Page 88 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,760 of 2765

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    FairPlay harsh going well did the wanderers have many players or they back to struggling again, anyone know if strand and donoghmore played?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Grats game only game played according to Aul site I didn’t know many of Wanderers team to be honest and my opinion that team tonight were poor so I’m assuming it wasn’t team that beat UCC

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wanderers started with 11 an 1 sub.
    Made a change in the 1st half due to injury.
    3 down at half time .
    Wanderers looked bate in the 1st half .

2nd Wanderers sub arrived at half time via a spin an I say he wished he stayed at home and watched the telly.

Honestly I can't believe they beat UCC with what I saw on show tonite.

I actually went up there thinking they might cause an upset.
    The only upset was the petrol money I wasted to get up there to watch them.
    Grattan cut them to peices at will.
    Had the luxury of giving the 5 subs a run.

2 moments of utter brilliance.

Grattans 4th was just a moment of magic to be savoured I'd you were lucky to see it .

2 ,,,,,,funniest peno ever awarded to Wanderers when a Grattan player was tripped in the box while defending an fell to the ground injured.

Wanderers player argued it was accidental cause he thought he was about to be booked , Grattan lad panned out injured,,,,,,,,, ref gives him a deserved ,,,,,,,,,spotter hahahahahaha best laugh ever ,,,,, both sides started laughing ffs

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bourne View Post
    Wanderers started with 11 an 1 sub.
    Made a change in the 1st half due to injury.
    3 down at half time .
    Wanderers looked bate in the 1st half .

2nd Wanderers sub arrived at half time via a spin an I say he wished he stayed at home and watched the telly.

Honestly I can't believe they beat UCC with what I saw on show tonite.

I actually went up there thinking they might cause an upset.
    The only upset was the petrol money I wasted to get up there to watch them.
    Grattan cut them to peices at will.
    Had the luxury of giving the 5 subs a run.

2 moments of utter brilliance.

Grattans 4th was just a moment of magic to be savoured I'd you were lucky to see it .

2 ,,,,,,funniest peno ever awarded to Wanderers when a Grattan player was tripped in the box while defending an fell to the ground injured.

Wanderers player argued it was accidental cause he thought he was about to be booked , Grattan lad panned out injured,,,,,,,,, ref gives him a deserved ,,,,,,,,,spotter hahahahahaha best laugh ever ,,,,, both sides started laughing ffs
    Seen that penalty couldn’t believe it myself , grattan defender can feel hard done by

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That Grattan defender is clumsy out Rossum wink wink haha Grattan were good tonight tho don’t take that away from um over wanderers being poor still loads of football to be played still hopefully not much rain next few days

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Only games on astros I reckon will go ahead at the weekend harsh

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyone know any info on what the aul is planning on doing with that division 1 Shandon only after playing 4 games seems to be a joke this late into a season be nearly playing 3 a week , clubs surely need to be docked points or giving some sort of help funding to pay for astros

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I’ll tell ya what there planning and it’s this simple their planning on handing watergrasshill the league by screwing over shandon I’m certain shandon are after be giving 3 games inn7 days and plus sent to Rathcoole on a Tue night complete joke in my eyes.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Now I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong cause few fixtures changed over last week AOH games off but I’m certain 3 games in quick succession if true tough going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Now I’ll hold my hands up if I’m wrong cause few fixtures changed over last week AOH games off but I’m certain 3 games in quick succession if true tough going.
    no alternative though. how in gods name do a team only have 4 league games played by now even accounting for the crazy bad weather? how many cups have they been in?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The conspiracy theories on here are gas.

Shandon cancelled games all throughout the season as pitches weren’t playable as did every club so only themselves or the weather to blame not the AUL.

Every club with plenty games to play will end up with a lot of fixtures in a short period of time.
    Games have to be played.

Lots of clubs will be in this situation

This is the way it has been for years there is nothing new here.

Ye can take off yer tin foil hats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    no alternative though. how in gods name do a team only have 4 league games played by now even accounting for the crazy bad weather? how many cups have they been in?
    To be fair cup run’s upset things clubs thar didn’t make use of Astros will be behind

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This season will probably go onto July the way it’s going any cups that just have finals to play should be played on any half decent pitch and get um over wit years ago Turners cross was big thing for players fellas now only won the glory doesn’t matter where it’s played

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    To be fair cup run’s upset things clubs thar didn’t make use of Astros will be behind
    yeah fair enough. still too many cups in AUL for my liking. this happens every year theres always a few clubs with a tiny amount of league games played in april. persistent issue that takes away from the importance of the league IMO

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Agree with ya there harsh , they’d love to hand watergrasshill the league they seem to be favourite team in the eyes of the commitee

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The fact they only have 4 played to now in general is bad but it is not like the they have not gotten fixtures. they have 10 league games left, 2 weeks left in April so 6 weeks to get through them for May bank holiday. Grattan have 8 league games left, must still play AOH Second round and Mossie SF.. Their next game is next Tuesday and that is AOH so I don't think there is that much of a major panic after but I am open to being completely wrong here.. Obviously it's not ideal but there are plenty clubs in this situation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    There is loads of clubs in this situation with 9 and 10 games left.
    it’s been the worst year for rainfall ever think back the opening weekend alone was in trouble after a downpour on the Friday night and you only have to look at the past week to see how many cancellations there is.

I was speaking to someone that told me an all weather is booked out from 9 to 9 for this Saturday and Sunday.

That’s nuts but nightlights the pressures clubs in all codes are under.

And don’t forget there is also a shortage of refs which limits the amount of games that get played

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I personally think Aul should come to agreement with a club that has all weathers and block book in two nights a week 6 o clock till 10.30 clubs splits pitch and Ref with Aul giving bit of supplement towards cost then we’ll definitely have 4 games a week going ahead when bad weathers kicks in I know you’ll get one or two on here ask why should Aul pay towards it but for the lads on here that were at the AGM and start of season I’m told it was made clear by Tom that this is what Aul were looking at but again that went out the window this just my opinion it might help in the long run

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    I personally think Aul should come to agreement with a club that has all weathers and block book in two nights a week 6 o clock till 10.30 clubs splits pitch and Ref with Aul giving bit of supplement towards cost then we’ll definitely have 4 games a week going ahead when bad weathers kicks in I know you’ll get one or two on here ask why should Aul pay towards it but for the lads on here that were at the AGM and start of season I’m told it was made clear by Tom that this is what Aul were looking at but again that went out the window this just my opinion it might help in the long run
    That would make sense but I heard the AUL haven’t any money left in the kitty because they offered all they have to the all weather pitch in castleview.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Still find it incredible if the league has given this money without going to the clubs first.

It's a pity that they have scrapped delegate meetings.