Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 127

Thread: Games Weekend 1st Sept to 6th Sept

  1. #1
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    840
    Thanked in
    632 Posts

    Games Weekend 1st Sept to 6th Sept

    Premier Division

    Friday 1st

    Cork City v Sligo 19:45
    Drogheda v UCD 19:45
    Dundalk v Derry City 19:45
    Shelbourne v St Pats 19:45
    Shamrock Rovers v Bohemians 20:00

    Wednesday 6th

    UCD v Derry City 19:45

    First Division

    Friday 1st (all 19:45)

    Kerry v Bray
    Waterford v Athlone
    Wexford v Finn Harps
    Cobh v Treaty

    Saturday 2nd

    Longford v Galway 19:30

  2. #2
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    840
    Thanked in
    632 Posts
    Big weekend ahead if we can beat Bohs combined with Dundalk and little old Shels taking points off Derry and Pats it will be a big step forward and make the following weeks match in Derry into a must win for Derry.
    Having said that we have been poor and id take two draws with Bohs and Derry now in our next two matches and just keep them at arms length.
    Pats have a chance to stamp themselves firmly into the reconing but Shels are tough to beat ...as we well know.

    If Cork beat Sligo they are only 3 points behind and Sligo are firmly in the relgation playoff mix.
    That being said its hard to see Waterford based on recent evidence being a match for a Premier league Team,,,,,,maybe they would enjoy the underdog tag.

    The First Division is starting to shake out and with a 4 point gap from 5th Wexford to joint sixth place Longford and Treaty things are startoing to look fairly settled.
    Both 6th place teams have big asks this weekend....would be a shame for everything to be settled so early.
    Last edited by sbgawa; 29/08/2023 at 5:41 PM.

  3. #3
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    13,202
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,201
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,961
    Thanked in
    2,334 Posts
    Harps title charge starts this week.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

  4. #4
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Can't wait for what should be a super match i dTamhlacht. Rovers are in terrible form (but possibly improving), Bohs are in good form but don't control games (a very fun tea tbf), should be a cracker and a sell-out too.

    Real pity that the fourth stand isn't ready.

  5. #5
    Seasoned Pro joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    3,614
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    278
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    448
    Thanked in
    337 Posts
    Might just watch Rovers/Bohs this week.....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

  6. #6
    First Team
    Joined
    May 2016
    Location
    Limerick
    Posts
    1,088
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    34
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    57
    Thanked in
    50 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Might just watch Rovers/Bohs this week.....
    Keep the faith Joey.

  7. Thanks From:


  8. #7
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Feb 2022
    Posts
    21
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    11
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Great chance for Kerry to get a win, would be deserved favourites this weekend based on both teams' recent form. Even if the results haven't been going Kerrys way.

  9. #8
    Seasoned Pro ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,960
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    256
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    550
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Forgot about the email at 7pm to buy away tickets. I was on the ball last time. Oh well, looks like Virgin Media for me.

    On a completely unrelated topic, a friend of mine is interested in going to the match on Friday. As a neutral, will he go unnoticed if he isn’t doesn’t cheer for Rovers anytime they are doing well in the match?

  10. #9
    First Team Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,322
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    148
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Forgot about the email at 7pm to buy away tickets. I was on the ball last time. Oh well, looks like Virgin Media for me.

    On a completely unrelated topic, a friend of mine is interested in going to the match on Friday. As a neutral, will he go unnoticed if he isn’t doesn’t cheer for Rovers anytime they are doing well in the match?
    I’d be more concerned as to how he’ll be noticed if he cheers when Bohs are doing well

  11. #10
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    912
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    109
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Forgot about the email at 7pm to buy away tickets. I was on the ball last time. Oh well, looks like Virgin Media for me.

    On a completely unrelated topic, a friend of mine is interested in going to the match on Friday. As a neutral, will he go unnoticed if he isn’t doesn’t cheer for Rovers anytime they are doing well in the match?
    I've been to a few Rovers Bohs games in Tallaght and nobody gives a **** if you a neutral.

    Going to be in Dublin Friday myself so of I don't get out of work to make the 6 bus back to Dundalk, I might tip out to Tallaght myself (if it ain't sold out by then)

  12. #11
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2022
    Posts
    212
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    31
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Big weekend ahead if we can beat Bohs combined with Dundalk and little old Shels taking points off Derry and Pats it will be a big step forward and make the following weeks match in Derry into a must win for Derry.
    Having said that we have been poor and id take two draws with Bohs and Derry now in our next two matches and just keep them at arms length.
    Pats have a chance to stamp themselves firmly into the reconing but Shels are tough to beat ...as we well know.

    If Cork beat Sligo they are only 3 points behind and Sligo are firmly in the relgation playoff mix.
    That being said its hard to see Waterford based on recent evidence being a match for a Premier league Team,,,,,,maybe they would enjoy the underdog tag.

    The First Division is starting to shake out and with a 4 point gap from 5th Wexford to joint sixth place Longford and Treaty things are startoing to look fairly settled.
    Both 6th place teams have big asks this weekend....would be a shame for everything to be settled so early.
    Bohs haven't won an away game in the league since the 21st of April! Ball is very much in Rovers court with them winning their last 5 home games. I'll never believe this poor mouthing from the Rovers camp, I've been burnt by that before. There's a reason Rovers are top of the table at the moment and it's not just the poor form of the rest of the league.

  13. #12
    International Prospect sbgawa's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    6,108
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    188
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    840
    Thanked in
    632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Bohs haven't won an away game in the league since the 21st of April! Ball is very much in Rovers court with them winning their last 5 home games. I'll never believe this poor mouthing from the Rovers camp, I've been burnt by that before. There's a reason Rovers are top of the table at the moment and it's not just the poor form of the rest of the league.
    Im not poor mouthing for the sake of it
    You are excluding two abject performances in Europe in that run of games.
    Also Cork and UCD (with all due respect) couldnt have us handing out plaudits.
    Dundalk should have got something last week .
    IMO the only decent performance was the Derry game but that is what gives me hope for the Bohs and Derry games...hopefully when we really need it we can perform

  14. #13
    First Team Calcio Jack's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,322
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    148
    Thanked in
    100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Im not poor mouthing for the sake of it
    You are excluding two abject performances in Europe in that run of games.
    Also Cork and UCD (with all due respect) couldnt have us handing out plaudits.
    Dundalk should have got something last week .
    IMO the only decent performance was the Derry game but that is what gives me hope for the Bohs and Derry games...hopefully when we really need it we can perform
    It’s against the lower placed teams we’ve struggled ; contrast only 9 points from 27 from having played Shels, Cork & Drogs three times each and 20 points from matches against Bohs,Pats & Derry…. Even more bizarrely only one win (v Cork) so far against S/C/D and only a single loss (c Derry) against B/P/D

  15. #14
    Seasoned Pro ger121's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,960
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    256
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    550
    Thanked in
    321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    I've been to a few Rovers Bohs games in Tallaght and nobody gives a **** if you a neutral.

    Going to be in Dublin Friday myself so of I don't get out of work to make the 6 bus back to Dundalk, I might tip out to Tallaght myself (if it ain't sold out by then)
    Whoosh!!

  16. #15
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Feb 2023
    Posts
    109
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    22
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    15
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    I know a guy that celebrated in Tallaght once and the locals picked him up like cavemen and put him on the next direct bus to Phibsboro.

  17. #16
    Reserves
    Joined
    Jul 2022
    Posts
    303
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cláirseach View Post
    I know a guy that celebrated in Tallaght once and the locals picked him up like cavemen and put him on the next direct bus to Phibsboro.
    He was a hoop fan too.

  18. #17
    Capped Player SkStu's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,848
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,326
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    4,743
    Thanked in
    2,586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cláirseach View Post
    I know a guy that celebrated in Tallaght once and the locals picked him up like cavemen and put him on the next direct bus to Phibsboro.
    True story.

  19. #18
    International Prospect Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,027
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1,334
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1,224
    Thanked in
    861 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cláirseach View Post
    I know a guy that celebrated in Tallaght once and the locals picked him up like cavemen and put him on the next direct bus to Phibsboro.
    There are direct buses??

  20. #19
    International Prospect De Town's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,071
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    86
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    272
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Harps title charge starts this week.
    Donegal Daily certainly haven't given up hope of a title challenge anyway based on their headline from last week's game.

    https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/08...%20Finn%20Park.

  21. #20
    Seasoned Pro joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    3,614
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    278
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    448
    Thanked in
    337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by De Town View Post
    Donegal Daily certainly haven't given up hope of a title challenge anyway based on their headline from last week's game.

    https://www.donegaldaily.com/2023/08...%20Finn%20Park.
    Donegal Daily is about the equivalent of the Sun so I wouldn’t pay much heed….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. LOI fixtures - Friday 22nd Sept to Monday 25th Sept
    By ToberonaTornado in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 27/09/2017, 3:55 PM
  2. Replies: 505
    Last Post: 13/09/2016, 9:50 AM
  3. Weekend Latest (10/11 Sept.)
    By thischarmingman in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 13/09/2010, 10:15 PM
  4. Weekend Latest 3rd Sept
    By Monaghan United FC in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03/09/2010, 7:43 PM
  5. Weekend Results 26/27/28 Sept
    By Neil in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27/09/2003, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •