Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Back home to glenthorne
    Home to Glenthorn? Wasnt Johnny Cooney a Leeds man most of his life?

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AULBUSTER View Post
    Village want to improve why would they chase players from the Cow
    Because if you have watched any games outside of the AUL you’d realise the cow have been one of the best junior teams in cork. Taking into account performances in provincial and national tournaments

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Mayfield united won’t have an AUL side, they’re junior msl side can’t get numbers most seasons why would they set up another team, especially with Village, the cow Jaybazz and ash there, we all have our feelings and opinions on the shipping league but there’s a lot to said for fellas just wanting to play with there buddies, most of mayfield senior team aren’t even from mayfield , most young fellas who came up through that schoolboys system want nothing to do with the club, look at the ringmahon side in the final recently, McAlavey and Kaka their two best players, want nothing to do with the club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Feck that's about an honest assessment fo a situation as iv ever read in here.

2 often than not lads throw grenades on here an walk away.

That actually hit the nail on its head .

Great post

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Arent we all pub teams realistically? The Cow have a great front 3 and with Tony Reilly lots of goals to be scored any AUL team would snap them up in a heartbeat, that 4 better than most Premier Teams. Some good signings for Village, where do they all fit in tho?. Still need to strengthen their defence, left side looks goodish but right side is very suspect, I'd fancy my chances even at my age. I heard on the street today Johnny is heading up to Glenthorn maybe Gurta and Pa should have hung around for another few weeks before maybe decisions, Johnny will get some good signings up there. Also hearing Mayfield United are putting in an AUL team any truth in that? The banned main John C from the Glen is supposedly setting it up.
    The fella Keegan centre half for them is an exceptional player, played many years centre half at senior level, better than a lot of centre halves at premier level, they’re a decent side, they wouldn’t be going deep into the Munster and fai cups every other season if they weren’t all decent players at least

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballwasthere View Post
    The fella Keegan centre half for them is an exceptional player, played many years centre half at senior level, better than a lot of centre halves at premier level, they’re a decent side, they wouldn’t be going deep into the Munster and fai cups every other season if they weren’t all decent players at least
    Who did Keegan play at senior level with for many years .

Bar Jamie Murphy the rest of them are bang average.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agreed, they always seem to make it out of Cork every year and had a a unbelievable run in both junior cups in 2020. Their back four is very solid would walk into any Premier team imo, And I already mentioned the front four some firepower. Jamie Murphy played with Cobh Ramblers and Cork City sure ffs. As previously mentioned their a group of friends who just wanted to play ball together when Mayfield United didnt want them and they did. They've had the same squad for 10 years that's unheard really. If they do go and sign for Village they will bloster that team big time. Mayfield United must be kicking themselves with the talent they have let slip away. Rockmount have Jake Courtney, Mahon have Maca, Kaka, Chris Hull. Midelton had Dean O Connell. Avondale had Dave Kiely and Greg Kelly. Not to mention the Village lads. Absolutely crazy that none of them involved with the club

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I heard rumour fella in work told me there that Castleview junior manager offered senior job if true fair play good manager and good player and servant to the club.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Good weekend of ball coming up fellas, every game with a cup or league on the line.

Mossie Final - Grattan v Coachford
    Whichever side wins will be ending their season with a double and probably AUL team of the year on top of it. The Cross will probably suit Coachford a bit more and I can see them coming through this by a couple of goals.

Presidents Cup Final - Coachford B v Strand B
    Don’t know too much about either side but it’s a testament to both clubs that their Bs are competing in a final. Looking at the league table you’d have to fancy Coachford.

Division 1 - Shandon v Watergrasshill
    WGH coming off a very surprising result last weekend but have a chance to all but wrap up the league on Sunday morning and should get over Shandon.

Division 2 - Los Zarcos v Grattan B
    A draw will be enough to clinch the league for Los Zarcos whereas a win for Grattan will take it to a playoff between the two. I think Los Zarcos will have too much pace on their home patch against an aging Grattan side.

Division 3 - Rathcormac v Kilbrittain
    Rathcormac have a chance to make it two successful weekends on the trot as a win will clinch the league for them. Kilbrittain need at least a point to keep their own promotion hopes alive.

I’ll probably head to the two games in the Cross myself. Is anybody else on here heading elsewhere?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Coachford watergrasshill los zarcos if players not gone to cork game haha and Rathcormac coachford B my predictions for weekend think Coachford will have to much out in cross for Grattan but we’ll give it ago and enjoy the day.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Coachford watergrasshill los zarcos if players not gone to cork game haha and Rathcormac coachford B my predictions for weekend think Coachford will have to much out in cross for Grattan but we’ll give it ago and enjoy the day.
    What's this ref?you were talkin about a treble for your might gratts a few weeks back and now your tipping coachford?

Id say ull change your mind again tomorrow will ya?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Baller View Post
    Good weekend of ball coming up fellas, every game with a cup or league on the line.

Mossie Final - Grattan v Coachford
    Whichever side wins will be ending their season with a double and probably AUL team of the year on top of it. The Cross will probably suit Coachford a bit more and I can see them coming through this by a couple of goals.

Presidents Cup Final - Coachford B v Strand B
    Don’t know too much about either side but it’s a testament to both clubs that their Bs are competing in a final. Looking at the league table you’d have to fancy Coachford.

Division 1 - Shandon v Watergrasshill
    WGH coming off a very surprising result last weekend but have a chance to all but wrap up the league on Sunday morning and should get over Shandon.

Division 2 - Los Zarcos v Grattan B
    A draw will be enough to clinch the league for Los Zarcos whereas a win for Grattan will take it to a playoff between the two. I think Los Zarcos will have too much pace on their home patch against an aging Grattan side.

Division 3 - Rathcormac v Kilbrittain
    Rathcormac have a chance to make it two successful weekends on the trot as a win will clinch the league for them. Kilbrittain need at least a point to keep their own promotion hopes alive.

I’ll probably head to the two games in the Cross myself. Is anybody else on here heading elsewhere?
    Id say a coachford double,wgh,los zarcos and rathcormac.
    Huge weekends for both grattan and coachford clubs with both their A teams and B teams in contention same weekend

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No Joe I’m being honest now watched Coachford in Aoh final thought they were 100 times better on big pitch than they were last league game above in Grattan kills me to say

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Be a good game.

O'Sullivans of Coachford their main attacking threat while Bullman of Grattan could roll any defender.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's all living up to be a fantastic weekend for both clubs

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    It's a different manager moving to Mayfield from AUL.

You couldn't trust John Corcoran in charge of a team. He will be off to Ringmahon. He was joining them in January until he got the ban.
    I say you got rolled by Jonny c a few times or else you couldn’t get in a team he was heading ha ha .. some boy for a goal ..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSilvermint View Post
    I say you got rolled by Jonny c a few times or else you couldn’t get in a team he was heading ha ha .. some boy for a goal ..
    Ah look who it is back to defend his pet!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As much of a head case as he is John's a quality footballer. I think he's won everything in the AUL, multiple times in some cases. He should have went senior years ago as he had the talent but not the attitude. Similar to Vinny Lonergan, 2 players with a god given talent that should still be at the highest level. I know Vinny won a bit early in his MSL career but should have more.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Both sides have class players.
    Be brilliant to see the starting line up even now.
    Hasn't been a buzz about a final like this in a long time , hope there's a big crowd.
    Games being streamed live by Grattan which is a brilliant gesture.
    The Aul needs a massive final an these 2 teams will bring it big time.
    I think there's too much made of the so called Grattan legs thing.
    Lots of just bitterness.
    Be better off just wishing both teams well letting the battle commence.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Agree Jason anytime I watch grattan they seem to outwork the other time they don’t give fellas a second on the ball, the big pitch may favour coachford but grattan will work like dogs, any injuries for either side that we know of?