Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 2671

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    If this is true that the AUL are going in with Castleview all you do is say fair play to Castleview ,this is on top of a €100k grant for dressing rooms as part of the SEEP.

Castleview obviously being run well and look to be the top Club in the Northside.

All you can say is best of luck to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Castleview all weather definitely going ahead few meeting with Aul already I just don’t know how it will work great for the area to be fair but but Castleview have 2 Munster league teams there Aul team who will be competing for top honours next year so will them three teams get first privilege on it or will Aul have first pick of what games they want played on weekly basic a lot of work a lone sorted that side out but great if it can work.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Fair play to them on the astro but I don't think AUL should have done it if so. Maybe we will hear at AGM.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Michaels cup final booked for cobh end of this month so looks like aul have started securing other pitches with the turner's cross issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    excuse my ignorance here but ehhh how much money does the AUL have? i cant fathom that they've enough money sitting in the bank to hand to one club for an astro

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    They had 100K.

Be at 310K only for prior issue.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Glenthorn-Coachford off, we’re in April lads, clubs are going to have to suck it up and play on soft pitches, by the looks of it we won’t even be getting warm weather for the pitches to harden to teams should just get on with it

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Some lovely games in quarters of Aoh if the fav go through tin last 16

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Castleview also have 3 Grass Pitches excluding one potentially been converted to Astro. So use of one won't be an issue when they have 3 other options.

If it is to be a runner there will be more information come to light as with everything else funded by Grants

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballwasthere View Post
    Glenthorn-Coachford off, we’re in April lads, clubs are going to have to suck it up and play on soft pitches, by the looks of it we won’t even be getting warm weather for the pitches to harden to teams should just get on with it
    Pitches aren’t just soft they are drowned you would absolutely destroy them to play on them at the moment you would put them out of action for weeks they would actually be dangerous after a game

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Look let's call a spade a spade here an not blame all the worlds woes on the Aul.

If the Aul blockbooked an astro for an entire weekend from 6pm on Friday to 8pm on a Sunday an paid for the lot.

You would still have the same clubs pulling strokes and complaining it's not there set time an day so there not playing , no point denying we all know I'm right.

The teams at the top of each league will have no issues playing multiple games in quick succession , that's what big squad are for.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Well Jason if it was made clear to each club at the start of season this is what’s happening going forward then no one can’t complain but examples need to start from the top so the Aul will need to treat every team fairly and not pick and choose what team should play and what teams won’t and point I’m making is if certain teams have Gaa matches or dinner dances they should be no favouritism what’s so ever you play same as every other team I’ll give example each club were told at start of season you were only entitle to have one free weekend I can name two clubs that are after having three already end of rant.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fellas getting a bit carried away on here if im honest.. need to realise it the worst season weather wise probably ever seen, you could not have predicted this not to mind block booking an astro, a lot of business league teams play in Mayfield and some aul frequently, if anybody can find an astro that can be block booked for Friday to sunday without club owning it needing it for the club who has adult/youth teams or a place like Mayfield community that will just tell the teams who play there every week they can't have it then best of luck

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    A good benefit in the AUL compared to MSL is free weekends. If clubs have it in plenty of notice then I don't see a problem. But I guess one of those clubs took several and didn't start playing for weeks and then awards and dinners later was a lot.

There are definitely off peak times that astro can be booked. Club don't seem to want to. Some of the pitches will have the same problem every year so maybe they should look at astro. MSL Premier teams using them to their benefit all the way to bottom of CBL. Cobh looks fantastic.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Weather a side, the fixture lists every week have only been slightly better than last year which was not good! Lads giving out about teams having to play 3 times in 8 days or whatever but one look at the tables and it actually teams who have been playing their games are the ones getting punished. Harp, Greenwood B & Banteer are just examples of teams who have not had a league game fixed since weekend of 9th March. Thats just fixed, not even being called off due to weather! How are you spose to keep fellas interested with no sign of a game? At least Harp have a cup I spose but its still poor admin, Banteer should have their games completed now and let a team be done with it for the season but no sign of a game for them up to the 26th April!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    They are prioritising cups and the rest works around that the referee situation is making it very hard also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    A good benefit in the AUL compared to MSL is free weekends. If clubs have it in plenty of notice then I don't see a problem. But I guess one of those clubs took several and didn't start playing for weeks and then awards and dinners later was a lot.

There are definitely off peak times that astro can be booked. Club don't seem to want to. Some of the pitches will have the same problem every year so maybe they should look at astro. MSL Premier teams using them to their benefit all the way to bottom of CBL. Cobh looks fantastic.
    Spot on the season is too long not to have free weekends and with lack of refs etc you are going to have x amount of free weekends if you engage with the AUL they will help you once you do it far enough in advance.

Astros as much as I would prefer grass will have to be used more and at different times to the regular slots.

But this is easier said than done

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Castleview Waterloo mayfield school Astro 11 o clock tomorrow will the view be crowned champions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thank god View wins league tomorrow dragging on a bit now can’t wait to see the dog man’s Snapchat funny chat he is great to see um win it but bigger things ahead tomorrow with the big clubs still fighting out Aoh.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Hope Castleview enjoy their day. A dominant campaign, well deserved.

Page 89 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast