Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weekend 11/12/13th fixtures

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    That's the annoying thing we kept him so so quiet and then the one time we left him one v one he murdered us
    The longer the game went on the stronger Athlone became. Pierrot is a class act and will be a huge loss if he departs Athlone Town. Thought we were fierce unlucky. OBrien Whitmarsh hit the post and Christian nearly scored with a superb bicycle kick! Very entertaining game. I wouldnt give up on us missing playoffs as Wexford have lost the same amount of games as us!
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Margerusan was massively unlucky when with bohs, three serious injuries in three seasons, gutting.
    Keith long kept him on as he was sold on the lads talent but he couldn’t get back fitness, seems to have it back now though.
    Really hope this kid ends up playing top end premier because of his attitude in battling back, wouldn’t be surprised to see a certain Waterford manager come calling either.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Agree about their keeper, didn’t realise he’s only 17. Very impressive for that age.
    He is. Huge kick outs that easily reach the opposite 18 yard box.

Rode our luck a wee bit tonight, making some silly mistakes that we got away with. Foley really should have scored.
    Drogs, as expected, sat in and defended well. Our slow build up play wasn't really working. When we finally put some quick passing moves together, we made the breakthrough.
    The second and third goals came with quick movement too, though Drogs were pushing forward and leaving gaps at the back.
    Very happy overall, and sets us up nicely for Thursday night.
    Six wins in a row at the Brandywell now. Maybe, just maybe, we're finally sorting out our home form?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Margerusan was massively unlucky when with bohs, three serious injuries in three seasons, gutting.
    Keith long kept him on as he was sold on the lads talent but he couldn’t get back fitness, seems to have it back now though.
    Really hope this kid ends up playing top end premier because of his attitude in battling back, wouldn’t be surprised to see a certain Waterford manager come calling either.
    He's missed a fair bit of time for us through injury too but when he does get a few games under his belt he's very good.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Good performance at the Brandywell tonight. Think Derry had won one of their last five against Drogheda before that - and any night you score three against a typically tough-to-beat team is worth toasting.

Drogs had a couple of very good chances, but on another night Derry would have had six. Waxed them in the second half bar one three-minute spell. Confidence looks sky-high, way different from what it was a couple of months ago.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Derry in the first half huffed and puffed and could have been behind only Maher made a tremendous save to deny Foley who really should have scored. Maher has made a few big saves in games over the last few weeks now. The first half was slow and laboured at times although when we did inject a bit of pace into our play we managed to cut them open and score just prior to half time. Great play from Duffy to play the ball into McEneff with a tidy finish.

Second half when we made our changes you could see the difference in quality of play. McMullen, Patching, Fats and McGonigle coming on made us tick along a lot more fluently and some of the quick interchanges made it difficult for Drogheda to compete with. Two quick fire goals came our way and they where more than deserved. Drogs overall arent the same side they where at the beginning of the season losing a few key men.

Hopefully the start of a good week for us though. Onwards to Thursday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Battery Rover View Post
    Story doing the rounds since midweek that someone has a sizeable bid in for him. I believe his brother plays for Macabi Haifa
    I was wondering was that his brother alright. Frantzdy Pierrot and Frantz Pierrot. It was a very similar background - moved to US when in his teens and played in College there.

When I saw him in our first meeting with Athlone I was really impressed. He's incredibly strong on the ball, really good at holding it up and obviously is well able to finish.

The thing is I don't think there's any way they're going to sell him to another League of Ireland club. The whole Valeo project would surely be about moving players on to a higher level than just League of Ireland. I know they have some kind of club in Portugal but again I think that would be too low a level.

If he sticks with Athlone for the season I definitely think they could surprise Waterford in the playoffs.

To be fair Waterford were decent on Friday, better than earlier in the season, and should have won but for a bit of an error from the 'keeper. It likely wouldn't have mattered had we lost but getting the draw means it's definitely a case of 'when' and not 'will' we lift the title.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Derry 3/1 to win the league looks like a good bet at this point. There's a lot riding on Clarke and Farrugia coming back strong for us and Gaffney staying fit. Byrne should be back as well but it's the pace of the wingbacks we need back. Derrys bench last night was frightening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Just catching up on some of the First division highlights from the weekend and some of the goalkeeping is atrocious,Lee Axworthy might be one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen,Galways equaliser and Treatys goal on Friday were from some more bad goalkeeping aswell....
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Just catching up on some of the First division highlights from the weekend and some of the goalkeeping is atrocious,Lee Axworthy might be one of the worst goalkeepers I've ever seen,Galways equaliser and Treatys goal on Friday were from some more bad goalkeeping aswell....
    Corey Chambers has done very well since joining but made a bad mistake for Wexford's winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Corey Chambers has done very well since joining but made a bad mistake for Wexford's winner.
    Axworthy then kept his first clean sheet in the league for Kerry on Friday. The LOITV commentators didn't want to jinx things before the late corner that Kerry had actually been defending corners well for the whole game!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234