Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 8th and 9th Sept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Seems to have been a right ruckus outside the dressing room's from what I seen on Twitter....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Watched Harps - Waterford last night, comfortable win for Waterford, Camera work was odd. is it that Pixellot thing mentioned on here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCSIL View Post
    Watched Harps - Waterford last night, comfortable win for Waterford, Camera work was odd. is it that Pixellot thing mentioned on here?
    Yes. It's brutal.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Seems to have been a right ruckus outside the dressing room's from what I seen on Twitter....
    Surprising that Longford haven't issued their own statement yet, unless they feel it would be inappropriate to comment in the circumstances?

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    I could be wrong looking back towards the end of the Kerry/Longford game on LOITV I'm thinking the origins of the incident started at the 90 minute mark when there was a free kick/yellow card given to a Kerry player with a bit of tussle between a couple of different Longford players and then same Kerry player remonstrating at the referee pointing towards the Longford player in question, then at final whistle further pointing
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I don't think we'll make the playoffs.
    Haven't seen Harps this year but saw a photo of Rogers with a few of the players and it didn't look like a senior team. Didn't look like they'd give you the fabled "tough game" up in Finn Park at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Haven't seen Harps this year but saw a photo of Rogers with a few of the players and it didn't look like a senior team. Didn't look like they'd give you the fabled "tough game" up in Finn Park at all.
    We'd still give Bohs a game!
    But seriously since Febuary 2022 we've 5 won league home games out of 34,we've been rubbish at home for a long time....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    We'd still give Bohs a game!
    But seriously since Febuary 2022 we've 5 won league home games out of 34,we've been rubbish at home for a long time....
    Well last year's Harps team would've been considered poor and we only won 1 out of our 4 league matches, including a 9 man Harps team equalising in Dalymount in injury time. So I'm not in a position to doubt you..

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Another magnificent result last night for Pep junior, Ian Ryan.

People were saying that Bray would finish ahead of Waterford / Galway United this season. Delusional.

The most overrated manager the league has seen for many years, failing to get a play-off place two years running in a weak First Division. Oh, but his teams play nice football.....!
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    We absolutely stole the 3 points last night.
    Like Longford the week before, we were second best in the first-half.
    We awarded a laughable penalty in second half and scored two goals in injury time. We’re falling over the finishing line but as long as we cross it first, who cares.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodquayBoy View Post
    We absolutely stole the 3 points last night.
    Like Longford the week before, we were second best in the first-half.
    We awarded a laughable penalty in second half and scored two goals in injury time. We’re falling over the finishing line but as long as we cross it first, who cares.
    Wouldn't say we stole the three points. We were poor in the first half, but Bray were no great shakes either. 1-1 was probably fair.

There was only one team that was going to win that game in the second half. 4-1 definitely flattered us a bit, but we were deserving winners.

It was a fairly patched together backline last night with the players we're missing, and Manning is a huge loss.
    roddy collins you're a flanker you're a flanker!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    And playing McCormack at right back is hurting us in the middle as well, but we can’t risk O’Connor there against Dundalk and I don’t think Horgan or O’Keeffe will be back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    21 goals conceded against Waterford this season. This fraud needs to leave our club, but we are stuck with him for the foreseeable. Pat's could hit us for an absolute cricket score next week. I really fear how bad it could get, we are an absolute rabble. For possibly the first time in my life it's a chore going to matches.. embarrassing. Battered all season by poor enough teams. Grim times
    Thats has to be close to some league record even beyond LoI. When you consider that our former mad chairman/Jim Magilton rejected Rogers when he was one of very few candidates for basketcase Dundalk tells its own story. 11 players in, on top of existing squad, as development of a squad long term stinks of a scattergun approach and imo means a manager doesnt have an eye for players. Doesnt always mean theyre a poor manager, just that they need a scout that can spot real potential. Thats said, and maybe said before, but even a group of kids can be organised and show an ovious setup and hopefully incremental improvement. That is absent at Harps and that 6 year contract just gets stranger and stranger, a millstone around the clubs neck as I doubt Rogers would be the type to walk to keep any dignity intact.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Thats has to be close to some league record even beyond LoI. When you consider that our former mad chairman/Jim Magilton rejected Rogers when he was one of very few candidates for basketcase Dundalk tells its own story. 11 players in, on top of existing squad, as development of a squad long term stinks of a scattergun approach and imo means a manager doesnt have an eye for players. Doesnt always mean theyre a poor manager, just that they need a scout that can spot real potential. Thats said, and maybe said before, but even a group of kids can be organised and show an ovious setup and hopefully incremental improvement. That is absent at Harps and that 6 year contract just gets stranger and stranger, a millstone around the clubs neck as I doubt Rogers would be the type to walk to keep any dignity intact.
    It's a 6 year contract now???lord give me strength!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Kerry FC Statement

Kerry Football Club is aware of an alleged ‘racial’ remark directed at one of our players during last night’s SSE Airtricity Men’s First Division game against Longford Town.

The club continues to work with the FAI and the League of Ireland to kick ‘racism’ out of the game.

Kerry FC stands with the player affected and he is receiving all support available to him at this time.

We condemn discrimination in football and will not tolerate any form of hate towards any of our players or staff.
    Mounthawk Park and Kerry FC is a community where all people are welcome regardless of race, ethnicity, and other diverse backgrounds.

The matter has been referred to An Garda Siochana.

Kerry FC will be making no further comment on the matter at this time as investigations are ongoing.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Silence from Longford, surprised they haven't acknowledged it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thebronze14 View Post
    It's a 6 year contract now???lord give me strength!
    Maybe its 8, details details - 2 weeks was too much!! Either way it is, by loI standards a long term cotract and a risky one too for a completely untested manager.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 09/09/2023 at 5:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    I'd always heard 4 years, some kind of agreement will have to be met, or is he that thick skinned that he'll continue spoofing along?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EAFC_rdfl View Post
    I'd always heard 4 years, some kind of agreement will have to be met, or is he that thick skinned that he'll continue spoofing along?
    You'd hope the former but I'd expect the latter, in which case we'll be in a world of bother unless there's a drastic turnaround

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Rodgers would be stupid to do any kind of deal, how in earth he managed to get Harps to give him a long term contract (whether 4, 6, whatever) is beyond me but when they sack him (and they will have to) he should take them for the entire contract. Not his fault someone stupid enough to agree to that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast