Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Play it out View Post
    AUL have 100K

Astros will cost 400K + would they?

If AUL put in 20K, thats a small portion. What rights do you think they'd get? While in meantime that's a lot of money that other clubs won't see.

After he money lost, €210,000, I think clubs should have a say in this and what alternatives AUL money can be spent on.

Bring nack delegate meetings and a bit of transparency. The Mossie Linnane Semi was drawn twice ffs, get house in order.
    Speculating on the numbers and what each side is giving is meaningless.

If this project is happening it will be done with the help of government funding the most used source of funding of this size is the sport’s capital fund which offers up to 90% of a a grant if they AUL offer up 100k they will get 90k back ( probably slightly less but close enough) it’s a no brainier if they get the correct access to the facility.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus lads only a few weeks back ye were saying the Aul is gone next year now there building an astro ffs.

There is talk of an astro been built up in knocka but it will be to do with the new regional park they want to put in there up by grattan and the old reservoir.
    Plans are in very early stages though.
    Regarding Castleview building an all weather's aren't they building new dressing rooms so can't see how they could get 2 capital sports grants for two big projects like tht straight away.
    If they do then fair play to them .

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    What have I started Danzo warning talks in all so let’s get back to the present raining again today football not looking good I’m hearing from me buddy in Cobh springers and gratts going ahead on all weather Sunday so at least we’ll have one game so far

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    In other word you haven’t a bulls notion what you are talking about.
    Ok I will try and explain it to you, I didn't want to have to do this but here goes. The AUL committee to be fair and polite wouldn't contain the sharpest knives in the drawer. I wouldn't trust some of them to run a bath let alone a massive investment. They didn't even realise in the past that a massive sum of money went missing. If this were to go ahead this will be Castleviews astro on Castleviews land . Castleview whose main focus is and rightly so will always be their SENIOR team

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    What have I started Danzo warning talks in all so let’s get back to the present raining again today football not looking good I’m hearing from me buddy in Cobh springers and gratts going ahead on all weather Sunday so at least we’ll have one game so far
    hahaha wait until they find out how much the AUL are putting forward, Castleview will make a fortune from the other clubs. Grattan will get a 50% discount as one of their players is on the committee.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fruice did you ever go to an end of season AUL awards, ever wonder why there are so many Castleview people there even when they arent getting any awards?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJBarry View Post
    Fruice did you ever go to an end of season AUL awards, ever wonder why there are so many Castleview people there even when they arent getting any awards?
    I’ve been to a few of them wouldn’t have a clue of lads clubs to be honest.

Whilst the issue with the money going missing obviously is wrong if it’s going to be used against them forever progress will never be made.

If the agreement is strong it will work for all parties the devil will be in the detail.

What other club in the AUL would be suitable for such a venture there isn’t many.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzo View Post
    hahaha wait until they find out how much the AUL are putting forward, Castleview will make a fortune from the other clubs. Grattan will get a 50% discount as one of their players is on the committee.
    I know the fella your on about he’s after pulling a few strings already

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    I know the fella your on about he’s after pulling a few strings already
    Heard it was his idea about the astro and brought the AUL and the club to the table. I wonder is he getting something from this. Couldn’t be up to that fella.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    And Danzo he’s a good Center back to isn’t that right Ros

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Castleview yet again grabbing northside football by the scruff of the neck and making it better, what a club

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chips and beans View Post
    Castleview yet again grabbing northside football by the scruff of the neck and making it better, what a club
    Why not get the MSL involved too and have one big love in . Maybe 2 Astro turf pitches ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Maybe they will who knows, no interest in what the MSL side does to be honest, AUL is the heart of northside football.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Exactly Chips forget Msl Chips your grabbed the game by scruff of the neck I heard on sat

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Felt good to be involved in a game like it, huge win and a great advertisement for the AUL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    How many full Astros in Cork.
    Lakewood,
    Mayfield x 2,
    Tramore Athletic,
    Douglas Hall,
    Passage,
    Carrigaline x 2,
    Crosshaven,
    Park Utd,
    Leeside,
    Cobh,
    Charleville,
    Banteer,
    Fermoy,

That’s 15 I know there is smaller ones owned by both clubs and Communities.

To be honest Mayfield and Banteer are the ones that are only really rented out to outside clubs you would see the odd game in different Astros.

We could definitely do with a few more!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    if right was right the council should be looking into a site that would have 4/5 astros, similar to AUL complex in dublin. rent it out during the season to clubs for training + matches. takes the burden off the clubs to get the mega money together for their own astro while also keeping their home grass pitches. it would be a shame to see everywhere go fully astro.
    not relevant to aul but Ramblers should never have been allowed turn colemans into an astro, a real backward step for the league of ireland.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJBarry View Post
    Why not get the MSL involved too and have one big love in . Maybe 2 Astro turf pitches ?
    The money the AUL are throwing towards this they must have some say over fixtures. Hearing figures of 70-80,000 and with grants etc Castleview are getting a brand spanking new all weather for about 20-30,000. That explains why you always seem representatives from the view at meetings when they arent getting awards. But no other club in the AUL could provide the land and money Castleview have. The Council could do something with Knockas pitch. Throw an astro there and a community centre that'll benefit the community Knocka/Grattan and whoever could share it.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What about the old North End pitch next to Grattans pitch , isnt there still goals on that? Couldnt an astro go in there and be for use by everyone? The AUL could run it then , might keep Salt n peppa busy and out of Coachford I don't think the old Central pitch would be wide enough for a full astro pitch anyway . Im POSITIVE it wouldnt be wide enough FRUICE before you ask
    Last edited by KevinJBarry; 06/03/2024 at 5:02 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    If the AUL are throwing that kind of money then it's a last hurrah from the ageing committee members to go out on an extravagant manner.

As members of the league, all teams should be consulted in this out lay. There are many other clubs who can do similar with their ground with that kind of support.