Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weekend 28th/29th July

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Brabinteely fall out of the play off places, that's some achievement in that league. The sheen gone right off Ian Ryan. He surely can't survive the chop at the end of the season if he doesn't make play offs. Pressure well and truly on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    wonder what bucko must be thinking after signing upto our sh1tshow. must have deep deep regrets

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    Danny Grant changed the game entirely.
    He did more in his 1st two mi utes than Connolly or Akintunde did all night.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Wexford deserved their win,Treaty were woeful especially second half,Conor Winn very poor and very unfit ,Tommy Barrett has added three more to his squad continuing his policy of aquiring ANYBODY not from the midwest whilst at the same time hitching his interviews about the Treaty project,ie the academy and player locally sourced from the midwest plus the endless by now boring sermons on amateur status ,cant strenghten ,everbody else is fulltime blah blah.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Wexford deserved their win,Treaty were woeful especially second half,Conor Winn very poor and very unfit ,Tommy Barrett has added three more to his squad continuing his policy of aquiring ANYBODY not from the midwest whilst at the same time hitching his interviews about the Treaty project,ie the academy and player locally sourced from the midwest plus the endless by now boring sermons on amateur status ,cant strenghten ,everbody else is fulltime blah blah.
    You obviously missed his interview last weekend where he said he tried to sign junior players from the region and they turned him down, although you probably didn't considering you spent long enough rabbiting on that he didn't do interviews despite the fact that he's on local radio every single Saturday morning. Corey Chambers has come in as a goalkeeper, if you can find a fella locally who is good enough and wants to play then you're a genius.

Young 16/17 year old goalkeeper on the bench that's touted for big things, Scott Kirkland & Lee Devitt starting, Fionn Doherty on the bench, Darren Nwankwo suspended, Willie Armshaw injured, Mark Murphy (still underage) injured. Nikodem Kozlowski and Robbie Lynch still underage and probably being saved for their own games.

If you'd some bit of knowledge I wouldn't mind but if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off.

Go away and read Beano for yourself.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Let's call a spade a spade, hes working with scraps down there. The Treaty "project" hasn't worked. Club is regressing as opposed to growing and it's only 3 years in. You'd already be fearing that they will end on the Limerick LOI scrap heap like the Limerick clubs of the past.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken View Post
    Let's call a spade a spade, hes working with scraps down there. The Treaty "project" hasn't worked. Club is regressing as opposed to growing and it's only 3 years in. You'd already be fearing that they will end on the Limerick LOI scrap heap like the Limerick clubs of the past.
    Fairly unfounded.

The club hasn't regressed, attendances are on par with last year albeit could be better. More work in the community needed for sure, but it takes time to convert people when for the last 80+ years every iteration of the previous clubs had Limerick in the title.

Academy doing well including a WU17 title and countless internationals, a Women's team that has done alright outside of last year and a Men's team overperforming for the most part.

I do understand what you're saying in some sense but think it's fairly premature to say it hasn't worked. The goal is to be there for the long run and not just to crash and burn every ten years. It's a slow burner but only by continuing to reach out will results be seen.
    Last edited by Shearer; 28/07/2023 at 11:44 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Delighted with Shels' third win over Cork this season, mostly didn't have to break much sweat with little stress

That Cork City team is the worst full-time professional team I've seen at Premier Division level since.. em well Cork City in 2020
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    He did more in his 1st two mi utes than Connolly or Akintunde did all night.
    Thought Connolly played well myself. His end product was a bit hit and miss but he created a fair few chances in the first half that should have been put away. Thought Byrne also played very well. Really composed on the ball, won plenty of aeriel battles and stopped a few attacks before they even started. We need a new left back and keeper as a matter of urgency though. Talbot just can't catch the ball anymore and we drastically improved when Flores moved to left back.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    What’s the story with Twardek and O'Sullivan this season? Both seem to have done very little. Is it injury problems, a lack of form when they’ve played or are they just not fancied by Devine?
    Paaatrick's Agletic

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    821 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Fairly unfounded.

The club hasn't regressed, attendances are on par with last year albeit could be better. More work in the community needed for sure, but it takes time to convert people when for the last 80+ years every iteration of the previous clubs had Limerick in the title.

Academy doing well including a WU17 title and countless internationals, a Women's team that has done alright outside of last year and a Men's team overperforming for the most part.

I do understand what you're saying in some sense but think it's fairly premature to say it hasn't worked. The goal is to be there for the long run and not just to crash and burn every ten years. It's a slow burner but only by continuing to reach out will results be seen.
    Just think it's hilarious for anyone to think Barrett is the problem, yes, I like him personally, but if he was doing a bad job I'd call it out. I was speaking to people down there earlier in the season and the club are barely even able to provide the basics for the team at times. When the hammered Longford earlier this season it was the best performance I've seen from any side against us.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I really don’t understand the whole thing about wanting most of your squad to be from the club's local area. I think I saw someone on here use the same thing as a potential reason as to why Longford's crowds are so small because they have so many players from Dublin.

Personally I couldn’t care less what part of the world any of the Pats players come from, I care about how good they are. Yes I understand it’s nice to have a few locals in the team but by all accounts if there was a much better player available from Cork, or Beijing, I’d be all for replacing the local lad. It’s a strange GAA type mindset in my opinion
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    I was surprised by how many things Tommy Barrett was doing on Matchday when I visited Treaty this year. Very much just a glance from an outsider but they seem like a club where a handful more volunteers would make a huge, huge difference.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    What’s the story with Twardek and O'Sullivan this season? Both seem to have done very little. Is it injury problems, a lack of form when they’ve played or are they just not fancied by Devine?
    Twardek has done alright when given a chance but he's clearly down the pecking order. O'Sullivan has been a disaster of a signing and sums up the last days of the Keith Long era really. Supposedly on a pretty hefty contract too.

15. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    I think Galway utd are almost there after so many years in the graveyard the promised land is in sight

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitd View Post
    I think Galway utd are almost there after so many years in the graveyard the promised land is in sight
    Anyone know what’s the biggest points total for a first division league winner and points difference to second

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Feel bad for Twardek. He has done well when he's played. He has his limitations but so do most players in this league. Up until the last 3-4 weeks I would certainly have started Twardek over Connolly just because of Twardeks effort in attack and defence but Connolly looks like he's turned a bit of a corner he played really well in both games against Shels and was very good last night imo. If he can get a bit of consistency in his end product he'll have had a good season.

O'Sullivan was probably a bad signing last year who then picked up an injury and only got back to fitness before the start of the season. Aside from his goal against Dundalk he hasn't been up to much but he's also been playing on the wing which just doesn't look like his position. I thought he was a CM but if that's the case he'll have a hard time getting any minutes. Clarke and McManus should start every game. Bucko is the club captain so will likely play a fair bit. Flores is a bit inconsistent but has a great set piece to justify his inclusion. McDonnell is a bit of a jack of all trades, he can play most positions across the middle decently enough and has a good engine to track back and Coote excels centrally! He can create something out of nothing and very nearly did last night. That's more than enough to rotate throughout the season without even considering playing O'Sullivan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitd View Post
    Anyone know what’s the biggest points total for a first division league winner and points difference to second
    Limerick won it by 23 points in 2016,it was only a 28 game season aswell ,dropped only 9 points ….

Cobh got 77 points in 2007 in a 36 game season ,its the highest points total as far as I can see ….

Limerick’s 75 in 28 games in 2016 is definitely the most impressive though….
    Last edited by joey B; 29/07/2023 at 10:34 AM.
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    333 Posts
    They just aren’t up to it to get a place in the starting XI

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Another Bohemia View Post
    Thought Connolly played well myself. His end product was a bit hit and miss but he created a fair few chances in the first half that should have been put away. Thought Byrne also played very well. Really composed on the ball, won plenty of aeriel battles and stopped a few attacks before they even started. We need a new left back and keeper as a matter of urgency though. Talbot just can't catch the ball anymore and we drastically improved when Flores moved to left back.
    Agreed on Talbot and Kirk.
    Connolly’s pace is frightening but his decision making and final delivery are so frustrating. More of them than not his final ball disappoints.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast