Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Games weekend 26th 27th May

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DCWA View Post
    I don’t think anything as regards that. The clip in question is all I have seen of the game.

I do think however in the recent Dublin derby Rovers were on the right end of two of the most scandalous pieces of officiating I have ever seen (so bad if was Bohs I would not be convinced at all they weren’t deliberate) so swings and roundabouts etc.
    Sounds like you've fallen for the post derby loss bohs spin machine there. Only the peno was clearly the wrong call after replays but the ref was behind it and there's an angle from his pov that looks like the ball was won. Nothing else was anywhere close to the worst call this season let alone ever. Surprised you'd say so.

Either way that derby game had bad calls for both sides. Last night was unlike anything I can remember in the league to be honest. Cork fans are being very honest about it so that should tell you the story.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Treatys recent good run gone wallop last two games,whatever about losing to Galway last nights effort was harmless and tbf to Harps they should have scored more.About 50 Harps fans in the ground ,crowd maybe 500 and that performance will hardly entice them back.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheotherhand View Post
    Sounds like you've fallen for the post derby loss bohs spin machine there. Only the peno was clearly the wrong call after replays but the ref was behind it and there's an angle from his pov that looks like the ball was won. Nothing else was anywhere close to the worst call this season let alone ever. Surprised you'd say so.
    Either way that derby game had bad calls for both sides. Last night was unlike anything I can remember in the league to be honest. Cork fans are being very honest about it so that should tell you the story.
    TBF, the offside for Clarke was one I understood how they got it wrong.
    The other one was inexplicable. On my viewing it does look like Towell was doing more of the wrestling, and yeah, looking on the computer there wasn't contact. A yellow would be Understandable imo opinion.
    Won't be rescinded though, as it looks like he tried to kick, and don't see how he made out he was injured.

Kenny? Stupid. You don't go in like that when you're on a yellow. Likewise Hoare.

Bohs v shels last night also had wonderful ref mistakes.
    Coyle could have had two reds, as could Boyd in the time he was on.
    McManus gets a boot in the face close to the edge of the box, no free for high foot, delay stopping in spite of head injury.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da bishop View Post
    Treatys recent good run gone wallop last two games,whatever about losing to Galway last nights effort was harmless and tbf to Harps they should have scored more.About 50 Harps fans in the ground ,crowd maybe 500 and that performance will hardly entice them back.
    Was shocked at just how poor Treaty were. Tommy Barrett would usually get a better performance out of his teams but that was as bad as I've seen.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohtastic View Post
    TBF, the offside for Clarke was one I understood how they got it wrong.
    The other one was inexplicable. On my viewing it does look like Towell was doing more of the wrestling, and yeah, looking on the computer there wasn't contact. A yellow would be Understandable imo opinion.
    Won't be rescinded though, as it looks like he tried to kick, and don't see how he made out he was injured.

Kenny? Stupid. You don't go in like that when you're on a yellow. Likewise Hoare.

Bohs v shels last night also had wonderful ref mistakes.
    Coyle could have had two reds, as could Boyd in the time he was on.
    McManus gets a boot in the face close to the edge of the box, no free for high foot, delay stopping in spite of head injury.
    Look, whatever anyone thinks about individual decisions is fine. We all have our opinions and people rarely change their minds on forums. All you need to look at is how out of control the ref was and how many cards he gave to one side over the other on a game that had nothing filthy about it. He carded almost every foil or perceived foul for one team. It was the worst I've seen and it's coming from a set of officials with history.

Its so bad this year across the board though. I know it's a tough job that probably only attracts a certain type but.....I don't know...it's making the league look worse than it is. There's probably only 2-3 refs you'd trust to run a game the right way.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Great moment for Aaron McLaughlin, a lad who just turned 17 at the start of this month, becoming Harps youngest ever goalscorer.

https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    This probably won’t be a popular opinion but I think most of the cards last night were deserved, from the highlights I saw at least.
    Mulraney absolutely lost the plot and tried to get to Malley a couple of times but was held back. Eventually he got there and threw a fist into Malleys face so it was a clear red.
    Malley should have went too though, the headlock was ridiculous, so poor mistake there from the ref.
    In Rovers game I missed the first yellow for Kenny and Hoare, but Kenny’s second was a jump into the cork player for no reason - totally brainless.
    Hoare was already on a yellow and although he clearly won the ball his studs came down and caught the man, albeit lightly. It wasn’t aggressive at all but studs made contact so it was careless.
    With the Towell one I haven’t seen a conclusive replay to see if he kicked the guy or not.
    The most telling thing for me was that for both Hoare and Kenny reds, Jack Byrne came to both players and seemed to be asking, “why did you do that?” Maybe he could see some carelessness in the challenges.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Great moment for Aaron McLaughlin, a lad who just turned 17 at the start of this month, becoming Harps youngest ever goalscorer.

And not a tap in either! Classy turn and burst of speed.
    21 leagues and 25 cups.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Comparing a couple of wrong decisions in the recent derby game and the utter embarrassnent of last night's officiating (plenty of cork fans called it the worst performance they'd ever seen) is the opinion of myopic rival fans who weren't there to witness it.
    For the record, I think towels red was justified, but it was the same lino who clutched his pearls when Kenny rightfully called out the push on him in the hoardings which happened right beside the lino. The ref has history with Rovers abd I hope moves are being made by Rovers to register their valid case for this grant €****wit to never be involved with Rovers games again.
    The post match abhorrent behaviour of a few cork fans has ensured the officials will escape further censure I'd imagine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    We didn’t even have to wait a week….. more crap referring in Sligo…. Diallo should have received a straight for a two footed lunge on Bolger ( he had to go off) and a few mins later Mahon from Sligo sent off for nothing….. it’s beyond a joke at this point

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Bizarre refereeing,Diallo could walked after it again before Derry managed to take him off….
    Irish by birth ,Harps by the grace of god.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Diallo was as stonewall a red as you'd see.

Mahon's was a bit soft but he did drag Graydon down while on a yellow. But after letting the Diallo one go, hoo boy...
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Fine point for Longford against Waterford,you could nearly give Galway the trophy now ,no way Waterford are making up 12 points….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Great result for the Rovers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    672 Posts
    Derry will never succeed if they can't figure out how to score on a regular basis. So one-dimensional, can't chase a game.
    Ou-est le Centre George Pompidou?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calcio Jack View Post
    We didn’t even have to wait a week….. more crap referring in Sligo…. Diallo should have received a straight for a two footed lunge on Bolger ( he had to go off) and a few mins later Mahon from Sligo sent off for nothing….. it’s beyond a joke at this point
    They are so incompetent it’s unreal. Think we’re down 5 centre halves now.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts
    Didn’t see the Sligo Derry match tonight but my god Derry really are going to have to start capitalising on slip ups from rivals. It feels like a lot of the time rovers drop points Derry seem to struggle to win to either extend their lead or close a gap, you’d wonder is it player naivety in the mental side of a league title race
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    Fine point for Longford against Waterford,you could nearly give Galway the trophy now ,no way Waterford are making up 12 points….
    Two draws against them and a win against Galway this season. We're still inconsistent but so is everyone else aside from the top two. Credit to Henderson the team is coming along as the young lads he signed adjust to the level.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    812 Posts
    Incredible flat and mundane effort from Waterford this evening. Town well organised and putting in a big shift again. Credit to Hendo and the backroom team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    342 Posts

John Mahon’s second yellow tonight,any ideas how that decision was come upon??

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast