT win tomorrow Rangers will be in the bottom 6.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hat trick by Ivan Sproule, who was playing for Institute last year. Far cry from the Irish League now!! SPL could be interesting this year, especially if Hearts new owner splashs a bit more cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Sproule, Sproule, Sproule! We love you! Pretty much cancels out last week's OF result except Rangers are down in the dumps.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    If I found a fanclub it'd have to be of a club I'm more fanatic about, like Rosenborg. I sympathise with Inverness as it is my prefered Scottish club, but I'm not fanatic at all. Maybe if I'd visit them, meet some nice people and have a good time in the Inverness city centre I'd roll into it and grow fanatic. I do follow them since they were still in 3rd division, but it's not like I frequent their website or so. Not yet anyway, I may fall for them completely once I've seen their ground in real ; looks beautiful on the pics, next to those mountains and loch...

Belfast also has a Stranraer fanclub... How does someone from Northern Ireland get to go with Stranraer ?? Not that I dislike the thought, on the contrary, those few lads must have a hard time when meeting their Rangers or Celtic supporting friends in the pub
    Simple Gerrit

You can get to Stranraer easily. All it takes is a bus to Larne hop across on the ferry et voilá there you are. There used to be a Stenhousemuir fan club in Dublin at one point.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh
    Hat trick by Ivan Sproule, who was playing for Institute last year. Far cry from the Irish League now!! SPL could be interesting this year, especially if Hearts new owner splashs a bit more cash.
    The Irish League Premier Division and indeed the one down south are strong enough for me to be able to say that if we had full time football in the entire Division in both parts of the island inside 5 years clubs in Ireland would be able to beat any SPL team that finishes lower than fourth on a consistent basis. Sproule's progress is just another plank in that argument. Good luck to him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie
    Simple Gerrit

You can get to Stranraer easily. All it takes is a bus to Larne hop across on the ferry et voilá there you are. There used to be a Stenhousemuir fan club in Dublin at one point.
    They could of course also support local football and hop of the bus in Larne, where a Premier division team plays...

Stenhousemuir ? I watched out for their results when I was younger, they caught my eye because of their weird name

My nr 2 club in Scotland, after nr 1 Inverness, would be Queens Park. I love the fact that they sticked to amateur football rather than going with the flow and go professional. At least those 150 people in Hampden Park agree with my views that amateur football is the real football
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    They could of course also support local football and hop of the bus in Larne, where a Premier division team plays...

Stenhousemuir ? I watched out for their results when I was younger, they caught my eye because of their weird name

My nr 2 club in Scotland, after nr 1 Inverness, would be Queens Park. I love the fact that they sticked to amateur football rather than going with the flow and go professional. At least those 150 people in Hampden Park agree with my views that amateur football is the real football
    Of course they could Gerrit... but like so many feckers down here they can't be arsed and say things like... Irish League? sure it's sh!te like!

I like Queen's Park because they have one of the best grounds in Scotland

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts
    SPL table:

P GD PTS
    1 Hearts 5 12 15
    2 Kilmarnock 5 5 10
    3 Hibernian 5 4 10
    4 Rangers 5 2 9
    5 Celtic 4 2 7
    6 Inverness CT 4 2 7
    7 Aberdeen 5 1 7
    8 Motherwell 5 -4 4
    9 Dundee Utd 4 -4 4
    10 Falkirk 5 -7 3
    11 Dunfermline 4 -2 2
    12 Livingston 5 -11 1

Report on SkySports News:
    "Scottish football chiefs have today dealt another blow to the already beleagured state of the game north of the border.

The Chairmen of Kilmarnock, Hearts and Hibernian called an emergency meeting to discuss the possibility of all 3 clubs moving to the English Premiership.

In an exclusive interview, Hearts manager, George Burley said, "Obviously, the three clubs are doing well but we have nowhere to go from here. We need Premiership football to remain competitive and avoid going stagnant, we do feel for the clubs that are left behind but believe that in the long run, they would be better off in a more evenly matched league."

The clubs' competitors in the SPL have reacted angrily to the proposed move. Rangers' ropey Danish winger, Peter Lovenkrands said, "This is just typical of the influence money has in the modern game. I can't believe that the so-called "big boys" in the SPL would try to cut us adrift and not expect us to moan".

Celtic, whilst refusing an interview, released the following statement, "Celtic football club are strongly opposed to this move and will fight it by any means necessary as long as it doesn't cost any money. We feel that it is just another example of the leagues bias towards Rangers and the ongoing conspiracy against Celtic." SkySports would like to point out that this is the same statement that Celtic have released every week for the last 7 years.
    Last edited by Eirambler; 28/08/2005 at 3:33 PM.
    Keane O'Shea Given Best Smallbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    If Celtic and ICT win tomorrow Rangers will be in the bottom 6.
    Celtic did: Dunfermline 0-4 Celtic . Inverness didn't though: Dundee United 1-1 Inverness CT
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

SPL Discussion Thread

Well it is refreshing to see new names at the top of the table in Caledonia.
    It would be really healthy for Scottish football in general if three of those were still in the top four at the end of the season.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Inverness didn't though: Dundee United 1-1 Inverness CT
    And you left it late to steal that point too!
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sadloserkid
    And you left it late to steal that point too!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

International Prospect sadloserkid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    295 Posts
    Hmmm... I may gotten a little carried away there, apologies.
    The ball is round and has many surprises.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Riordan won't be going to Cardiff City as he doesn't want to leave Hibs, looks like he could be gone in January though as Petrie seems to be forcing him out.

Think some people are getting carried away with the Jambos start to the season. Its far too early. Hibs have more points now than we did at this time last year, and we finished 3rd.

Romanov might seem good for them now, but seems a little strange that all there players are coming in on loan, from Kaunas, his Lithuanian club that he's actually signing the players for and then loaning them to Hearts. Seems a bit odd to be dealing this way, unless he is thinking long term with Hearts.

Great result for Hibs on Saturday, great hat-trick from Rangers fan Ivan Sproule. And great session in the Palmerstown House on Saturday night.

Can still see no one stopping Rangers this year, but as in the last couple of years I see the gap getting smaller between O.F. and rest of league.

Heres to livingston getting relegated . No history, no soul

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hibs4ever great result for you on saturday
    just wondering would you prefer hearts to win the league instead of the old firm? or is the hatred for hearts greater then that of the old firm for you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjoe
    Hibs4ever great result for you on saturday
    just wondering would you prefer hearts to win the league instead of the old firm? or is the hatred for hearts greater then that of the old firm for you?

Definitely hate Hearts more. But there a different feelings towards O.F. which I'm not gonna get into on this website

Also have a little anger towards Livi as I just think they're a waste of time
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 29/08/2005 at 9:11 AM.

Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast