Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Games Weekend 1st Sept to 6th Sept

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    In fairness to bohs considering they had the league won in march its got to be disappointing. I'm sure lambert will have a league table tomorrow with bohs on top. Best pies maybe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    I meant Shels four points off third place (ie Pat's)

Fourth Euro spot mayn't go to fourth in the league with the way the cup is going.
    Ah, right. Misread that. It’s that kind of a league this year. Pretty tight, so a couple of results can swing things big time. I reckon we’re playing for third now. Hard not to see Rovers winning it. Derry should get second. We haven’t really played well for a few games, so in a way tonight was coming. Generally we look solid defensively though, since the return of Joe Redmond. We may well have seen out a victory tonight without the sending off. We need a spark creatively though, no doubt about it.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    141 Posts
    Waterford are a one-man wonder and the loss of Coughlan has had the expected result. I’d fancy Athlone in the play-offs ahead of the Blahs.
    Sligo are stinking the place out in the last few weeks, how they haven’t hooshed out Russell is a surprise, Cork have a great chance to catch them.
    If Waterford advance as First Division play-off finalists there won’t be a worry in the world for Cork or Sligo; but if Athlone make it, all bets are off, as they say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    In fairness to bohs considering they had the league won in march its got to be disappointing. I'm sure lambert will have a league table tomorrow with bohs on top. Best pies maybe.
    Rovers fans had the league won before last season was even done. 4 in a row this, 4 in a row that. Come back to us in November.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Rovers fans had the league won before last season was even done. 4 in a row this, 4 in a row that. Come back to us in November.
    This is a bit of a mad statement, even as a fan of their now nearest challenger I’d expect them to come back to youse in November alright…

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    The first thing Sligo need to do is put Richard Brush in goals,can’t play Conor Walsh anymore for his and their own sake…..
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    This is a bit of a mad statement, even as a fan of their now nearest challenger I’d expect them to come back to youse in November alright…
    Aye, talk about setting yerself up!! There may be a couple of twists to this league yet but looking less likely for title challengers and more like relegation playoff great escapes. sbgwa was lining thing up well well before login in fiarness and got a bite so cant be too harsh on ger.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 02/09/2023 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Have we finally found a performance to match Sligos famous night in Tallaght ?!?!

Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    I'm not confident of Waterford's play off chances after the last few weeks. We're missing our two best players Coughlan and Baggley so that's the only excuse. Hopefully they are back from injury soon as the rest of the team are average.
    Athlone were good last night and will fancy their chances in first division play offs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    They probably will but my point was Rovers fans get ahead of themselves just as much as fans of other clubs. Anyone remember after the CL 1st round draw? They had themselves already in the PO round at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    9th points total to games played since a return to 10 teams in 2018:
    2018 Limerick 27/36
    2019 Finn Harps 28/36
    2020 Shelbourne 19/18
    2021 Waterford 42/36
    2022 UCD 26/36

7. Drogheda 35/29
    8. Sligo 30/29
    9. Cork 27/29

36 points should be enough for Sligo or Cork to finish 8th.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Treaty the better side in Cobh last night, a draw probably would have been the fairest result though.

Must win game vs Wexford now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Must win game vs Wexford now.
    A playoff 6 pointer. Wexford and Treaty are away to Galway and Waterford in the final game.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Have we finally found a performance to match Sligos famous night in Tallaght ?!?!

tbf, I was at the game, Dun created more chances in this than they have all season, Maher was inspired. Dun wouldnt stop a bus at the back though.
    BetweenTheStripes.net - Home of Between the Stripes LOI podcast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    tbf, I was at the game, Dun created more chances in this than they have all season, Maher was inspired. Dun wouldnt stop a bus at the back though.
    It’s becoming a bit of a narrative that Dundalk create a lot of chances in games. The players even talking about xG in interviews. That’s all well and good but the aim of the game it to put the ball in the back of the onion sack and they haven’t been good enough in games. KA, Rovers and now Derry are very recent examples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post

Dundalk were easily beaten last night. Not sure what O'Donnell is seeing. They've been dreadful for quite some weeks now already.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Jaysus rovers win 3 nil but its all down to the referee ??
    It could have been 5 or 6.
    Yes they did - and yes it could.

All games revolve around momentum - and incidents can change the entire nature of the game.

Towell should have at least been booked for kicking the legs from under a Bohs player in the first minute (I think it warranted a red card for violent conduct) - that would have stopped him continuously kicking people, like it did after he was booked at the start of the second half.

Bohs were denied a stonewall penalty and potentially a second one early in the first half - either of those given and the complexion of the game changes completely. I also think Bohs should have had a penalty in the second half when Afolabi was belted in the back of the head.

Now - Rovers also had two penalty shouts for handball

But it is a different game if Bohs are one up early in the first half - doesn't mean that Bohs would have won or that Rovers would not have gone on to dominate the second half - but it would have been a different game if there was a competent referee on the pitch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts
    This sob story narrative from SO'D is becoming a bit tiresome to be honest.

20. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    Towell should really have got a card at the start of the game and then there was a penalty against (Finn?). I find it very strange that the ref didn't make those two decisions. This may be another reason, along with the lack of competition highlighted by Stuart Byrne, why Shamrocks have been so poor in Europe. Those two decisions would have been given, but in the league of Ireland they most of the time do not have to worry about how they tackle early in matches.
    A bit surprised at the Waterford results recently. I don't expect Galway to get it easy in Longford tonight, but a great incentive there now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    They probably will but my point was Rovers fans get ahead of themselves just as much as fans of other clubs. Anyone remember after the CL 1st round draw? They had themselves already in the PO round at least.
    Not sure about hoops fans on here getting ahead of themselves as we have been very average for the majority of the Season and have said so here all Season. But last night was by far our best performance of the year and as the game went on it you could see the confidence flowing back into players. Richie Towell was brilliant snapping at the heels of any Bohs player in Possession. The 3 center backs done really well, Poom is class and then to be able to bring on Clarkey and Ferrugia. I think we can now go on and win the league. Bohs just never got going, brilliant support from their fans but it did look like at the end of the game when the team went over to them that some supporters gave negative feedback. Very refreshing to see the ref not ruin the game with cards galore. I think we got some decisions at times that were a little iffy but am probably in the minority of Rovers fans on that observation. Great atmosphere which will only improve again when the new stand opens. I wonder how many away tickets will the club gives when it is opened.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast