Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: SPL Discussion Thread

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Jesus, Rangers are muck. Celtic aren't at their best but that's never gonna happen in an Old Firm. Nakamura, Petrov, Camara playing well. McGeady, Hartson, Lennon not bad either. Maloney not great other than a top class goal. Camara had a nightmare first 2 Celtic games and is never going to be forgotten. He has been excellent since, setting up 5 goals and solid defensively but I'm still not convinced.
    Maloney was excellent. Always showed for the ball, lots of one touch link up play with Hartson and Naka. He is getting stronger all the time, takes a fair bit of stick during the match ad scored a screamer to boot!!

McGeady I thought had a poorish game, he made a few misplaced passes early on and his confidence seemed to drain. However he played 75 mins, was involved a fair bit and played a few decent through balls as well as some of the simple stuff. Unfortunately for Aiden there is a section (minority) that tend to get on his case with a first misplaced pass - whereas bombscare balde doesn't seem to get the same grief - I wonder why?
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior
    Maloney was excellent. Always showed for the ball, lots of one touch link up play with Hartson and Naka. He is getting stronger all the time, takes a fair bit of stick during the match ad scored a screamer to boot!!

McGeady I thought had a poorish game, he made a few misplaced passes early on and his confidence seemed to drain. However he played 75 mins, was involved a fair bit and played a few decent through balls as well as some of the simple stuff. Unfortunately for Aiden there is a section (minority) that tend to get on his case with a first misplaced pass - whereas bombscare balde doesn't seem to get the same grief - I wonder why?
    I wrote that post at half time mate. As they say, its a game of two half's. For me Petrov and Lennon were the best players, followed by Nakamura and then Maloney. Some of Hartson's touches were superb and he never looked tired. Camara is growing on me slowly.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 11/11/2005 at 3:23 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    I wrote that post at half time mate. As they say, its a game of two half's. For me Petrov and Lennon were the best players, followed by Nakamura and then Maloney. Some of Hartson's touches were superb and he never looked tired. Camara is growing on me slowly.
    Yep I'd go along with that Stan and Lennon bossed midfield. roll on the league game...................

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I know it is probably 'against the rules' but this letter in today's Indo is a classic!
    Last edited by Poor Student; 14/11/2005 at 9:29 PM.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops
    I know it is probably 'against the rules' but this letter in today's Indo is a classic!
    If you know then why do it? Sorry it had to go, absolutely against the idea of the thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    If you know then why do it?
    Was thinking the same thing myself
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Did I miss much?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir
    Did I miss much?
    No, not particulary.
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    If you know then why do it? Sorry it had to go, absolutely against the idea of the thread.
    Dems the rules, enforced by a classical scholar and a sligoman! PC gone mad. Time to move on.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    It's a twisted form of censorship when the Independent will happily publish but we can't read it here, no?

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Be glad that the SPL thread is back allowed. If you start posting doubtful articles, the mods will take the thread away again. And they are right, remember the fuzz of the recent past?
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    Be glad that the SPL thread is back allowed.
    Oh Gerrit, I'm simply ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit
    If you start posting doubtful articles, the mods will take the thread away again. And they are right, remember the fuzz of the recent past?
    My point is that if a publication as august as the Irish Independent sees fit to publish then why apply such draconian censorship here? Look, the first paragraph of the letter (it's all I could read on the website without handing over a small fortune) is either heavily laced with irony or, frankly, just preposterous. I'm sure the learned readership here on foot.ie would, with more gentle guidance from the moderators, be able to discern such for themselves without sinking into the stinking quagmire of sectarianism. Or am I placing too much faith in foot.ie posters?

PP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    My point is that if a publication as august as the Irish Independent sees fit to publish then why apply such draconian censorship here?
    Its slowly turning into a tabloid.

Look, the first paragraph of the letter (it's all I could read on the website without handing over a small fortune)
    Free to register, free to view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Free to register, free to view.
    I stand corrected. Now that I've registered and read the letter I can see the point the man was making. I hardly think such obvious "wit" would have stirred up the hornet's nest of idiocy, but I suppose you never know with some.

PP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts
    Celtic should really win 3 or 4 nil on Saturday, Rangers are absolute SH*T. Paving the way for eck to get the sack after we take them at Easter Road on Sunday week, what sweet payback that would be Heart of Lithuania will gradually start their expected decent down the league with defeat in Aberdeen this weekend

GGTTH

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4Ever
    Celtic should really win 3 or 4 nil on Saturday, Rangers are absolute SH*T. Paving the way for eck to get the sack after we take them at Easter Road on Sunday week, what sweet payback that would be Heart of Lithuania will gradually start their expected decent down the league with defeat in Aberdeen this weekend
    Aye I look foward to it mate Woul love to see r*ngers and he*rts finishing 3rd and forth....or ever fourth and fifth!
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank
    So are the paedo priests but you didn't mention that, funny...
    On an SPL thread? What world are you living in mate?!
    Long live the Pope! Free Burma (NLD/SNLD), Free Tibet (Burma Campaign/Free Tibet Campaign Alliance), Free the Rossport 5! (ACCOMPLISHED 30/09/05)

BOYCOTT TOTAL OIL-Please Read!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I stand corrected. Now that I've registered and read the letter I can see the point the man was making. I hardly think such obvious "wit" would have stirred up the hornet's nest of idiocy, but I suppose you never know with some.

PP
    Wit and the Indo are two things that defo do not go together.

Anyway; rangers will need a massive improovement to have any hope on Saturday, its not just that they seem to have a bad team; vunerable to pace and shakey in the air defensively, no supply from midfield to the forwards and nothing really to offer more then the spoiling brutal tactics that teams like Motherwell and Livingstone used two or three years ago. They also seem to have lost spirit and belief that they can be a successful side. Ferguson's interview post the League Cup match was very revealing; a knowlege that things have gone wrong but also a knowlege that rangers don't know how to fix them. Even a victory on Saturday would merely be covering the massive cracks in the team; Hearts, Hibs, Celtic far and away better football teams; Killie and Aberdeen have far more team spirit togethetness and belief. If it were not for ther reputation of the club Saturday's match would be no more then a run of the mill game against mid table opposition.

Sorry H4E; Celtic then Porto for rangers in the next few days; I thing McLeish may well be out the door before you lot get the chance to rain abuse on him.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton
    Sorry H4E; Celtic then Porto for rangers in the next few days; I thing McLeish may well be out the door before you lot get the chance to rain abuse on him.
    Come on Pat O. Mr Murray gave him till the start of December...you don't think he'll renege on his public promise do you

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    Last Wedenday´s game was my first chance to see new Celtic with Strachan in charge. Difficult to judge the team because Rangers were so poor. Imo, they still have a long way to go. Not so long ago better Celtic teams coming back from a tough midweek Euro game have mastered better Ranger's teams. Celtic did fall into an abyss hidden away from me on Setanta.
    I thought Strachan was a good appointment initially, still do, but I wonder has he got the sense and money to build up a team for Uefa championship re entry or is he going to continue with a few stars plus a few plodders like Telfer and Mc Manus, just enough to win the SPL.
    Hartson and Lennon were excellent last wed. but by next season who knows and with Thompson and Sutton both injury prone I see a long work in progress.

Page 11 of 114 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast