Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 2nd / 5th June

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    And it finishes with a first-ever clean sheet for Kerry, and a scoreless draw - always did have plenty of time for Harps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    217 Posts
    Kerry have finally kept a clean sheet. The Harps keeper pulled off a great save to deny a late winner.
    https://foot.ie/forums/117-Kerry-FC
    A Championship: 4 years - 8 first teams - 0 financially ruined. First Division '14: 7 first teams.
    Opportunity lost for new clubs/regions to join the LoI family.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    408 Posts
    Fully deserved red card and win for us tonight. All this practicing with 10 players is finally paying off.

Dundalk don't seem to have an idea other than "get it to Tulloch". He's very good but constantly going to him might be wasting the talents of Hoban etc.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Fully deserved red card and win for us tonight. All this practicing with 10 players is finally paying off.

Dundalk don't seem to have an idea other than "get it to Tulloch". He's very good but constantly going to him might be wasting the talents of Hoban etc.

Thought Hoban was a shadow of himself and looked disinterested ( in fairness tough going up against the Cleary/Lopes/Grace axis) is it down to poor service or is he simply on the wane ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    A real struggle for us tonight,Kerry defended well tbf to them but it’s a really bad result again for us at home….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,219 Posts
    Can we just skip the second half of the season maybe?

Here's hoping for St Michael's, Kerry, Trinity and our own 15s team to set us on a Cup run

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Bohs win and produce a hard working full ninety minutes, **** me , I’m off to get ****ed. Twardek and Clarke no longer on the fringes for Declan, he won’t be able to drop either of them after that. Mcdaid when he got on was good too. Hard to call our midfield atm because if we get a good left full signed, Flores comes into the mix, along with Bucko, McManus Connolly, and the sadly underused OSullivan.
    James Akintunde was terrific in the front man role tonight too, Ali Coote though looks a little lost, he plays in short snatches, as always poor first half then suddenly wakes up for the last twenty. A bench player/ impact sub if there ever was one.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Delighted for Greener. He doesn't let missed chances get to him and just keeps going. He's exactly what we needed after a couple of indifferent results. Rovers are operating on about 60% capacity at the moment, in my view, but it appears to be enough. We will need to step it up a bit come European time to avoid a quick exit.
    As for dundalk... I couldn't care less.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Does anyone know why a section of Pat's fans were booing one of their own players tonight? Number 2 I think. It was very odd. Wondered what the story was. Happened a few times.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loifan_76 View Post
    Does anyone know why a section of Pat's fans were booing one of their own players tonight? Number 2 I think. It was very odd. Wondered what the story was. Happened a few times.
    That was Noah Lewis and I think what you heard was “shoot” every time he got the ball as he was on a hat-trick. It was a bit tongue in cheek, though, he hasn’t exactly been our best player this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    Colin McCabe with some of the worst keeping you’ll see for Corks goal tonight…
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

12. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Shambles at the RSC tonight ,Waterford were ok not great by any means with Treaty sinking like a stone.These results are not uncommon under Tommy Barretts tenure at the helm of League of Ireland entities in the city...credit is running thin ,time to question and time to lose the constant stream of excuses trooted out for displays like this.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Bohs win and produce a hard working full ninety minutes, **** me , I’m off to get ****ed. Twardek and Clarke no longer on the fringes for Declan, he won’t be able to drop either of them after that. Mcdaid when he got on was good too. Hard to call our midfield atm because if we get a good left full signed, Flores comes into the mix, along with Bucko, McManus Connolly, and the sadly underused OSullivan.
    James Akintunde was terrific in the front man role tonight too, Ali Coote though looks a little lost, he plays in short snatches, as always poor first half then suddenly wakes up for the last twenty. A bench player/ impact sub if there ever was one.
    Agree with all this bar Coote. I thought he did ok, but being played right wing isn’t really his position, he’s a 10.
    Is it sad that O’Sullivan is underused? I’ve never seen him have a good game…

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    Agree with all this bar Coote. I thought he did ok, but being played right wing isn’t really his position, he’s a 10.
    Is it sad that O’Sullivan is underused? I’ve never seen him have a good game…
    Haven’t seen enough of o Sullivan is how I should have put it, sorry.
    As for Ali, gets a free pas from the bohs fans no matter what, he was appealing against Derry, had a fairly poor first half tonight and turned up for about 30 minutes in all his games. He’s not good or consistent enough to play as a 10, and won’t tackle so can’t drop in beside Flores/ Buckley/ mcdonnnell/ McManus, so he gets shunted out to the right.
    Wants to play in the middle, pull the ****ing finger out and graft a bit.
    I still like the lad here but he started the season with five or six genuinely top displays and has coasted through half of each game since.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Colin McCabe with some of the worst keeping you’ll see for Corks goal tonight…
    Brutal keeper

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Harps could have, and probably should have won very very comfortably tonight. Brutal finishing cost us three points.

July 1st can't come quick enough.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    You mean October 20th!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Galway were poor enough in Bray and they fully deserved the point and possibly could have won it.
    I’d need to see it again but it seemed fairly harsh to give Rob Slevin a 2nd yellow and red for the penalty incident.
    Either way 11 v 11 we hadn’t shown we were going to score again so maybe it didn’t make much difference.

Back to winning ways against Harps on Monday hopefully to finish the first half of the season 10 clear of Waterford. Then we’re down in Wexford on Friday before the break.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Could not even look in here folks such was the trauma of Cork last week, very workman like last night and you could see from the 11 starters that was the approach by Bradser and boy did they work Greene and Gaffney were like 2 ferrets chasing and fighting for everything. Jack was excellent again and Finner was my MOM till he left the pitch. The terrible pass out by, an am not sure so wont say left very little option for Ronan only to attempt a last ditch pass, Red was warranted no issue. Then we start playing better with more space in around the back and with the 2 ferrets now really getting some fun. Great defending the last 10, you could hear the sound of Pico heading the ball away all around the ground. This result should really galvanise the group but Sligo on Monday is going to be really hard with all our suspensions. Will the suspensions and the break be a blessing in disguise come the Euro games in terms of some of the players coming back fresh. Yea i am going with that postulation as i am a glass half full guy.....again.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Anyone know why afolabi didn’t get a run last night! Akintunde did well and was very mobile as his replacement. It may have been just a bit of rotation with a game coming on Monday…

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast