Page 75 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2765

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Don’t Castleview own that pitch Central played on or am I mistaken? There’s no harm in the astro being built it’s badly needed. Clubs will benefit from it I couldn’t see many objecting unless they’re objecting on the grounds of being jealous it’s not theirs. What other club could offer what Castleview are offering?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Some fellas in here really couldn't write what they know about football on the back of a stamp.
    An astro around the northside is brilliant for every team and castleview have the best facilities for it simple as that, castleview will benefit no doubt but don't Mayfield and Springfield benefit from there's? Joys of having the grounds to do it.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips and beans View Post
    Some fellas in here really couldn't write what they know about football on the back of a stamp.
    An astro around the northside is brilliant for every team and castleview have the best facilities for it simple as that, castleview will benefit no doubt but don't Mayfield and Springfield benefit from there's? Joys of having the grounds to do it.
    I doubt you even know what a stamp is lol . Difference is Larry , Curley and Moe didnt pay for Mayfield and Springfields one. If i was a committee member at a club I would definitely be checking if the AUL have any right to give that money to one club

Great for Castleview , I just dont really see what benefit the AUL would get from it

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The fai paid for it, do ya think they did a fast little whip around or what?
    local clubs needs a hand with these things of course they do in what world do you think script and memberships pay for better facilities that barely keeps the lights on.
    If it happens which won't be anytime soon everybody will benefit from it and its hopefully a start of better things to come for around the place football wise

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I'd be delighted for Castleview. I hope it gets done, would be brillant for the kids and all the teams.

It's just the AUL money, that's the thing that needs to be discussed. And how it came about, why AUL are on board, etc.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So let the FAI pay for Castleviews astro then! I just had a whip around and i have 420 for you Chips and beans

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Lads,

The FAI won’t help with anything they don’t have any money.

It will be up to the local parties to find an agreement any how to fund it.

If people are suggesting the aul are coughing up 70 to 80k you would expect at least 60k to come back if they are getting adequate use of the Astro in the long term.

20k contribution is nothing that’s only around €500 per team in the league which is nothing.

No city club could offer what Castleview are offering.

Of the country clubs left Coachford or Rathcoole could offer similar land

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    €500 each, nothing. What response would your club have if I emailed asking for €500?

Grants, findraising, loans and donations are how other clubs have funded theirs.

This seems a new venture that I wouldn't trust.

What are Castleview offering?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    €500 each, nothing. What response would your club have if I emailed asking for €500?

Grants, findraising, loans and donations are how other clubs have funded theirs.

This seems a new venture that I wouldn't trust.

What are Castleview offering?
    Castleview are paying the 20 and obviously their land if what I heard was true.

AUL giving them 70k for winning the premier A

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    There was a recent announcement on the Echo that the 5.5 million set to one side for the new amenities on the site of Father Callaghans and the old Northvilla Park land had been released.

It's gone out for tender.

Full size astro with lights.
    2 full size grass pitches.
    Walk way
    Local amenities etc etc.

Those that seem a bit more believable.

Very similar to the set up out in Tramore Valley Park , to cater for lots of sports.

But I only think I heard it ?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Jason you crack me up man course you heard it your cover was blowing weeks back haha that plan has falling to pieces not enough money to do it ffs there’s a row of houses on the kilmore rd next to Fr Callaghans pitch that were build 5 years ago on a bog still sitting idle that needs to be knocked down and their saying the council have no money to do it so the plan on amenities site we’ll never see in our lift time.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If the astro pitch does go ahead on Castleview view land will the Cork aul committee have the rights over who uses it and when its been used like block book it from Thursday-sunday and leave Castleview seniors dictate the other 3 days

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    See that’s the problem now I have fish is Aul invest should it not be for Aul use why would senior have any say at all get Msl to invest if that’s in case secondly all the talk on here last few weeks every tine junior players played senior I and more were told they should play it’s a senior club so I can say I think Castleview committtee will be licking their lips new pitch for their senior team haha Aul will get scraps id say haha

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    See that’s the problem now I have fish is Aul invest should it not be for Aul use why would senior have any say at all get Msl to invest if that’s in case secondly all the talk on here last few weeks every tine junior players played senior I and more were told they should play it’s a senior club so I can say I think Castleview committtee will be licking their lips new pitch for their senior team haha Aul will get scraps id say haha
    Wow Harsh Ref , how dare you say Castleview are a senior club , how dare you be negative

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    No no no Kevin I mean nothing bad there point I’m making dogs on street know Castleview committee only concerned about Senior team but if Aul invested when fixtures being made will Aul teams have first privilege all the time course if my source is right the new Astro won’t affect the senior pitch above that’s still staying there

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    No no no Kevin I mean nothing bad there point I’m making dogs on street know Castleview committee only concerned about Senior team but if Aul invested when fixtures being made will Aul teams have first privilege all the time course if my source is right the new Astro won’t affect the senior pitch above that’s still staying there
    haha I wasnt having a go at you really , was just pointing out that I was told I was negative and other stuff when I said it was a bad idea. When I said Castleview are a senior club my buddy Fruice corrected me and said they were an AUL club . Maybe their senior team have disbanded and I missed it?

I think its a great idea for Castleview , I personally think they should do it with the MSL seeing as they are a senior club . How is that for being positive

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    A lads for the love of god fixtures down for next Sunday Paddies day the Aul is the give that keeps giving town be shut down for parade lads be driving all over the city to find route home parade at 1 o clock no thought at all for lads with young kids that will want to bring them to parade they be more relationship broke up next Sunday thanks to Aul hahahaha

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well said ref i came on here to say the exact same thing and I’m not even involved anymore. Absolute joke the one day of the year that there should be no games and they manage to make a ****up of it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Will probably p*** down and the games will be off anyway

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    This Aul committee needs complete over haul no common sense at all they’ll be sitting at home nice and warm having their dinners paddies day while fellas driving around looking for route home something seriously needs to be done it’s like the rules or being made up as we go have a look at Grattan they travelled to conna last week no pitch line should of been awarded game home team team wearing same colour as Grattan no change of game should of been awarded game and to top it off the pitch was unplayable so they try play in under 8 pitch alongside it Ref was having none of it pitch way to small called game and Aul have Grattan down to play um next week no walk over what’s going on at all.