Page 131 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 2765

Thread: Cork AUL 2023/24

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Why are Springfield looking? The result will change nothing they can’t be relegated?

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballwasthere View Post
    Why are Springfield looking? The result will change nothing they can’t be relegated?
    Maybe they just want the points?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I’m assuming he’s saying looking at the Aul tables not their looking at table Ball

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I would take it that when Grattan were awarded their 3 points for an illegal player taking part , any subsequint appeals based on the same issue would then be awarded the points.

But only if clubs appealed.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I understand that, but the season is done now, they don’t gain anything from the extra 3 point, I just couldn’t see it being worth the hassle personally

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I joined this forum at the beginning of this season in the hope that I would be able to get information about the various games and enjoy some previews and reviews of matches across all the leagues as I have a small involvement in one of the clubs currently playing in the AUL. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

This forum appears to be just a place where people who are either bitter or have huge chips on their shoulders about other clubs or the AUL committee come here to rant. There is very little constructive criticism, there is a huge absence of objective analysis and it appears most of the conversations revolve around 2 or 3 clubs from one area of the city.

What has amazed me all year is the lack of support from some clubs towards other clubs. There is obviously huge issues in the AUL with more clubs leaving than joining due to various reasons but instead of people trying to help there appears to be some stupid idea if one of my rivals is in trouble then it will be better for me. That may be true in the short term but it is a very shortsighted view of the big issues all clubs have with the AUL structure.

The belief that the AUL is out to get one or other club for years doesn't make sense to me as I review the results and decisions made by them over the last few seasons. There is no doubt that they have many failings and that the top table personnel is still in place despite the exodus of clubs from the leagues over the years would baffle anyone but to say they favour one club above another simply doesn't stand up to even the smallest level of scrutiny. I think we can all agree that the AUL have made some disastrous decisions over many seasons that have affected different clubs at different times. This season alone the league title that Grattan deservedly won almost ended up being awarded in a committee room instead of on the pitch. Last year they failed to award the Linnane trophy. There 'Team of the Season' award is a complete lottery and realistically could go to any club who are flavour of the month with the top table.

There are some supporters of certain clubs on here that feel if they rant long and loud enough they may get favourable decisions from the AUL or the refs or they might turn other clubs against their rivals. Give it up. It's a childish exercise and one that shouldn't be encouraged or supported. In fact it would serve everyone better if this forum was used for what it should be - a place where AUL clubs can get together and sort out the issues that are dragging the league into oblivion. Support each other to make the league a better place to play football otherwise the next forum we'll be using will be one for the CBL of the MSL.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    MFA would of insisted it was addressed across the board to be fair.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I understand that, but the season is done now, they don’t gain anything from the extra 3 point, I just couldn’t see it being worth the hassle personally
    They went from 6th to 5th and qualified for the Europa league???

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Village are going to need a second dressing room . At the rate they are going they may have to enter a B team. Pa Long still going strong fairplay to him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Glenthorn will be under fair pressure now!!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    That’s Pa and Gorta after jumping, they need to go down a division or two IMO

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That’s Pa and Gorta after jumping, they need to go down a division or two IMO
    If the rumours I'm hearing about who's going into manage Glenthorn are true then I'd put my house on them for Premier A!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMC View Post
    If the rumours I'm hearing about who's going into manage Glenthorn are true then I'd put my house on them for Premier A!
    What you hear ? Spill the beans boy

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FOMC View Post
    Agreed . Very good manager already in there . The two boys already agreed to village . Gorta was always going to head back to village at some point

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJBarry View Post
    finger on the pulse Magic … finger on the pulse . I hear they are after the other Corcoran playing for Cathedral and the two centre backs out of cathedral . I know Skilly was there before but he is pushing on now
    Village are looking to improve. Can’t see them two boys getting into the village defence

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Talked to a member of village in the pub the other night and in his own words, Leonard is trying to sign too many, every player in the north side no matter the standard they play apparently, ti’ll be tough to keep so many happy, especially with only one team there.
    if there’s any truth to Doolans cow folding there’s a few very good players there hell be looking at as well
    Complete nonsense. Leonard is only after mayfield lads. Bar Pa Long the entire squad is from Mayfield. I was told if players don’t work hard in training he has no interest in them .

The Cow folding let’s be honest there probably only one player on that team good enough for the AUL premier. There a bang average pub team .

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinJBarry View Post
    What you hear ? Spill the beans boy
    I heard the castleview assistant manager is nailed on for the job

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Welcome back fish were you working abroad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh ref View Post
    Welcome back fish were you working abroad.
    I was working out in the Dam for the last couple of weeks. I just want to congratulate coachford on winning the Aoh cup for ladt 3 seasons thats some achievement has it ever been done? Congratulations to castleview and to gratten aswell on winng there respective leagues.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Grattan unbeaten to only the best team go unbeaten haha im hearing few from Cow joining village brigade.