Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 13 of 114 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    Come off it. The guy is constantly diving.
    No is not. Duff constantly goes down easy but Petrov doesn't. Actually, Petrov played for a penalty earlier in the season (he kicked the ball and the keeper had no option but to take him down) but that's all I've seen from him in a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    I actually find Petrov a player who is fouled a ridiculous amount of times. Time and time again that sharp turn of his leads to a niggling trip by opposition midfielders.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Went to my first (and prob last) SPL game today, Hibs v Rangers. At £25 a skull its a bit pricy but got a pair of tickets for £20 a few min after ko. Easter Road was a nice ground I thought although the East Stand where we were was nothing but an old terrace with backless plastic seats put in on steel rows. Rangers huffed and puffed but were a hacking physical team while Hibs played some good stuff in the first half and deserved their win. Could have been a better atmosphere too I thought although everyone there had thier colours on which was good to see. SPL Yawn though for me
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    From what I saw of the Hibs game yesterday - they played a lot of attacking stuff, creating plenty of chances. Rangers were poor, though could still have nicked a 2-2 draw if Namouchi hadn't skyed. It seemed a fairly entertaining game - what standard do you usually watch?

Just as well you didn't go to Celtic Park on Saturday - because that would have put you of SPL football for life, it was dross! Dunfermline sneaked an early goal and put 11 men behind the ball (as you would - not a criticism). Celtic, unfortunately had a few players out in Maloney,Beattie and Nakamura (3 of the more creative players) Hartson and Sutton played up front and it just didn't work, no pace, no ideas, it was a real off day at the office. Zurawski came on in the 2nd half but made little impact - hopefully he'll be back to match fitness soon.
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I normally watch Cork City in the eL. Wasnt at the City V Hibs SPL preseason game a few months ago so cant say if it was a similar team last weekend that drew 3-3 with our reserves. In the first half Hibs played good, fast football and Rangers didnt have any answers. In the 2nd half Hibs went down to rangers level of football which suited Rangers more. IMO Hibs in the 1st half would beat a City team but not in the 2nd half while Rangers would out musscle a City side but not out play them. Like I said in the other post though, £25 for a ticket was pricy, I saw Man U V Juventus for less than that a few years ago!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy.McClure
    I normally watch Cork City in the eL. Wasnt at the City V Hibs SPL preseason game a few months ago so cant say if it was a similar team last weekend that drew 3-3 with our reserves. In the first half Hibs played good, fast football and Rangers didnt have any answers. In the 2nd half Hibs went down to rangers level of football which suited Rangers more. IMO Hibs in the 1st half would beat a City team but not in the 2nd half while Rangers would out musscle a City side but not out play them. Like I said in the other post though, £25 for a ticket was pricy, I saw Man U V Juventus for less than that a few years ago!

No it wasn't. Hibs reserves and youth players drew with a Cork City team who had their 1st team on pitch for most of the match

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Plus the athmosphere on Sunday in ER was GREAT if you're a HIBERNIAN SUPPORTER. Seems like me to be just another Cork City fan on this site coming onto this thread to start negative comments about SPL. If it doesn't interest you then stay away from it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    SPL Yawn though for me
    You're a hard man to please Troy if you didn't enjoy that game. Hibs have a very entertaining young side and played a lot more football than I have seen or played in, in most el games. That's just my opinion though before we descend into what league is better than what again or who would beat who

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No it wasn't. Hibs reserves and youth players drew with a Cork City team who had their 1st team on pitch for most of the match Plus the athmosphere on Sunday in ER was GREAT if you're a HIBERNIAN SUPPORTER. Seems like me to be just another Cork City fan on this site coming onto this thread to start negative comments about SPL. If it doesn't interest you then stay away from it
    Well I cant remember the teams exactly but Im pretty sure it wasnt the full City team!

Im sure it was great to be a Hibs supporter beating Rangers home and away this season, but as you know, Im not a Hibs supporter so it ment feck all to me. I was in the corner of the east stand where none of the action was so I couldnt hear any of the noise from the singing section so it seemed a bit quite to me. Im not saying anything negative about the SPL besides the fact that Im not too interested in it and I do actually (!) agree with dfl about Hibs having a good side, but for the 2nd half they allowed themselves to be dragged down to Rangers $hite level, thats all I was saying, chillax like!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Cork City: A.O’Shea, Lordan, Coughlan, D.Murray, Murphy, O’Donovan, O’Halloran, O'Callaghan, Scanlon, Fenn, Behan.

Hibernian: Brown, Notman, Hogg, McCaffrey, Shields, Sproule, Stewart, Murray, McDonald, Shiels, Konte.

Neither team was full strength. Brown and Sproule started for Hibs yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Cork City: A.O’Shea, Lordan, Coughlan, D.Murray, Murphy, O’Donovan, O’Halloran, O'Callaghan, Scanlon, Fenn, Behan.

Hibernian: Brown, Notman, Hogg, McCaffrey, Shields, Sproule, Stewart, Murray, McDonald, Shiels, Konte.

Neither team was full strength. Brown and Sproule started for Hibs yesterday.

SCOTT Brown started for Hibs on Sunday, the one in that team was SIMON Brown, our reserve keeper. Sproule did start on Sunday, think it was only his 3rd start of the season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Hibs played brilliant on Sunday. Ivan Sproule is a cracking player.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    Hibs played brilliant on Sunday. Ivan Sproule is a cracking player.

He's an unbelievable player, that we paid 3,000 pounds for, and is now getting offers of a million. Just hope he stays with Hibs for a few more years before moving on

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Like I said in the other post though, £25 for a ticket was pricy, I saw Man U V Juventus for less than that a few years ago!
    That may be so. I know lads who went to the Man U game v Villareal last week. Paid £45 and that was dross. swings and roundabouts, non?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just noticed your signature Hibs4Ever, I've a friend over here who's a Hibs fan and he always starts singing that whenever he's p!ssed for some reason.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse

Just noticed your signature Hibs4Ever, I've a friend over here who's a Hibs fan and he always starts singing that whenever he's p!ssed for some reason.
    Now I wonder what reason that could be

Or there's 1st to wear the green at Parkhead,

1st to wear the hoops,

1st to be called the bhoys

You going to the game on Dec 10th? Got our tickets today. Looking forward to that one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You going to the game on Dec 10th? Got our tickets today. Looking forward to that one
    Unfortunately not. I play football on Saturdays myself so I only go up to the odd midweek game these days.

I'm looking forward to it though, Hibs played very well the last time at Celtic Park but with Celtic playing more football than in previous seasons it should be an entertaining match.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    So will it be the usual 200 or so Hibee's at CP or do you have a number of bandwagon jumpers this year? something tells me it will be the latter

I'll be there, looking forward to it. Hibs have a very fast and skillful attack and our defence still isn't solid enough for my liking so thats your chance there. Hopefully Maloney, Beattie and Naka will all be available as they were sorely missed on Saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    So will it be the usual 200 or so Hibee's at CP or do you have a number of bandwagon jumpers this year? something tells me it will be the latter

I'll be there, looking forward to it. Hibs have a very fast and skillful attack and our defence still isn't solid enough for my liking so thats your chance there. Hopefully Maloney, Beattie and Naka will all be available as they were sorely missed on Saturday.
    We've sold out our allocation AGAIN The pleasure of seeing all the Glory hunting Celtic fans leaving early AGAIN will be too good to miss

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    We've sold out our allocation AGAIN The pleasure of seeing all the Glory hunting Celtic fans leaving early AGAIN will be too good to miss
    Seriously - when in the last 10 years or so have you sold out your allocation for a game at Celtic Park against Celtic. The support from Hibs (and Hearts by the way) has been a disgrace over the years considering its less than an hours drive away.

As for fans leaving early - its a pet hate of mine as well. A problem at grounds everywhere, though Im sure the Hibee's stay the full ninety minutes at their games