Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 2266

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

  1. #261
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Seriously - when in the last 10 years or so have you sold out your allocation for a game at Celtic Park against Celtic. The support from Hibs (and Hearts by the way) has been a disgrace over the years considering its less than an hours drive away.

    As for fans leaving early - its a pet hate of mine as well. A problem at grounds everywhere, though Im sure the Hibee's stay the full ninety minutes at their games

    Most fans don't like going to Ibrox or Parkhead, because of the voil sectarian abuse they have to listen to while there, ESPESCIALLY in Ibrox

    But I ain't getting into a conversation on this website about it

  2. #262
    Coach eirebhoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,638
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    Most fans don't like going to Ibrox or Parkhead, because of the voil sectarian abuse they have to listen to while there, ESPESCIALLY in Ibrox
    Anyone caught even saying a secterian word at CP are banned for life.

  3. #263
    Seasoned Pro drinkfeckarse's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scotland but my heart is in Ireland
    Posts
    3,131
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    Most fans don't like going to Ibrox or Parkhead, because of the voil sectarian abuse they have to listen to while there, ESPESCIALLY in Ibrox

    But I ain't getting into a conversation on this website about it
    I've been to most SPL grounds and have heard most home fans singing or shouting sectarian abuse includung Easter Road believe it or not. Whenever Rangers or Celtic are in town the home fans sing the usual songs so don't go thinking the 'ol Hibees are exempt because as I say, I've heard it at Easter Rd every time I've been there (as you will have no doubt).

  4. #264
    Seasoned Pro drinkfeckarse's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scotland but my heart is in Ireland
    Posts
    3,131
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just to clear up any confusion as this will just get closed if it develops into "who does what". My point is ALL the fans are as bad as each other. There is no football ground in the SPL that is exempt from the home fans singing sectarian songs at some stage.

  5. #265
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Sorry but thats bullsh*t. I'm at almost every game at Easter Road, and there are NEVER sectarian songs sang by Hibs fans, no matter WHO we are playing. I've also never heard any of these song at Aberdeen, Dundee, Kilmarnock, Inverness or Partick.


    I'm not saying anymore on this nonsense
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 01/12/2005 at 10:59 AM.

  6. #266
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    423
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    I'm not saying anymore on this nonsense
    You bring the subject up. talk complete tosh re: sectarian singing being the reason for your teams pathetic support at Celtic Park and then run away when challenged?

    If sectarian singing is what has kept the faithful hibbees from travelling to Celtic Park all these years Then what has changed this season? Why have you sold out your allocation? Have your wonderful fans suddenly lowered their moral standards, or has Celtic Park become a place of 'love' welcoming allcomers, a place you can feel at home?

    I'd hazard a guess you wouldn't know a sectarian song if it bit you on the arse.

    Lets not get the thread closed down H4E - so stop talking nonsense, good lhad!
    Last edited by Junior; 01/12/2005 at 11:45 AM.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

    "No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

  7. #267
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    You bring the subject up. talk complete tosh re: sectarian singing being the reason for your teams pathetic support at Celtic Park and then run away when challenged?

    If sectarian singing is what has kept the faithful hibbees from travelling to Celtic Park all these years Then what has changed this season? Why have you sold out your allocation? Have your wonderful fans suddenly lowered their moral standards, or has Celtic Park become a place of 'love' welcoming allcomers, a place you can feel at home?

    I'd hazard a guess you wouldn't know a sectarian song if it bit you on the arse.

    Lets not get the thread closed down H4E - so stop talking nonsense, good lhad!
    I gave you a reason why majority of non OF fans didn't go to Ibrox or Parkhead when you start slaggong other teams attendance (even though Parkead is half empty if celtic are losing with half our to go) Then you come here and say there are no sectarian songs sang at Parkhead Funniest thing I've ever heard


    Plus I don't want the thread being closed, THATS why I didn't want to talk about it anymore

    Stop the nonsense. GOOD LAD
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 01/12/2005 at 12:17 PM.

  8. #268
    Seasoned Pro drinkfeckarse's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scotland but my heart is in Ireland
    Posts
    3,131
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    Sorry but thats bullsh*t. I'm at almost every game at Easter Road, and there are NEVER sectarian songs sang by Hibs fans, no matter WHO we are playing. I've also never heard any of these song at Aberdeen, Dundee, Kilmarnock, Inverness or Partick.
    No it aint, there's hardly going to be sectarian songs between Dundee against Partick Thistle or Aberdeen v Hibs now is there!?

    I have heard it, you say you haven't so lets leave it at that. Can't be arsed arguing about it. Every team has their muppet supporters.

  9. #269
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    No it aint, there's hardly going to be sectarian songs between Dundee against Partick Thistle or Aberdeen v Hibs now is there!?

    I have heard it, you say you haven't so lets leave it at that. Can't be arsed arguing about it. Every team has their muppet supporters.

    AGREED
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 01/12/2005 at 12:56 PM.

  10. #270
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    423
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    I gave you a reason why majority of non OF fans didn't go to Ibrox or Parkhead when you start slaggong other teams attendance (even though Parkead is half empty if celtic are losing with half our to go) Then you come here and say there are no sectarian songs sang at Parkhead Funniest thing I've ever heard


    Plus I don't want the thread being closed, THATS why I didn't want to talk about it anymore

    Stop the nonsense. GOOD LAD
    I'll make it simple, as you seem to avoide the points I raise. Please answer these 2 questions.

    1) Why have you allegedly sold your FULL allocation this year? what has changed?

    IMO Its either Hibee glory hunters or a reduction in 'perceived' sectarianism at CP? which is it?

    2) Where did I say there are no sectarian songs sung at parkhead? Quotes would be useful at this stage.

    I haven't said there is or there isn't for the record - So I presume "the funniest thing i have ever heard" is coming from your over active imagination. PS: Celtic play at Celtic Park for your future reference.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

    "No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

  11. #271
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    I'll make it simple, as you seem to avoide the points I raise. Please answer these 2 questions.

    1) Why have you allegedly sold your FULL allocation this year? what has changed?

    IMO Its either Hibee glory hunters or a reduction in 'perceived' sectarianism at CP? which is it?

    2) Where did I say there are no sectarian songs sung at parkhead? Quotes would be useful at this stage.

    I haven't said there is or there isn't for the record - So I presume "the funniest thing i have ever heard" is coming from your over active imagination. PS: Celtic play at Celtic Park for your future reference.

    1. Don't know, maybe you can ask them on Saturday week on their way into ground.

    2. Apoligies on this one, I got you mixed up with eirebhoy who said any celtic fan singing sectarian songs gets banned for life (therefore ground would be pretty much empty if this was true)

    3. Couldn't give a fcuk what the name of the ground is, it ain't important to me. I and most know it as parkhead, if you's changed it thats your problem.
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 01/12/2005 at 1:34 PM.

  12. #272
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    423
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    1. Don't know, maybe you can ask them on Saturday week on their way into ground.
    You don't know, but you know Im wrong? You claimed to have sold out your full allocation 'again'. If you are going, why don't you ask your fellow fans and feed it back to us? I'd be interested to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    2. Apoligies on this one, I got you mixed up with eirebhoy who said any celtic fan singing sectarian songs gets banned for life (therefore ground would be pretty much empty if this was true)
    Apology accepted. Though I do find it an insult to Celtic fans, that by default you say the majority of us sing sectarian songs. Sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong. You seem to know a fair bit of what goes on at CP for someone who is at Easter road nearly every home game. You know what songs the majority of us sing and that most of us are on our way home once 1-0 down. enlightening H4E it really is!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    3. Couldn't give a fcuk what the name of the ground is, it ain't important to me. I and most know it as parkhead, if you's changed it thats your problem.
    No, its not changed - Its always been Celtic Park.

    Now and again, its worthwhile not going with the stereotype or the tabloid line. Try and base any arguments you have on fact or at least some form of logic.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

    "No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

  13. #273
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Why should I ask them? I'm not interested to know why! You are!! I'm going to enjoy the match, as I did the last match away to celtic. Not gonna spend my time asking fellow Hibees why they're there

    Celtics ground was called Parkhead when it was opened wasn't it (by Hibs too )

    You're obviously looking for an arguement. Take it elswhere lad
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 01/12/2005 at 2:01 PM.

  14. #274
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    423
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    Why should I ask them? I'm not interested to know why! You are!! I'm going to enjoy the match, as I did the last match away to celtic. Not gonna spend my time asking fellow Hibees why they're there

    Celtics ground was called Parkhead when it was opened wasn't it(by Hibs too )
    Fair enough, you're not interested now, Just for the record though, if you sell out your allocation for the game on the 10th, it will be the first time in as long as I can remember, no two ways about it, that is purely because your team are doing well at the moment and a significant number of hibs fans have jumped on the bandwagon.

    No, it was never called Parkhead, thats just where the ground is situated.

    Enjoy the game - though I know that will be difficult because of all the sectarian bile you will be subjected to

    Hail Hail!!!!
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

    "No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

  15. #275
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Fair enough, you're not interested now, Just for the record though, if you sell out your allocation for the game on the 10th, it will be the first time in as long as I can remember, no two ways about it, that is purely because your team are doing well at the moment and a significant number of hibs fans have jumped on the bandwagon.

    No, it was never called Parkhead, thats just where the ground is situated.

    Enjoy the game - though I know that will be difficult because of all the sectarian bile you will be subjected to

    Hail Hail!!!!

    Or never was!! You brought it up by slagging away teams attendance at "Parkhead" as it was called when founded. Enjoy the match yourself lad

  16. #276
    Seasoned Pro
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    423
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    325
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic FC
    May 28, 1888
    Celtic beat Rangers 5-2 in a "friendly". It is the new club's first match and is played on the first Celtic Park.
    I know, I know, you're not interested in what its called.

    I apologise if my slagging of the away fans support upset you, but it was in response to your false claims of having sold your full allocation 'again' which is simply untrue.

    I am genuinely interested in why sides, particularly the two from edinburgh bring such a poor support to Celtic Park. I don't buy the sectarian argument, it certainly wouldn't put Hearts fans off would it?

    You don't have to respond to this post, Im not looking to prolong the debate needlessly.

    I am looking forward to the game on the 10th. Probably the 2 best footballing teams in the league at the moment, a full house, should be a decent atmosphere and game.

    May the best team win an all dat.........
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

    "No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

  17. #277
    Coach Poor Student's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    7,954
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    211
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    75
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Yeah, lets just stray away from the sectarianism debate as you already wisely seem to be doing.

    To the best of my knowledge it's always been Celtic Park in the area of Parkhead. Just like the Giuseppe Meazza is the real name of the San Siro and San Siro is just the area. I believe David Murray made a point of addressing letters to Parkhead on purpose during Fergus McCann's tenure who had explained the situation to him about it being called Celtic Park.

  18. #278
    First Team Superhoops's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Not Cork (thank God!)
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Yeah, lets just stray away from the sectarianism debate as you already wisely seem to be doing.

    To the best of my knowledge it's always been Celtic Park in the area of Parkhead. Just like the Giuseppe Meazza is the real name of the San Siro and San Siro is just the area. I believe David Murray made a point of addressing letters to Parkhead on purpose during Fergus McCann's tenure who had explained the situation to him about it being called Celtic Park.
    What has writing letters got to do with 'football matters'. Sounds more to do with politics to me and in breach of your own rules:

    The thread shall strick strictly to football matters. No politics or religion are allowed to be discussed. Any hint of sectarianism will be severely punished.

    or do the rules only apply to selected posts?
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

  19. #279
    Capped Player
    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,996
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,667
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,697
    Thanked in
    1,842 Posts
    I understood that the moderator was adressing a 'minor' football related detail and that this particular discussion has ended. If there was a breach on his part then you would have to interpret his message in away he probably did not intend. This forum is set up to deal with SPL football matters and long may that continue. Gratitude is more in order to express to the moderator for seeing that the ground rules are complied with.

  20. #280
    First Team Hibs4Ever's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Prague, Czech Rep
    Posts
    1,969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    183
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    145
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    A Hibs win away to Dundee United should set up a good match against Celtic on Dec 10th. Hopefully Livi will get the finger out and beat the Jambos, even a draw would suit me there. Aberdeen won't be any push overs for Celtic at Pittodrie, will go for Dons to sneak a win here. The other 3 games I can see drawing, including Rangers at home to Falkirk.

    Hibs at full strength for the game tomorrow so hopefully all 3 points going back to Easter Road.


    GGTTH
    Last edited by Hibs4Ever; 02/12/2005 at 1:27 PM.

Page 14 of 114 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SPL Discussion Thread
    By Ciaran W in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21/05/2010, 9:42 AM
  2. Pat Devlin discussion thread
    By centre mid in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10/09/2009, 1:21 PM
  3. SPL discussion thread
    By drinkfeckarse in forum Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13/09/2006, 4:48 PM
  4. Transfers Discussion Thread
    By The spaniard in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 455
    Last Post: 25/02/2006, 7:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •