Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Weekend Friday 7th July

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    I think there's a touch of revisionism about Burt, while his attitude was terrible there were a lot of us who thought he was going to be very good. Personally speaking, I thought he was going to do a Mandriou/Lyons and start performing again. Not sure if I speak for the majority of bohs fans, but there wasn't a good riddance vibe as far as i could tell..
    Ahh Burt had very consistent injury issues before he left Bohs. Obviously in his last season some of it could be him playing up small knocks to get out of playing for a manager/coach/club he had fallen out with but even prior to that he was consistently popping up as doubtful in pre match injury reports. Great player when fit but him staying fit is the problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    https://twitter.com/AdamMoynihan/sta...m3jTHTurw&s=19
    The dodgy automated camera captured Leo Gaxha's stunning strike at least!
    ive not watched a lot of kerry since the first round of games. how is he doing? early on he looked like a big stand out for them. I think he can easily be a PD player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jd2793 View Post
    ive not watched a lot of kerry since the first round of games. how is he doing? early on he looked like a big stand out for them. I think he can easily be a PD player.
    He is the stand out player alright. He has been well marked though after the first few games, the rest of the division knowing he is the main threat. Cork, Galway or Waterford in the Premier Division next year might be his route to playing at a higher level.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knocklyonhoop View Post
    Rovers have been poor the last few weeks yes, but in the first 6 when we won 0, I thought we played v well in the most part. Take the stupid red for Pico @ Sligo and it could have been very different. Recent form is a concern and no Byrne on Tuesday is a huge worry, thou having GON and Farrugia back would be huge, th latter hopefully not recurring again.
    What's the latest with Trevor Clarke? We look very one paced without him and Farrugia. I'd prefer Farrugia to play further forward, directly running at the last line of defence rather than working his way up the pitch.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    What's the latest with Trevor Clarke? We look very one paced without him and Farrugia. I'd prefer Farrugia to play further forward, directly running at the last line of defence rather than working his way up the pitch.
    He's gone for another 9 months or so Stutts. Had an operation. It's a huge blow. Between Scales ,Lyons and Clarke we've done a lot of damage down the left over the past few seasons and we don't look the same without it. Kavo just doesn't offer the same threat. Farrugia could be back for the second leg thankfully. Tomorrow could be a bit of a slog.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by legendz View Post
    He is the stand out player alright. He has been well marked though after the first few games, the rest of the division knowing he is the main threat. Cork, Galway or Waterford in the Premier Division next year might be his route to playing at a higher level.
    His skills are really very good. And I think he will soon move to a higher level.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456