Wexford v Athlone
    Cobh v Galway
    Kerry v Treaty
    Finn Harps v Bray (20:00)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts
    Interesting weekend with several big games.
    Wins for the top 4 would establish a 7 point gap to Bohs in 5th (admittedly the top 4 will have 2 extra games played).
    On the other hand a win for Bohs and they are 1 point behind Dundalk with 2 games in hand ...the clasic 6 pointer.

Huge game for Rovers and 1 we have to win imop , i expect Bradser to play our best team regardless of Europe next week..
    Derry need to beat Sligo and which sligo team shows up will determine that more then Derry.
    Pats might be titel favourites after the weekend, they are certainly the in form team.

Cobh v Galway will be interesting, i expect Galway to win but Shane Keegan is doing a good job with Cobh, rebuilding his reputation and youd imagine if he can keep ot up will be in the conversation the next time there is a vacancy at Premier level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Interesting weekend with several big games.
    Wins for the top 4 would establish a 7 point gap to Bohs in 5th (admittedly the top 4 will have 2 extra games played).
    On the other hand a win for Bohs and they are 1 point behind Dundalk with 2 games in hand ...the clasic 6 pointer.

Huge game for Rovers and 1 we have to win imop , i expect Bradser to play our best team regardless of Europe next week..
    Derry need to beat Sligo and which sligo team shows up will determine that more then Derry.
    Pats might be titel favourites after the weekend, they are certainly the in form team.

Cobh v Galway will be interesting, i expect Galway to win but Shane Keegan is doing a good job with Cobh, rebuilding his reputation and youd imagine if he can keep ot up will be in the conversation the next time there is a vacancy at Premier level

can see keegan being in the frame for the city job come november provided of course things dont blow up down in cobh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    An altogether different Harps this week I'd expect. Fairly sure 8 or the 9 new signings are available and I'd expect most of them to be straight into the team. Could go any way. First home game of the season I miss too, which is a pain in the ar$e.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    can see keegan being in the frame for the city job come november provided of course things dont blow up down in cobh.
    I'd be amazed if he's in with any chance of that job.

He's done a great job at Cobh as he did at Wexford before but his tenure at Galway, although enjoyable, was a disaster.

Look at some of the players we had in 2017: Colm Horgan, Lee Grace, Stephen Folan, David Cawley, Gavan Hoolahan, Vinny Faherty, Ronan Murray, Kevin Devaney. There's absolutely no way we should have been relegated.

I think he's much better suited to a small club building up younger players, playing nice football. Obviously managers can learn but there was no ruthlessness at all. We kept only one clean sheet in the league all season. We needed to just shut up shop towards the end of the season when battling with Sligo - I think they kept 3 clean sheets in their last 4 to stay up. We had a 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 and 3-4!
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    I'd be amazed if he's in with any chance of that job.

He's done a great job at Cobh as he did at Wexford before but his tenure at Galway, although enjoyable, was a disaster.

Look at some of the players we had in 2017: Colm Horgan, Lee Grace, Stephen Folan, David Cawley, Gavan Hoolahan, Vinny Faherty, Ronan Murray, Kevin Devaney. There's absolutely no way we should have been relegated.

I think he's much better suited to a small club building up younger players, playing nice football. Obviously managers can learn but there was no ruthlessness at all. We kept only one clean sheet in the league all season. We needed to just shut up shop towards the end of the season when battling with Sligo - I think they kept 3 clean sheets in their last 4 to stay up. We had a 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 and 3-4!
    In fairness 2017 was exceptional circumstances with 3 automatic relegation places. Galway got 35 points that season in 33 games, which would’ve been enough to avoid the relegation playoff place in 2018, 2019 and 2022 which were all 36 game seasons.
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    yeah i think he was a bit naive at galway for sure. when you look back at the players they had it was crazy they got relegated. i do think hes improved a bit alright over time. definitely not as idealistic as he was before. fair point on a smaller club suiting him. the fact hes close enough to us down here as it is along with the news that we've seemingly not been able to get 2 or 3 of our managerial targets over the line makes me think he will be someone who will be looked at.
    by all accounts we are shopping at cobh for players this summer, jesus wept.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Not a hope in hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    Sounds like the perfect UCD man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Not a hope in hell.
    what makes you think usher can attract another gaffer? we've just signed one of cobhs subs. the club is turning over a profit , transfer fees from young lads + 3.5k+ gate every home game and yet thats where we are shopping for players in a relegation battle. keegan will mentioned 100%. he'd be a good bit down anyones list but we've already had 4 managers turn us down so his turn cant be far away.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    he'd be a good bit down anyones list but we've already had 4 managers turn us down so his turn cant be far away.
    Who are the 4 that turned the job down?
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Year Contract View Post
    Who are the 4 that turned the job down?
    baraclough (apparently) + 2/3 more , buckley said in a press conference last week they had approached managers but they couldnt come to an agreement with them.

14. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Keegan has a good job with Laois GAA, he might not want a full time managerial role.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    Had to laugh at Fleetwood's first ever dose of LOI refereeing. Ah the innocence in them

https://twitter.com/ftfc/status/1676...364850176?s=46
    Paaatrick's Agletic

17. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post

Get away out of that, we're doing our best to stay below the radar.

Move along, nothing to see here.

I heard Paul Corry say on the radio last week that Rovers will win it by at least 10 points.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    what makes you think usher can attract another gaffer? we've just signed one of cobhs subs. the club is turning over a profit , transfer fees from young lads + 3.5k+ gate every home game and yet thats where we are shopping for players in a relegation battle. keegan will mentioned 100%. he'd be a good bit down anyones list but we've already had 4 managers turn us down so his turn cant be far away.
    Keegan could become a 5th

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Bit nervy about Treaty's chances tomorrow vs Kerry. No particular reason other than we've not lost our last two and the inconsistency of teams in the division means we're due, surely!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    355 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Bit nervy about Treaty's chances tomorrow vs Kerry. No particular reason other than we've not lost our last two and the inconsistency of teams in the division means we're due, surely!
    You'll be grand,its only us who cant beat them!
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patsdad View Post
    Get away out of that, we're doing our best to stay below the radar.

Move along, nothing to see here.

I heard Paul Corry say on the radio last week that Rovers will win it by at least 10 points.
    You're learning patsdad!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Treaty were awesome in the Markets Field a few weeks back. Deservedly picking up a few more wins afterwards. Another tough evening ahead. Great performance by Kerry in Galway last week, great save by the Galway keeper to deny Kerry what would have been a fair draw. Kerry's inconsistency suggests a below par performance is next.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast