Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irish Abroad 2023/24

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts

Irish Abroad 2023/24

Usually it's Irish players at a Northern Ireland or Welsh club in European competition who are the first players to appear in a season, but this year it's the Shamrock Rovers players who have that honour
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    I'm joined again by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick to discuss Group B in the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup - what can Ireland expect in the three group games against co-hosts Australia, Olympic champions Canada, and African Cup of Nations semi finalists Nigeria? We make our predictions for each group, and how we expect the tournament to go.

(note this was recorded after the friendly against Colombia, but before the extent of Denise O'Sullivan's injury was known)
    acast
    Spotify
    iTunes
    Google Podcasts
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    John Ryan (19), formerly of Shamrock Rovers, UCD and Sassuolo of Serie A, is on trial at Reading and played in the Royals' home 0-2 defeat to QPR.
    (The Reading Chronicle, 25 July).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick? to review the performances of the Republic of Ireland's Women's team in the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup. What did we think of how the side played against co-hosts Australia, Olympic Champions Canada, and African Cup of Nations semi finalists Nigeria, and who did we think excelled from the squad?
    acast
    Spotify
    iTunes
    Google Podcasts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    New season kicked off in the UK yesterday.
    Live updates on Twitter are dead (thanks Elon) so if you're on mastodon, you can follow the live updates here - https://mastodon.ie/@irish_abroad - or follow the Live blog on the site itself https://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Live
    Daily summaries will be posted to instagram - https://www.instagram.com/irish_football_statistics/ - and facebook - https://www.facebook.com/irishfootballstatistics/

Last edited by tetsujin1979; 05/08/2023 at 10:28 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    In the 8 EFL Championship games today, I make it 14 of the BIG (incl Szmodics) starting, while 14 are on the bench. Any advance on that?
    Last edited by Demesne Lad; 05/08/2023 at 2:41 PM. Reason: Update

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demesne Lad View Post
    In the 8 EFL Championship games today, I make it 14 of the BIG (incl Szmodics) starting, while 14 are on the bench. Any advance on that?
    I make it 13 starters, 16 on the bench, with 13 of the subs coming on. Plus two that we know could play for us if they wanted (Delap and Jutkiewicz)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    I've got 14 starting players, plus 17 substitutes
    https://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Live

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    I've got 14 starting players, plus 17 substitutes
    https://irish-abroad.appspot.com/Live
    Ah, missed Duffy and Gilbert. Speaking of Gilbert, along with Emakhu, Okagbue, Springett, Vaughan, and Wright, there has been a significant broadening of potential options for the near future in just eight games today

International Prospect passinginterest's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    424 Posts
    I use fantasy football hub for a bit of insight to fantasy premier league (https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk...dicted-lineups). Not sure if you can read the article without a membership. They've put their predicted starting lineups for the opening games up. Of the Irish players they're predicting a start for Joe Hodge and Dara O'Shea and they have John Egan starting in central midfield for Sheffield United (not sure if there's a formatting issue there or if Egan has actually played there in pre-season?). I don't seen any of the other Irish predicted to start, Obafemi and possibly Cullen (not mentioned) ruled out with injury it seems. Ferguson, Doherty and Ogbene not predicted to start for their clubs.

Tallaght Stadium Regular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    I'm joined by Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit of Football to discuss Stephen Kenny's squad to face France and the Netherlands, Jim Crawford's U21 squad to face Turkiye and San Marino - how will the Boys in Green fare against two sides in the top ten in the world?
    acast
    spotify
    itunes
    Google Podcasts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    live stream of the U17 womens friendly against Portugal on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ffmB4EKU3k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    I'm joined by Mark Kennedy of Hawkeye Sidekick, Philip Flanagan of The Bottomless Pit of Football, and James Carew of pogmogoal to discuss the two Euro 2024 qualifiers against France and the Netherlands, and what the results mean for the manager Stephen Kenny - how close are we now to the end of his reign, and who will take over after him?

Also, James learns the forfeit he has to pay after guaranteeing that Josh Cullen would be sold by Burnley in the summer...
    acast
    Spotify
    Apple podcasts
    Google podcasts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    I'm joined on the show by Mark O'Brien to discuss his life in football, from moving to Derby at 15, winning Ireland U16 Player of the Year, making his senior debut, and being diagnosed with a leaking aorta (all in the space of 12 months!) the recovery from that, and another serious injury, to playing in Scotland, non-league, and scoring one of the most important goals in Newport County history.

acast
    Spotify
    Apple Podcasts
    Google Podcasts

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    I'm joined on the show by Mark O'Brien to discuss his life in football, from moving to Derby at 15, winning Ireland U16 Player of the Year, making his senior debut, and being diagnosed with a leaking aorta (all in the space of 12 months!) the recovery from that, and another serious injury, to playing in Scotland, non-league, and scoring one of the most important goals in Newport County history.

acast
    Spotify
    Apple Podcasts
    Google Podcasts
    Great stuff, will give this a listen, I was at one of his early games for Derby & he looked like a 70 cap CB in the making. Awful luck.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Great stuff, will give this a listen, I was at one of his early games for Derby & he looked like a 70 cap CB in the making. Awful luck.
    Thanks, he's an interesting guy. I'll bump his thread too

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    The stats people at WhoScored have produced a table of the best early-season individual performers in EFL One, "using over 200 raw statistics weighted according to their influence in the game, a player rating is recorded for the division’s players."

In the Top 20, Eiran Cashin (7.29) is at no.11, Conor Hourihane (7.31) is at no. 9 and Stephen Negru (7.50) is ranked 4th.

Just for information, the top rating (7.59) went to Will Aimson of Exeter City.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    can I ask the forum's help in rigging an election?
    Voting for the Irish Podcast Awards is open, and the podcast I started with Mark and Phil during lockdown is eligible for the Listener's Choice Award.
    if you open the link below, and search for "Irish Football Fans" and cast your vote for , I'd really appreciate it
    https://www.theirishpodcastawards.ie/voting

You'll need to enter your email address, and they send you a link to confirm your vote
    Last edited by tetsujin1979; 17/10/2023 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,314 Posts
    can I ask the forum's help in rigging an election?
    Voting for the Irish Podcast Awards is open, and the podcast I started with Mark and Phil during lockdown is eligible for the Listener's Choice Award.
    if you open the link below, and search for "Irish Football Fans" and cast your vote for , I'd really appreciate it
    https://www.theirishpodcastawards.ie/voting

You'll need to enter your email address, and they send you a link to confirm your vote
    Quoting this to get a few more votes before voting closes tomorrow.
    I didn't know we were eligible until yesterday, so probably too late to be in the running, but every vote counts

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    858 Posts
    Done.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

22. Thanks From:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast