Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Weekend 28th/29th July

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    You obviously missed his interview last weekend where he said he tried to sign junior players from the region and they turned him down, although you probably didn't considering you spent long enough rabbiting on that he didn't do interviews despite the fact that he's on local radio every single Saturday morning. Corey Chambers has come in as a goalkeeper, if you can find a fella locally who is good enough and wants to play then you're a genius.

Young 16/17 year old goalkeeper on the bench that's touted for big things, Scott Kirkland & Lee Devitt starting, Fionn Doherty on the bench, Darren Nwankwo suspended, Willie Armshaw injured, Mark Murphy (still underage) injured. Nikodem Kozlowski and Robbie Lynch still underage and probably being saved for their own games.

If you'd some bit of knowledge I wouldn't mind but if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off.

Go away and read Beano for yourself.
    Didnt miss it,the big thing out of that chat was Tommy aligning Treatys setup wih Kerrys...didnt hear an interview after last weeks defeat,nor after the Waterford humiliation and thats just two..The junior player item isnt that big a deal ,,their junior players for a reason however there are a few worth looking at. .The club have 40players between 17s/19s why block their progress into the squad to gain experience and game time for the likes of signing guys like Joe o Gorman, amongst others, for instance,you have mentioned a couple and we are 3 seasons in.Nwankwo is a case in point ...St Pats played a 15 year old lately they werent saving him for his age group .If that 17s keeper is as good as you say why not keep him in the squad why are the club signing journey men when we have the talent here.Tommy has said theres no point in going up so play our own ,sprinkle a few seniors with them........Never had a mask on btw which says more about your brains than mine.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Didnt miss it,the big thing out of that chat was Tommy aligning Treatys setup wih Kerrys...didnt hear an interview after last weeks defeat,nor after the Waterford humiliation and thats just two..The junior player item isnt that big a deal ,,their junior players for a reason however there are a few worth looking at. .The club have 40players between 17s/19s why block their progress into the squad to gain experience and game time for the likes of signing guys like Joe o Gorman, amongst others, for instance,you have mentioned a couple and we are 3 seasons in.Nwankwo is a case in point ...St Pats played a 15 year old lately they werent saving him for his age group .If that 17s keeper is as good as you say why not keep him in the squad why are the club signing journey men when we have the talent here.Tommy has said theres no point in going up so play our own ,sprinkle a few seniors with them........Never had a mask on btw which says more about your brains than mine.
    There's an interview from the Wexford game on Live95. I'd have to back and check the Waterford loss but you're making a big deal out of a fella not doing an interview on one occasion.

If we put in 17s and 19s every week we'd be at the foot of the First Division like Kerry and then you'd complain that we've too many academy players and need more senior pros. The academy players I mentioned are just a few that have featured this year, there are many more across the three seasons.

The difference between the Limerick region and St. Pat's is that they're producing a lot better players than we ever have. How many young lads have gone to England from here? We have had two Limerick lads play a handful of games in the Premiership at the start of the 00s and 10s and no Senior international in 40 years.

There are some academy players and graduates I'd like to see more of and hopefully we do soon. Fionn Doherty would have a lot more appearances this season but for injury and I'd see Niko will feature more too. There's probably others that I haven't seen enough of to form an opinion.

I've probably given you this same reply tens of times before but I've no doubt you'll just complain again if we drop points tomorrow.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Problem as I see it is fans now want and expect playoffs and difficult to maintain that year on year but do agree with bishop that younger is the way to go and just accept the beatings . Probably should go pro if possible though and sell a few on as lost good young players in the last few years to pro teams and local lads too McNamara McCarthy mcsweeney o Connell that I can recall. Agree re Joe Gorman not a good signing but from what I heard was let go by Barrett fairly quick when he realised he wasn't good for the group . Plenty of local players in the current squad devitt , armshaw Walsh all regulars and the likes of Kirkland and Quinilivian Doherty all making squads regularly . Kerry have plenty of non Kerry lads and plenty of experienced players also in the two big centre back hanafin Matt Keane etc. As far as I am aware Kerry and treaty are the only amatuer clubs in the division save Kerry getting a few in on loan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234