Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    Neil Lennon got MOM in the Sunday Times although his name wasn't mentioned at all in the match report. Come to think of it, I did not hear his name mentioned in the radio commentary either. He is truly 'Mr. Invisible'.
    Very Surprised he got MOTM. Did ok, but not great, neither was Petrov. I probably would have given it to Nakamura. Quality, skill, control and awareness he's a joy to watch when he's on his game.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...920661,00.html
    Here is the link, knock yourself out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    Neil Lennon got MOM in the Sunday Times although his name wasn't mentioned at all in the match report. Come to think of it, I did not hear his name mentioned in the radio commentary either. He is truly 'Mr. Invisible'.
    Lennon wasn't bad. He did what was asked, I wouldn't call him Invisible. Its just when Celtic are dominating a match Lennon is not the type of player that is going to be involved. He'll usually get it and pass it off to Nakamura or Petrov.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    As he should do.
    Lennon is alright by me, I'm glad he is playing well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Lennon wasn't bad. He did what was asked, I wouldn't call him Invisible. Its just when Celtic are dominating a match Lennon is not the type of player that is going to be involved. He'll usually get it and pass it off to Nakamura or Petrov.

Celtic were never "dominating" this match is the slightest. It was a very even game that was won by a sloppy goal from even sloppier defending.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    'Dominate' would be too strong a word but I think Celtic were worthy winners. First half Hibs did nothing to threaten the celtic goal. Second half you were much more dangerous, Sproule is lightening fast.

The stats suggest a fairly even game, though I think at least 3 of those attempts on goal could be classed as 'back passes'

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/...~31266,00.html

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    'Dominate' would be too strong a word but I think Celtic were worthy winners. First half Hibs did nothing to threaten the celtic goal. Second half you were much more dangerous, Sproule is lightening fast.

The stats suggest a fairly even game, though I think at least 3 of those attempts on goal could be classed as 'back passes'

http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/...~31266,00.html
    WOW Junior. We agree on someting The kid is quality. Thankfully we've got him contracted for a few more years.

And in fairness, 3 celtic goals aside, Zibby had very little to do also, claim a few crosses maybe
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 13/12/2005 at 8:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I don't know, I felt Celtic dominated. Maybe not creating too many chances but certainly had way more possession. Looking at those stats backs me up. I'll watch the match again this week.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 13/12/2005 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Offhand I can remember Hartson cracking the bar with a header, Petrov being put in one on one and hitting the side net and Maloney nearly putting it across for Hartson but it just being intercepted before he could put it in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Offhand I can remember Hartson cracking the bar with a header, Petrov being put in one on one and hitting the side net and Maloney nearly putting it across for Hartson but it just being intercepted before he could put it in.

So thats off target chances and a nothing pass then, Hibs hit a few shots near the goal too

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    WOW Junior. We agree on someting The kid is quality. Thankfully we've got him contracted for a few more years.

And in fairness, 3 celtic goals aside, Zibby had very little to do also, claim a few crosses maybe
    Why does he only get a spot on the bench? And whats the story with Riordan he was muck in the first half - not wanting to damage his new clubs championship chances per chance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Why does he only get a spot on the bench? And whats the story with Riordan he was muck in the first half - not wanting to damage his new clubs championship chances per chance

Mogga doesn't think he's ready to be starting all the time, he does start some games though. Deek got a knock in training on friday, his off game was nothing to do with the fact that every club in scotland wants him in their team. Personaly I think he'll go down south at end of season. He's DEFINITELY going nowhere in January

Was talking to Mogga in our club shop on Sunday, he felt the difference between the two sides was that Hartson was just too strong for our defenders.

Our defence has been our problem for a while now, hopefully celtic sign Caldwell
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 13/12/2005 at 12:44 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    watched most of the game again last night on CelticTV - Its fair to say that Hartson was a real handful, he gave away some free's but won a fair few as well. Basically your centre backs didn't get a minutes peace. Whilst his second, err shall we say Ian Rush'esque the header that came off the bar would have been a peach for his hatrick.

What the fcuk was Mowbray doing in the club shop after the game & more to the point what the fcuk were you doing there - no pub to go to? - I presume you mean on the Sunday?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Just saw that, changed to Sunday

We went to a pub called the Crown (something) on Duke St. after the match. Stayed there a few hours, then a crate of rollong rock, and kfc, and train back to Edinburgh, happy days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo
    (Was @ the last 'Embra' derby;Hibs are about as 'Irish' as Ronnie Reagan was,btw).
    I don't want to see any Hibee rising to this bait. Gonzo, cop on, that kind of post is against forum rules. The Irishness of Celtic and Hibs is not up for debate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Sorry,PS,merely an Opinion/Observation.

Btw,No matter how 'nutty',surely any MB is about 'free speech' ?
    Gonzo, I don't know how much of a regular you are here but this whole craic has caused a lot of fighting on foot.ie so we've had to draw up some pretty tough rules surrounding Scottish football discussion. Read the rules at the top of the "World Football" forum and follow them. You might not agree with them but trust me they are necessary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    I don't want to see any Hibee rising to this bait. Gonzo, cop on, that kind of post is against forum rules. The Irishness of Celtic and Hibs is not up for debate.

Don't worry Poor Student. I've NEVER claimed Hibs to be Irish, nor does any other Hibee, so what he says doesn't bother me in the slightest, why sould it, they're Scottish. He makes no sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Hibs are ropey at the back.....even their own manager after they beat Hertz said they had no chance of winning the SPL. Decent side going fwd.(Was @ the last 'Embra' derby;Hibs are about as 'Irish' as Ronnie Reagan was,btw).

Anyway this all pales into insignificance......Now 'The Brat' has signed for the 'Tic .....SPL success is surely theirs!

Of course he did, as most managers do. He's not gonna come out and say "Yeah, we'll win this league comfortably". Like most managers he's playing down our chances to the media, but he still believes we can do something, especially finished at least 2nd for the other Champions League spot

GGTTH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    EDIT:Post is not
    constructive
    Last edited by superfrank; 15/12/2005 at 3:45 PM.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    So Keano went to Celtic, no surprise there.

However, it disgraced me to see him saying: "Every Irish boy feels something for Celtic." Speak for yourself, gob****e. It's obvious he's forgotten his roots.
    Is it not more than a little obvious by now that that is not the kind of discussion we want in this thread?

Page 16 of 114 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast