Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Should Pat Fenlon step down / be sacked ?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 37.50%
  • No

25 62.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should Fenlon go?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should Fenlon go?

Should Pat Fenlon step down / be sacked after the fiasco of this season?

I think so.

BTW Ollie Cahill and Glen Crowe should be shown the door too. Why Shels never went for Pat McCourt is beyond me -he would have brought the team up another notch.
    It might be a case that Crowe is being made use of properly by the team but as I've said many times before -the only good part to his game is his finishing, the rest is rubbish.
    Last edited by Shelsman; 16/08/2005 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    No

He's won you back to back titles and deserves a little loyalty through one bad year.

Was it he or Ollie who decided to throw the balance of the team out just to stick it to Bohs by signing players you didn't need?

The person you should be getting rid of is Eamonn Collins, surely Shels' fans can see that you've been a poorer team since his arrival, his coaching isn't working, IMO Fenlon didn't make the daft tactical decisions he does now until bosco's arrival, his influence is awful on your club, he contributes nothing but an angry little red face ffs.

You know who you play like now don't you?
    Pat's under Collins!
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelsman
    the only good part to his game is his finishing, the rest is rubbish.
    You're way off.

Every time he gets the ball he finds a Shels player, he holds the ball up well and has very good awareness. He has 4 assists this season and has been involved in alot of good play. With his back to goal when he recieves the ball (Not 10 feet in the air) he nearly always finds a Shels player with it, gets others involved and that creates chances.

He gets precious little decent service to feet, however.

And I agree with Tiktok on Collins but Fenlon must shoulder alot of the blame too. He is in charge afterall.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    He's won you back to back titles and deserves a little loyalty through one bad year.
    If you look at my posts since he was appointed then you'd see that I was critical of him before this season so it's not as if I've changed my tune. What I see is a squad of very talented players being wasted. It's time for someone else to come in and bring things on to the next level ( not necessarily by getting new players ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Am I missing something here or does Fenlon have at least a 5 year contract (or is that even longer? )? Where do you think the compensation money is going to come from plus the money to appoint a new manager? I cannot believe they gave him such a huge contract.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We don't need new players,a t all. Offload a few, and work hard with what we have.

Collins is the main culprit in my eyes, and I genuinelly dislike his attitude.
    God

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    Am I missing something here or does Fenlon have at least a 5 year contract (or is that even longer? )? Where do you think the compensation money is going to come from plus the money to appoint a new manager? I cannot believe they gave him such a huge contract.
    5 years left after this season. Clauses built in perhaps relating to success?
    God

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    You're way off. Every time he gets the ball he finds a Shels player, he holds the ball up well and has very good awareness. He has 4 assists this season and has been involved in alot of good play. With his back to goal when he recieves the ball (Not 10 feet in the air) he nearly always finds a Shels player with it, gets others involved and that creates chances. He gets precious little decent service to feet, however.
    This is why I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelsman
    It might be a case that Crowe is being made use of properly by the team.
    When he was with Bohs they played proper football -on the deck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well that is spot on imo. There's no point having Crowe unless you're going to play football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EnDai
    5 years left after this season. Clauses built in perhaps relating to success?
    I could be wrong but I wouldn't think so. I've never heard of such a contract allowing a manger to be sacked in the event of not winning a major trophy. It seems to me they paniced after interest from Livingston. You were on your way to a 2nd successive title, great season in Europe and foreign interest showed up, the panic button is pressed and you gave him an insane lengthy contract.

Was Dublin, then Madrid, then Paris, now London
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Collins must go!

Fenlon deserves a bit more time, but there is no doubt he is under pressure. It this was Football/Championship Manager, he would be "insecure" but not yet "very insecure".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student
    I could be wrong but I wouldn't think so. I've never heard of such a contract allowing a manger to be sacked in the event of not winning a major trophy. It seems to me they paniced after interest from Livingston. You were on your way to a 2nd successive title, great season in Europe and foreign interest showed up, the panic button is pressed and you gave him an insane lengthy contract.
    As you said yourself it would be an insane lengthy contract, which would make it senisible to put those clauses in. I have heard the clauses are in the contract but I can't be sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Collins actually has a clause in his contract that says if his face turns purple and he can hold it for three or more seconds he gets Fenlons job, has to be on tv though and no make up allowed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    Collins actually has a clause in his contract that says if his face turns purple and he can hold it for three or more seconds he gets Fenlons job, has to be on tv though and no make up allowed.
    Damit that is the one thing he might actually be able to pull off.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If Shels are to get back on track, IMO, they need a massive clear out at the end of the season. Ollie Byrne, Fenlon, Collins, Cahill, Crawley, Rogers, Baker all need to go and probably some others too.

EDIT: I did hear that Fenlon has a clause in his contract saying that if he doesn't win a major trophy, he can be sacked at the end of the season and receive no compensation

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Éanna
    EDIT: I did hear that Fenlon has a clause in his contract saying that if he doesn't win a major trophy, he can be sacked at the end of the season and receive no compensation
    He'd be as mad to sign such a contract as they were to give him a 5 year one. Does the League Cup count in this alleged clause I wonder.

Wasn't Collins Dolan's assistant at Pat's? If this Dolan theory came to fruit could it not see the mad old man stay on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    No. Keep them both, I'm getting confident of finishing ahead of Shels next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by wws
    Quality!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The little John Gilligan lookalike has to go. He was a temperamental little scut at Pats, and he's even worse at Shels and behaves appallingly, as if he's doing the league a favour.Maybe he actually bases himself on being footballs Gilligan.

Fenlon, sadly, has become no better than him. I forgave him playing for Linfield..but I'll never forgive his behaviour last Monday week against Drogs. He actually tried to intimidate an official and the bile that came out of his common little gob was disgraceful.

And these men are responsible for the current champions of Ireland??

Shels have ruined Bobby Ryan...he was a class act before he signed for them. If he is not worthy of his place now it is because Shels have stripped him of all ability and demoralised the lad. He's certainly a better player than Baker and a few more I could mention.

Send Fenlon and Collins over to coach an Al Qeada XI, or banish them to some space mission that is doomed to failure...either way, get them out of the beautiful game.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap
    The little John Gilligan lookalike
    LMFAO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi
    No. Keep them both, I'm getting confident of finishing ahead of Shels next year.
    Not this season too Schumi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast