Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137
Results 2,721 to 2,731 of 2731

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He's an okay raw player maybe will kick on when he plays with better players. His brother was actually a better player than him can't remember his name when he was up at Village. I was at the AOH final he played okay it was 4-0, could of been 10-0 he played okay his pace got him out of trouble at times.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Leeside bounced back into Div 1 to be fair after lots of changes down there. Wilton do lack the facilities and that pitch seems to be always flooded. I think underage is key for those clubs you mentioned to have a good senior team but lots of kids now aren't even playing at a young age or drop out of the game after youths. The hunger for the game to do well for your club and community and beat your rivals is well gone. Lots of players will just jump ship nowadays from club to club wouldn't a care.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Keith was the brothers name, played two years cbl, looked a very good player, played another with village and was outstanding in a poor team, much better than Stephen, agree, buster is putting a target on villages back, Len will likely confront who you are if he finds out your name hahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym View Post
    Leeside bounced back into Div 1 to be fair after lots of changes down there. Wilton do lack the facilities and that pitch seems to be always flooded. I think underage is key for those clubs you mentioned to have a good senior team but lots of kids now aren't even playing at a young age or drop out of the game after youths. The hunger for the game to do well for your club and community and beat your rivals is well gone. Lots of players will just jump ship nowadays from club to club wouldn't a care.
    cant disagree with any of that

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Keegan played on Cork MJC teams at around the same age 19/20 I remember watching him v Kerry, Cork Aul & the Defence Forces.But sure must of been a poor team to get on I suppose. I agree Cow should of moved up but why move to satisfy others? Park, Kinsale, Leeside, Wilton, all moved up to senior when people kept saying they should have. Most of them are now struggling in second div senior. Young Centre half for Village you have to be talking about Gurta ya he's a fine player time will tell, you couldn't be talking about the rest of them because they are poor. Conceded 38 goals in just the league, Grattan and Coachford only conceded 11 each now that's two very good strong premier teams. Village we were well beaten by Ash and Jaybazz in pre season friendlies and beaten by UCC CBL in the MJC 4-1. You wanna come down off your Village high horse because there an average bottom half okay Premier team. Don't think Lenny be too happy you turning everyone off Village before pre season even begins
    What’s the point in destroying teams every week . No challenge for them . Under achievers. Village played 2 games last year I remember them conceding 7 or 8 goals in the two games . They had no team . And the games against ash and Jaybazz Lenny was making 6 subs every 10 mins so you can’t go off that . I’m on no village high horse but if they can bring in the young talent around mayfield why would they sign Keegan . He won’t leave the cow anyway .

I’m from mayfield and I’m watching there games and hearing what’s going on behind the scenes. Lenny will want nothing but hard work from fellas I think the man and his brother are going to bring massive success to that club

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's the point in Coachford and Grattan destroying teams every week? Village and the rest are no challenge to those teams and but with Grattan getting older, Coachford younger fitter will get stronger. They will be steam rolling over teams next year you mark my words. While i agree Cow should of went up into the AUL to play but how you say they under achieved? Nobody from the AUL might take their CBL trophies seriously but they were getting out of Cork nearly every season in both national cups and beaten some good teams along the way, The Glen, Ringmahon, Leeds, Midelton, The Dublin Crowd. So Village had no team so that's the excuse ? It takes two minutes to use Google on the day they were hammered by Grangevale to get the team sheet if you had a brain you would of worked that out for yourself. They were missing Butler a very good Goalkeeper and gurta good centre half that day but the rest of the starting 11 and subs is there squad the whole year. You my friend are clueless, who ever is telling you what's going on behind the scenes should stop. You make no sense on this site just lies and ignorance if you ask me. I've great time for lenny and I know most of the lads but they wanna take that phone from your grasp.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What's the point in Coachford and Grattan destroying teams every week? Village and the rest are no challenge to those teams and but with Grattan getting older, Coachford younger fitter will get stronger. They will be steam rolling over teams next year you mark my words. While i agree Cow should have went up into the AUL to play but how you say they under achieved? Nobody from the AUL might take their CBL trophies seriously but they were getting out of Cork nearly every season in both national cups and beaten some good teams along the way, The Glen, Ringmahon, Leeds, Midelton, The Dublin Crowd. So Village had no team so that's the excuse ? It takes two minutes to use Google on the day they were hammered by Grangevale to get the team sheet if you had a brain you would have worked that out for yourself. They were missing Butler a very good Goalkeeper and gurta good centre half that day but the rest of the starting 11 and subs is there squad the whole year. You my friend are clueless, who ever is telling you what's going on behind the scenes should stop. You make no sense on this site just lies and ignorance if you ask me. I've great time for lenny and I know most of the lads but they wanna take that phone from your grasp.
    Spot on

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I do agree however if Jamie Murohy has signed, his goals alone make them a threat to any team on any day, could potentially see a cup for them this year, you add in Dean, experienced player at senior leve, Pa, one of the best players in the last 20 years in the AUL regardless of age, he’s still a brilliant playe, Gorta a disciplined physical hard working fella who most midfielders would hate playing against and the lad Zack who by all accounts is a fine playe, there squad is definitely impressive this season, be interesting to see can Leonard make them gel

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    So come this time next year I’m expecting a coachford league and AOH double lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballwasthere View Post
    I do agree however if Jamie Murohy has signed, his goals alone make them a threat to any team on any day, could potentially see a cup for them this year, you add in Dean, experienced player at senior leve, Pa, one of the best players in the last 20 years in the AUL regardless of age, he’s still a brilliant playe, Gorta a disciplined physical hard working fella who most midfielders would hate playing against and the lad Zack who by all accounts is a fine playe, there squad is definitely impressive this season, be interesting to see can Leonard make them gel
    dean o connell is going to aul from midleton?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    dean o connell is going to aul from midleton?
    Yes, village posted that themselves on social media.