Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 2668

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GerCork View Post
    Some crack if they do. They could cause upsets if they continue to take points of people in the prem league
    Look after the rich lol

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What's story with games tomorrow lads?does orange warning mean they are automatically off?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Joe View Post
    What's story with games tomorrow lads?does orange warning mean they are automatically off?
    It means only matches that are on pitches at the top of hills MUST go ahead . Its an AUL rule

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Orange warning ends at 2pm so maybe we might see a few games go ahead on Astros?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    All shipping league and msl games off anyway tomorrow.
    Posted up there about a half hour ago

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Pepper will probably let us know via social media after he has a few jars tonight..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Aul kept shut and hope they get one game to go ahead the way they have carried on

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads working with knocka CB said the gaffer put in group there match off Aul called games can anyone confirm

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    All Aul games are off tomorrow .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Lads I like to say sorry I know Iv upset few of ye and 12t man last few months he’s giving me more holidays that me job but I’m going to throw this out there and I know people might not agree but let it sink it I been around Aul last 20 years so I know what I say and I might come across like I’m having ago but I speak truth so my new rant Ucc back in AoH cause city wanderers played illegal player which I can tell ye now AUl committee or so happy but the player in question also played the games in league that City won but I don’t see the teams they beat get points is that not a question all teams in AUL should stand together and Ask or maybe it’s just me

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Couldn't agreement more Ref. The AULs comeback to that will be the clubs didn't lodge an appeal in time. They just want an easy life and teams are getting sick of it now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Ger we need to pint only person on here to agree with me I’m not here to stir but Cathedral celtic played illegal player against knocka in league Aul 100%aware docket um 3 points never gave knocka points Catherdal played illegal player against greenwood in semi final of Henry Healy and catherdal won and both teams throwing out greenwood never put tru cause they never appealed even tho aul admit at meeting catherdal cheated so what standards have they set and I’ll put this out to any Aul member on here to say I’m wrong

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Was talkin to 1 of the shandon lads yesterday and aul have given them 3games in 5days in latest set of fixtures. Shandon already annoyed about the farce when they said their pitch was playable the other week and aul wouldn't move the watergrasshill game cos it was clashing with the watergrasshill hurlers.
    To make it even better they have only given watergrasshill 1 game in that 5day period.
    Tough job in fairness being fixtures secretary but 3games in 5days is absolute madness!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Joe I don’t agree with the fixture secretary has tough Joe there’s 41 teams in Aul that’s 20 games a week they have to get right senior league have more than double that and they have no issues how many clubs this year and last played sane team week to week they need someone to do it that has common sense look at the Mossie started months ago semi still not played Grattan no game this week no game next week look at the Henry Healy semi played in oct final not till May 8 months for a cup that could be played on any Senior league pitch it’s becoming a farce how managers still managing is beyond me they must be crying out for season to finish

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Joe I don’t agree with the fixture secretary has tough Joe there’s 41 teams in Aul that’s 20 games a week they have to get right senior league have more than double that and they have no issues how many clubs this year and last played sane team week to week they need someone to do it that has common sense look at the Mossie started months ago semi still not played Grattan no game this week no game next week look at the Henry Healy semi played in oct final not till May 8 months for a cup that could be played on any Senior league pitch it’s becoming a farce how managers still managing is beyond me they must be crying out for season to finish
    In fairness I can't disagree about the cups.
    I know michaels semi finals were played around November and final still hasn't been played.
    With none of these cups having been finished it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't enough availability in turner's cross again this year.
    I remember years back likes of mossie linnane,michaels,saxon etc be done and dusted early.

The no fixtures for Grattan is madness...didn't know that.

Thats some gap in Henry healy..extra preparation time for both teams..haha.
    It's crazy going on though.

Years back there used be 3 sections each of div 1, 2 & 3 aswell as prem A and prem.

They seemed to make a better go of the fixtures then.
    Last edited by Broadway Joe; 06/04/2024 at 9:18 AM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I could be wrong now but I’m sure Grattan game is Tue week against Rathcormac in Aoh Tue my god fella be finishing work early to make that can’t understand why is wasnt down for next sat when Grattan have no game

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Looking at the state of Turners Cross at the City game last night I’d say the chances of getting cup finals there are very very slim. Ireland women been given a game there soon too so the MFA will be trying to mind it at all costs. I’d say most finals now will be at Colmans with their new surface.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    The dates for the Turners Cross finals are there thankfully.

Fixtures are poor and have been for along time. I don't hear the same issues in other leagues.

In terms of illegal players, MSL go through all match cards, AUL don't. It's lazy. Then being told and proven if that player was illegal v UCC, then other games a player is illegal then the league should act.

The league is run very badly. It's the strong teams and rivalries still there, particularly in the northside which make it still strong. Peelo's coverage is also great. Apart from that, the running of it is a dissaster. All everyone wants is a well run AUL but we haven't had that in a very long time.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lets call a spade a spade if it wasn't for Peelo there would be absolutely no coverage of the league. He's a credit. Wind rain or snow and He'll be at games every week. Man's a legend

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GerCork View Post
    Lets call a spade a spade if it wasn't for Peelo there would be absolutely no coverage of the league. He's a credit. Wind rain or snow and He'll be at games every week. Man's a legend
    Have to agree and give credit were its due.his enthusiasm and commitment is unreal. Definitely a legend.
    If some of the others pulled their fingers out and followed his llead it would be a well run aul.

On the cups I'm hearing county cup and city Cup cluld be in trouble for turner's cross last year..tsure how true
    it is.

Last year the county cup was Colemans Park I think.
    I might be wrong but thought corinthians cup was in castleview aswell
    Last edited by Broadway Joe; 06/04/2024 at 3:59 PM.

Page 86 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast