Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Cheerio League Cup.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cheerio League Cup.

Whilst it is rated as the third competition, I am as disappointed with our loss to Derry City last night. We had some wonderful nights out of this competition and our recent good run has now come to an end. It's a rare achievement to have had both cups in our possession and for that twelve months many Town supporters have had pictures taken with these two cups.... Alot of old timers would never have believed this day would have came. Another disappointing element of this years loss is the awarding of a Setanta Cup place to the eventual winners.

Congratulations and best of luck to Derry in the final. The treble is still on.
    Reporter: "Gordan, can we have a quick word?"
    Strachan:"Velocity"

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Of course I'm disappointed with lastnight's result..,but I do think that our form in the league is more important,we're looking good in 4th place.Who knows?We may even finish in the top 3
    We need to concentrate on the league,I believe finishing 3rd in the league is as good as winning the league,perhaps i wouldn't be saying this if I stepped back 24hrs.
    If we continue our recent form I think it will be another successfull season.
    The only interesting answers are those which destroy the questions!

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    derry were very much up to it the other night. we were shockin in the first half but we were defending well until the first goal! barry got booked for mouthin at the ref which he was justified to do as it was a disgraceful tackle on one of our players!

we fell asleep for the second goal and tbh when barry scored it looked like we were back in the game until that ridiculous decison to send off barry! beckett made a meal of it!

but paiso was fierce unlucky not to score when his majestic header looked certain to go in until forde somehow tipped around the post!

very disappointing indeed and the lads will be a big loss for saturday! it will be a tough game for us saturday -ucd will be up for it. im sorry to say it i dont fancy our chances sat night!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?