Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fruice View Post
    That’s not the question I asked though?
    Ok coachford get special favours from the aul and then committee members show up for a victory event for free pints . Add 2+2 and work the rest our for yourself

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Upset tonight in the aoh cup, the mighty ucc beaten by a city wanderers team on the brink of folding 2-0

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    Upset tonight in the aoh cup, the mighty ucc beaten by a city wanderers team on the brink of folding 2-0
    The Beauty of the AOH Cup. City wanders in Q final now or am I mistaken?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Good game tonight. Impressed by how Wanderers lifted it after recent poor results. Fair play to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Great result for a team who apparently be lucky to see out the season I said it few weeks back Grattan for the treble massive chance now league in own hands and with Ucc and View out of AOH they’ll be tough to stop I also watched that game last night Ucc very frustrating never know what you get with um this my third time this season seeing um and it doesn’t seem like they have settle team few new faces all the time.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    UCC are a very good side. They're quite settled from what I've seen and have some of the best players in the league.

I've my own views on them that are negative but I have to say they are a very good side.

Well done again to City Wanderers.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Agree play it out that’s why I use the word frustrating they were excellent against Castleview well over um and that result last night was shocking if where being honest did think them or Grattan would have name on cup but football can be strange at time if there any team that could pull off a shock in AOH.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I watched the game last night and been honest it was a comfortable win for city wanders ucc like to blow smoke up there own a## but what ive seen of them this season ive been disappointed with all the hype from them Village are dark horses aswell there foing under the radar quietly they can certainly win both cups there well capable.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Any rain between now and Saturday I feel will result in another round of games being called

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Id say games be played this week Ball but pitches be cut up bad after 15/20 minutes

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballwasthere View Post
    Any rain between now and Saturday I feel will result in another round of games being called
    There definitely be games played this week a few showers here an there but shud be alot of games this weekend im gonna drive up to watch Knocknaheeny celtic v Castleview this Saturday if im been honest it should be a stroll in the park for Castleview i cant even recall when i seen a result for a Knocknaheeny celtic game so surley Castleview will have to much legs and ball against them im going for a comfortable win fir Castleview and put 1 hand on the league trophy, 4-0 Castleview

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Think I agree with you fish think View will win played at least 5/6 games since knocka kicked a ball but don’t think they’ll hammer um knocka tough to beat in kilmore rd be great game knocka gaffer one side his good buddy the dog man on the other side be good banter between um all the making of good game I think.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Think I agree with you fish think View will win played at least 5/6 games since knocka kicked a ball but don’t think they’ll hammer um knocka tough to beat in kilmore rd be great game knocka gaffer one side his good buddy the dog man on the other side be good banter between um all the making of good game I think.
    Castleview all day long is that the fella Megga the Egga that does the dogs i often seen him pulling drags he was quality when he was younger but lacked pace as he got older i actually thought he was retired because i seen him at a fre drag races quality on his day he was does he still do running commentary when he has the ball haha

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Bad few days lads will we see any ball this weekend

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Agree play it out that’s why I use the word frustrating they were excellent against Castleview well over um and that result last night was shocking if where being honest did think them or Grattan would have name on cup but football can be strange at time if there any team that could pull off a shock in AOH.

Oh Ucc were excellent against Castleview, well above them? i watched that game and Castleview were missing a couple of players, which happens but they had an off day just like Ucc must of had an off day against struggling Wanderers. That's the thing with the cups its 90mins. As someone said above it's about winning leagues and that's what teams will be judged on.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Few interesting games this weekend. Pending weather obviously but in Premier A the View and Knocka (more of a bragging rights fixture think View be very hard to catch now) , Div 1 Richmond Hill, Richmond need a win here to stay in with a shout of Div one top 2. Loc zarcos and Bweeng top of table clash in Div 2 and Div 3 kilbrittain and coachford b kilbrittain have games in hand to put pressure on Boher and coachford still in mix there for top 2 potentially... AOH i think Shandon and Grangevale has the makings of a good game.. Finally Rathcormac and Gratts interested to see the scoreline here. Grangevale played Rathcormac last week anybody know how it went in friendly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Saturday will be in right trouble might get 1 or 2 Sunday.

The rain is relentless pitches will need 4 to 5 days of drying to have any chance.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Star all these teams giving excuses missing players had off day all excuses few good games City if they go ahead

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AULstarboy View Post
    Oh Ucc were excellent against Castleview, well above them? i watched that game and Castleview were missing a couple of players, which happens but they had an off day just like Ucc must of had an off day against struggling Wanderers. That's the thing with the cups its 90mins. As someone said above it's about winning leagues and that's what teams will be judged on.
    Ahh come on Aulstarboy missing players and ye have a squad of about 20 and the luxury of senior player's dropping down for a few games excuses is what it is ye were beating by the better team on the day its as simple as that. Games will definitely go ahead tomorrow piyltch will probably cut up but thats the joys of it looking forward to the Northside derby tomorrow should be a great game for the neutral

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    You say it as you see it fish don’t ya must say looking forward to that game Meself still think View will pip it on fitness but could be cracker